Annals of Light and Shadow bug FIX

Priest
Hello my priests and priestesses,

After getting over the required 12 Annals (by a lot), sending in 3 tickets, making 2 phone calls, and countless hours put into eating my emotions away with McDonalds while every other class around me gets their Hidden Artifact Appearances, a GM finally told me what the bug is that was preventing me from getting the dialogue with Archivist Inkforge.

Basically, Annals are on a weekly reset, meaning a single Annal is a weekly quest that resets when raids/weekly quests/seals, etc. all reset.

If you got AK knowledge 4 and started your Annal hunt the day of reset like I did, but didn't get all 12 before the reset occurred, then there's a good chance the bug hit you over the head.

The bug is simple: When the weekly reset occurs, one or more of your Annals will bug out and you'll have to go get it again. For me, I had to speak to Archivist Inkforge again to make Annals lootable, and I had to go back to loot the SCARLET HALLS book a second time.

To figure out which Annals of Light and Shadow you're missing, use this script:
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QUESTID))

You can find the quest ID's for the Annals here:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44339/book-looted-01

Run the script for each Annal, and see which one is missing for you.
Even if you know you have looted it, there's a very good chance one or more bugged out during the weekly reset and are no longer valid, thus needing to be looted again.

GM ticket copy pasta for validootery:

"Hello Kyle,

I am Game Master Eilyndae. I hope you’re doing well. :)

I've read over your ticket and I can understand your frustration on this issue. These hidden appearances are a bit of big deal.

There is actually not much I can tell you about these. We are all kind of in the same boat when it comes to them. The dev team likes their mysteries and they guard them closely. There are many guesses right now on how to get these items but just like the recently unlocked World Boss the devs are not going to tell us how to get these.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/7/12837266/world-of-warcraft-legion-kosumoth-boss-spawn-secret-puzzle

The idea behind them is for the community to work together and puzzle out how to get them. But I can confirm that you are missing one of the books that is needed to trigger that dialogue option from Inkforge.

The books are a on a weekly reset, this was done so that if someone accidentally destroyed them, they would not be forever unable to complete the progress. However it also means that it is completely possible to get more than the required 12 books but you do need to have completed all of the book pick up quests to be able to trigger Inkforge's dialogue option.

Now for the even more frustrating part, I know you are missing the quest to pick up one of the books but I don't know which location that book is in... You can even check your progression on these books by using the command below in game. (I use this all the time to check if I have completed a quest or not. While there are many ways to look up quest IDs, I prefer WoWhead for this since the quest ID is always the number after quest= in their URLS)

/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(QUESTID))

So for say the first book you get that is quest ID 44342 the script would look like-
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44342))

I also found this link that might help you narrrow down which book is missing as it has the links for each of the books
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44339/book-looted-01

The bug the first Game Master was likely talking about was that Inkforge could, for some unknown reason, offer that first book to priests under level 110, that issue seems to have already been resolved and doesn't appear to be affecting your character.

I hope this info helps to clear up your situation, and I appreciate your patience while I looked into it for you.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you require any further assistance. Have a nice day!"

------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why he called me Kyle though. My name is nowhere near "Kyle".. Silly GM's. I don't even know a Kyle. Who names their kid Kyle these days? Parents as silly as some GM's I bet.

If you have any questions hit me up; I know this is a little confusing.

Summary: Weekly reset buggedand gets rid of some tomes' validity. Run script to see which ones you need to loot/re-loot.

Have an awesome day.
Thank you so much for providing a clear answer. If I had gotten this response to my tickets instead of a generic "check wowhead" and "abandon and restart the quest" response, my issue would have been solved over 24 hours ago.
The tome in New Hearthglen is completely... its a headache at best and makes you want to pull your hair out most of the time.

There is absolutely no reason to have it lootable once per who knows how long (its longer than an hour since I spent an hour and a half waiting for it to spawn) and only one person gets it out of multiple servers. If CRZ wasnt a factor maybe it wouldnt be as bad, but im having to fight over it with people not on my server which doesnt feel good at all.

Just make it lootable to everyone, not only does it take around half a month to gain access to collecting the tomes, we have to go out and collect them and then you put in a single tome that everyone has to fight over while Beastmaster hunters just have to purchase their skin with no problem as far as I know.

Its just overly frustrating. Ive spent over 5 hours trying to collect the last tome and its pretty ridiculous.
09/24/2016 05:41 PMPosted by Graya
The tome in New Hearthglen is completely... its a headache at best and makes you want to pull your hair out most of the time.

