Legion: less than WoD subs by end of year

General Discussion
I predict that Legion's subscriber numbers will be lower than WoD at its worst by the end of the year. And before anyone asks 'Why would I care about subscriber numbers?': less subscribers = less revenue = less quality and quantity of content for all as WoW switches to maintenance mode.

1. Legion's glaring flaws are surfacing to light: time gating, failed rewards structure, monotonous dailies (I mean WQ's), alt-unfriendly expansion, professions disaster, Pathfinder

2. Drop off begins: pre-expansion hype is over, and people are starting to get bored

3. People are running out of content to do. There is only so much bacon people are willing to collect before they unsubscribe.

4. No Nighthold patch until 2017 to artificially extend the life of what little content they have on offer. Nothing really big to look forward to (Hint: 1 rehashed dungeon is not it)

5. Christmas break: people spending time with family/holidays during Christmas instead of subscribing to WoW

6. No flight for another year or so: without the convenience of flight to break down the monotony of Legion's content, people are simply going to quit until flight is back.

All of the above I feel will drop Legion's subscriber numbers to levels not seen since Vanilla WoW. Would not be surprised if we are back to 4 million or less by the end of the year. We won't be seeing anything really substantive till next year, and that wait will kill Legion like it killed WoD.
Without changes, I agree, subscriber numbers are absolutely going below 4 million in the next few months.
shut up and play the game
Let's assume that subscription numbers drop tremendously and that it retains less subscriptions than Warlords of Draenor... how would any of us know this, let alone prove this given that Blizzard has decided to no longer release their subscription numbers? Observational evidence is not very solid evidence.
Gee thanks OP

I was thinking I might play the game until I get bored but now that I know, thanks to your infinite wisdom, that the game will lose subscribers I guess I'll just play the game until I get bored.
There's nothing to do. It's just repeating the same content over and over. Of course there won't be subs.

Blizzard didn't listen during beta. They were hyper focused on making the camera too close and making changing talents a pain in the !@#.
I don't really like Legion but I don't think it's nearly as bad as WoD

They could easily fix Legion if Blizzard was still a good company
7.1 already is on the ptr. So we can toss most of the OP's content woes out of the window. One of legions biggest problem is class balance. Celetalon has utterly failed at his job. His wait until the raid hits. It's lazy class design.
im running main and 2 alts fine.... and me n my guild been enjoying content so far :) much more so than wod
@OP
You constantly make threads on why 'legion is bad' or how it will fail ect ect. do you hate the game so much that you stay subbed only to post doomsayerish predictions on the forums?
I gotta say the alt-unfriendliness of this expansion is going to kill it for me. I just got my second guy up to 110, a shaman, and realized "holy crap, I'm really going to have to do THAT many world quests, grind my artifact up for weeks, and even then I'll never be anywhere close to my main because of time gates".

Honestly, you can't even really have an off-spec in this game. My DK is Unholy, but if I want to switch to frost, my artifact has zero power in it. It would take absolutely a freaking aeon to get it to acceptable levels for current content.

Basically: the artifact system sucks. Too grindy, destroys off-specs and especially alts.
I don't really like Legion but I don't think it's nearly as bad as WoD

They could easily fix Legion if Blizzard was still a good company
10/03/2016 02:28 AMPosted by Trouserpant
Honestly, you can't even really have an off-spec in this game. My DK is Unholy, but if I want to switch to frost, my artifact has zero power in it. It would take absolutely a freaking aeon to get it to acceptable levels for current content.

Basically: the artifact system sucks. Too grindy, destroys off-specs and especially alts.

You can have an "off-spec".

Seriously, getting to Artifact level 15 is a breeze. Will take you a couple of days. Anything past that will take a while sure, but in a month's worth of artifact knowledge getting to 20 will be as easy as getting to 15 is now. And those five points won't cripple you in the meantime.

I've been leveling all 3 of my specs fairly evenly, and each is around Artifact level 17-19 now. That's fine.

What they need to do is make Artifact Knowledge account-wide already though. That's what killing my desire to level alts, seriously.
Actually, I predict that the holidays will see a small spike purely due to the fact that college folk get time off, kids are home from school, and Legion is probably on many-a letters to Santa.

With free time comes more players, as it always has.
You shouldn't expect a 12+ year old game to have more people playing it as it gets even older.
10/03/2016 02:01 AMPosted by Plastics
There's nothing to do. It's just repeating the same content over and over. Of course there won't be subs.

Blizzard didn't listen during beta. They were hyper focused on making the camera too close and making changing talents a pain in the !@#.

Repeating the same content until new content is made is pretty much the definition of modern MMOs. I don't know why you seem surprised by this. Legion is pretty good, but it's always "content at beginning, grinding, repetition, new content" as a cycle.
10/03/2016 01:39 AMPosted by Holla
No flight for another year or so: without the convenience of flight to break down the monotony of Legion's content, people are simply going to quit until flight is back.

Another troll. Go play another game if you unhappy.

Legion's glaring flaws are surfacing to light: time gating, failed rewards structure, monotonous dailies (I mean WQ's), alt-unfriendly expansion, professions disaster, Pathfinder

Failed reward structure. This is the only expansion Ive seen that rewards you epic gear for doing dailies. Also I have yet to see a better catch up system then WQs. You can get heroic to mythic gear without touching a dungeon.
You are incorrect if you think that subs are the only form of revenue they generate from WoW.
10/03/2016 02:05 AMPosted by Saninicus
Celetalon has utterly failed at his job. His wait until the raid hits. It's lazy class design.

Of course he did. I don't think there is a proper variable for Ego in any equation, but somehow he always managed to get his in there.
I'm enjoying it. And I've been playing since Alpha. I have five level 110s and keep up with three of them, all of which are raiding characters for my guild. There's plenty of content to do, it's just a question of if you're willing to do it.

That's how humans work. What you hate, someone else will love. Bringing these complains to me as fact make me laugh because I'm all right with all of this. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but WoW has always been repetitive. The only thing which made the earlier expansions better in everyone's eyes is, it was new.