Blablabla MORTAL blabla.

General Discussion
FOOLISH MORTAL
-Every villain in this game

pls blizzard writers, stop
But I am a foolish mortal.

It would be weird for them to call me a 'competent god.'
They're only like that because they've been CORRUPTED and overtaken by the MADNESS.
Trifling gnome. Your arrogance will be your undoing!
FOOLISH BEEF! then?
You No Take Candle, mortal!
This is literally every non-mortal video game villain ever.
I don't know what they're bragging about. They all stopped breathing easily enough. Stupid immortals.
Mortal! Insects! Small thing! Insignificant whelp!

You'd think some of the monsters would have started reacting to us a little differently now that we've taken out some pretty well-known powerful monsters.

At least some of the grunts in the Legion should be like... Well, crap. That's the hero who took out Archimonde twice and thwarted Kil'Jaeden. "No! It's the champion! Attack now while we still can!"

... admittedly that'd be somewhat out of character for a run-of-the-mill imp or something, but some of the bigger ones, since they fear power, might actually sound uncertain when they're MORTAL INSECT CRUSH WHELPING us.
Ghostbusters

Gozer: Are you a god?

Ray: No

Gozer: Then die

See how that works?
I agree. They toss around "mortal" like it's some grand insult.

And then there's always the big bad guys who thank you for "freeing" them when you kill them. That always gets me, too.
You know what's worse than villains calling us "mortal" all the time as a gender / race neutral moniker for players?

Heroes.

Why would anyone seriously refer to their opposition as heroes? The only NPC I've ever heard use it ironically is Nefarion. Everyone else uses it as straight faced as possible. No matter how "Evil" you are, the idea that you know you're evil and that your foes are heroes is just bad.

The best villains are those who think they are doing good from their perspective, not those people who actually assign the label of evil to themselves as if it were some sort of faction choice.
10/02/2016 11:05 PMPosted by Ryumaru
No matter how "Evil" you are, the idea that you know you're evil and that your foes are heroes is just bad.

The best villains are those who think they are doing good from their perspective, not those people who actually assign the label of evil to themselves as if it were some sort of faction choice.

I agree with you here. Unfortunately, in this world, there are a significant number of people who casually decide to go munch on the souls of other people for... I dunno, sometimes even petty reasons. It's like they're a group of people who think, "Yeah. I'm evil. And souls taste GREAT!"

Which is... even more ironic and sad than normal, considering that there is a rich, long history in WoW of that having terrible, terrible consequences for them.
10/02/2016 11:05 PMPosted by Ryumaru

It's still Sunday here, stop making sense.
10/02/2016 10:47 PMPosted by Talenel
FOOLISH MORTAL
-Every villain in this game

pls blizzard writers, stop

I have to agree. They should call us by our actual title, "Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent, and Disappointing Minions"
I like when bosses get all freaked out because we are whopping their asses.
Mammoroth and Helya come to mind as good examples of this. Mammoroth even calls you mortals while freaking out, if I recall.
Well seeing as how every bad guy has rented their minions from the Power Rangers show, I wasn't going to expect a great deal of depth in the rest of the story.
Oh and Just as you're about to kill th-"ENOUGH!" *stunpolyfrozen*
It is probably about time it was acknowledged that I just keep coming back no matter how many times anyone kills me.

We players have our own Twisting Nether that we just keep on returning from.

The Burning Legion doesn't know what it got itself into.
10/02/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Koro
But I am a foolish mortal.

It would be weird for them to call me a 'competent god.'

If they were competent they'd kill us instead of !@#$ing around. So, yeah. It'd be weird.