There is absolutely no reason to have it lootable once per who knows how long (its longer than an hour since I spent an hour and a half waiting for it to spawn) and only one person gets it out of multiple servers. If CRZ wasnt a factor maybe it wouldnt be as bad, but im having to fight over it with people not on my server which doesnt feel good at all.

Just make it lootable to everyone, not only does it take around half a month to gain access to collecting the tomes, we have to go out and collect them and then you put in a single tome that everyone has to fight over while Beastmaster hunters just have to purchase their skin with no problem as far as I know.

Its just overly frustrating. Ive spent over 5 hours trying to collect the last tome and its pretty ridiculous.

It's even worse on PvP realms. In addition to the people just placing items on top of the book spawn, or /sleep 'ing on it, you get camped by whoever decides they don't like you (or by 20-or-so members of the enemy faction). Would love for it to be non-CRZ or personal loot.

And I know I'm going to get downvoted because of the "oh, you chose a PvP realm, tough luck" crowd. Have at me. :/
I hope this is working for people :-)
The New Hearthglen is the worst. I made 14 attempts today alone without any success. If they could make so multiple people could interact for a certain period of time much like how mining nodes are now, that would take a lot of the headache away. The number of people covering the spawn and placing toys over it is ridiculous and takes the fun out of it. CRZ definitely does not help. And now hearing that if you don't get it down before the reset it will bug and you have to start it all over, that seals the deal on the fun factor.
There is a great list of the books on wowhead in the comments section of this page.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=141332/the-annals-of-light-and-shadow#comments

BOOK 3 Is where I got stuck and it is confirmed that is the book in New HearthGlen.

Hopefully this helps others as Glimmer and SeraphX helped me.
This is basically confirmation that the new hearthglen book should always be the last one you work towards. It also re-affirms that the new hearthglen book is bull!@#$.
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44344))

According to the wowhead site this is the book near Meredill (sp?) in the priest order hall. I cant loot it. Not even targetable. I was also missing 44348 which is the book in Black Rook Hold and i was able to loot it. Any suggestions? I have reset battlenet and everything else i can think of. =/
I'm not seeing the quest ID, where do I see it on Wowhead?
So I had this bug and followed the script directions to find out that 3 had been invalidated. The only one that goes "false" is 44344, which is the one Inkforge gives you to start the quest... I have no dialogue options.

Did anybody else have this problem and find a way to have him give you the missing book?

I put in a ticket, so I'll update if I get help.
ok so the same !@#$ just happened to me, ran the scripts and apparently my karazhan book was messed up, going back in to try and loot it. what a pain in the %^-
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44339))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44340))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44341))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44342))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44343))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44344))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44345))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44346))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44347))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44348))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44349))
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44350))
After a week of waiting for GMs to answer my ticket only to tell me they can't reveal anything about the hidden artifact skins, I finally got mine thanks to this post.

You are a saint, OP. Thank you.
10/06/2016 10:28 AMPosted by Coleo
You are a saint, OP. Thank you.

Nice one
Dumb Quest

The books should spawn in a handful of random locations chosen from a larger list of themed locations, with no respawn timer, shuffling daily or weekly.

In its current state, the quest is neither rewarding, fun, or special.
Meru, you can hover over the hyperlink to the item and it should appear at the bottom of you screen. At least on Chrome it does.
I got a false return from this script.
/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44339))

So, I seem to be 'missing' book 1. But I don't get the dialogue option from Inkforge to give me another book. Help?
I collected the 12 books for my hidden artifact appearance but when I went back to the dwarf the quest would not finish. He didn't have the dialog to complete the line. I submitted a ticket and was told sorry I can't help you. So I attempted to start over by deleting the books. The dwarf still had no dialog. So I went to the book location by the research table aND was able to loot that book. But when I went to loot the book by the class hall vendor it wasn't there. So I went back to the dwarf and HE HAD THE COMPLETING DIALOG AND GAVE ME THE FINAL ITEM. 

SO, apparently the books can bug when looted. It had me at 11 books looted not 12. I was lucky it was the book in the hall that bugged or it may not have been apparent what happened. And i would also have had to check every book loaction again for a lootable book. So the quest completed with only ONE BOOK in my inventory. 

I hope this helps any of you having trouble getting this completed.
Also Missing book 1 and he will not open dialogue to give me another. Has anyone solved this mystery?

(Update) Even though the script suggested book 1 was missing....I went to Violent Citadel and looted that book again and problem solved!