@Outlaw Rogues

General Discussion
Prev 1 92 93 94 190 Next
Well, I'll take it as this is the way Blizzard intends to operate moving forward. I'm not gonna pay a monthly subscription for these hollow replies. Anything acknowledging rogues current state, or reasoning as to why we were nerfed in the first place would be better.

I don't need or expect the changes to come in tomorrow or patch day, but even some insight on tentative RtB changes would be extremely appreciated.
No matter what happens at this point, you guys need to stop and recognize this: Even if there is a fix. Even if we move on and it works in 7.1. This bitter feeling about Legion, and sense of betrayal and distrust we are feeling about it, will be part of our feelings for Legion long into the future. The memories of legion for those who are waiting for answers on their classes, and being ignored, (some for over a month) will haunt its history in the same way the issues of WoD have stuck like glue, and the issues of cataclysm have stuck in our memories. You have fundamentally failed in any kind of customer service and that is deplorable. This will be remembered for a long time. You made something amazing, fun, and beautiful, and then you left a stain on it that could have been prevented with more communication. Legion deserved better.
Patch in five days, already on the back ground downloader, nothing to be found about us in the data mined notes, and now Ornyx showers us with more useless stalling.

I know you're just a messenger Ornyx, but this kind of post isn't helpful. Just drag someone from the development team out of their cave and give us a straight answer on whether we can expect buffs or not, I have about 30k ap items in my bank ready to use on assassination, I just need to know if outlaw is a waste of time.
10/20/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Jerrod
Patch in five days, already on the back ground downloader, nothing to be found about us in the data mined notes, and now Ornyx showers us with more useless stalling.

I know you're just a messenger Ornyx, but this kind of post isn't helpful. Just drag someone from the development team out of their cave and give us a straight answer on whether we can expect buffs or not, I have about 30k ap items in my bank ready to use on assassination, I just need to know if outlaw is a waste of time.

He just implicitly told us that Outlaw is not changing any time soon. Abandon ship sooner than later.
I just wanted to add my own comments here, although I'm rather late to the party, I suppose. I don't pay enough attention to reading patch notes or the like as I don't typically raid. But after reading through some of this, it makes a lot more sense to me now why when I'm running normal dungeons at about 800 ilvl at 110, people of different classes than me and about 5 levels lower and 40-50 ilvls are doing better than I am.

Yes, I am a casual player at this point in my life (as like a lot of the WoW population, I work and have a family), but I can tell you one thing, this was the only character, besides my female Dwarf paladin, that I was able to play straight through from creation to max level because I enjoy the play style of this spec so much. I'm not great, but I know what I'm doing with her. And these changes are very sad, to say the least. She was actually the first character I leveled to max this expansion, and I was planning on making her my main, but now I might have to go back to my paladin once again.

But as I'm a "On the bright side" type of person, hey, at least we're not as squishy as fury warriors! (That's a rant for a completely different thread).
Possible fix for RtB:
Currently when the dice roll two sets but one is bigger than the other, it just counts as a single buff of the biggest set. This doesn't make any sense since the buff you get is the same as a simple pair.

There are two ways to fix this. You can allow smaller sets to count as a double buff, or have bigger sets be more powerful. Personally I'd like to see the latter, because considering how unlikely a 6 of a kind is it should be something more than just a reroll.
seems like "Go Away" tactics , if they keep feeding us "maybe something soon "we will slowly loose interest and go away/ reroll/just deal with it, without them having to say it ..
10/20/2016 05:13 PMPosted by Zâthryn
I'm not great, but I know what I'm doing with her. And these changes are very sad, to say the least. She was actually the first character I leveled to max this expansion, and I was planning on making her my main, but now I might have to go back to my paladin once again.

I empathize and relate so hard to this it hurts.
i dont understand why we need to wait to patch 7.1 for the fix... if its come...

why dont fix the rogue now!?
10/20/2016 05:13 PMPosted by Zâthryn
I'm not great, but I know what I'm doing with her. And these changes are very sad, to say the least. She was actually the first character I leveled to max this expansion, and I was planning on making her my main, but now I might have to go back to my paladin once again.

[/quote]
I empathize and relate so hard to this it hurts.
10/20/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Shyfty
seems like "Go Away" tactics , if they keep feeding us "maybe something soon "we will slowly loose interest and go away/ reroll/just deal with it, without them having to say it ..

Unfortunately for them, Some people like me are pretty stubborn :p I will sit until we get a proper answer
10/20/2016 05:21 PMPosted by Canuz
i dont understand why we need to wait to patch 7.1 for the fix... if its come...

why dont fix the rogue now!?

7.1 practically -is- now, it's less than a week away. If they promised fixes for 7.1 I'd be ecstatic, but apparently a month of being one of the worst specs in the game wasn't enough time for them to realize their nerfs were uncalled for.
10/20/2016 05:18 PMPosted by Shyfty

Unfortunately for them, Some people like me are pretty stubborn :p I will sit until we get a proper answer
good I hope everyone feels this way
Nah, not going to allow my time to be wasted. I'll give it till 7.1 then I'm done.
Hey everyone,

Thanks again for your patience here as it does take some time to make sure we go over all the feedback we receive - we've been having a few conversations based on the feedback in this thread and throughout the community, and I wanted to share our thoughts on Roll the Bones, as well as the state of Outlaw overall.

Roll the Bones is a spec-defining ability for Outlaw Rogues, and there’s a lot of depth to the gameplay of reacting to the various buffs that the Bones can provide, as they alter the flow and pace of combat. We’re happy with how it’s played out, and there are very few class mechanics that can rival the excitement of getting that elusive 6-buff at just the right time.

That said, we recognize that that playstyle might not sit well for everyone, which is why we created Slice and Dice as an alternative to opt-out of the Roll the Bones playstyle. Marked for Death and Death From Above take a little more effort to use effectively, and need to give enough of a benefit to reward that effort, but we’re going to take another look at Slice and Dice to make sure it’s living up to expectations. If it isn’t, we’ll look into making some improvements.

Separately from Roll the Bones, we do feel that Outlaw’s DPS has ended up a little lower than we’d like it to be, and are looking into some options to bring it up a bit. We don’t have an ETA just yet on when that might happen, but it’s on our to-do list.
Thanks for a more detailed personal response

Give us back our energy regeneration before Kara hits ?
Call it a month !!!
10/20/2016 05:43 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey everyone,

Thanks again for your patience here as it does take some time to make sure we go over all the feedback we receive - we've been having a few conversations based on the feedback in this thread and throughout the community, and I wanted to share our thoughts on Roll the Bones, as well as the state of Outlaw overall.

Roll the Bones is a spec-defining ability for Outlaw Rogues, and there’s a lot of depth to the gameplay of reacting to the various buffs that the Bones can provide, as they alter the flow and pace of combat. We’re happy with how it’s played out, and there are very few class mechanics that can rival the excitement of getting that elusive 6-buff at just the right time.

That said, we recognize that that playstyle might not sit well for everyone, which is why we created Slice and Dice as an alternative to opt-out of the Roll the Bones playstyle. Marked for Death and Death From Above take a little more effort to use effectively, and need to give enough of a benefit to reward that effort, but we’re going to take another look at Slice and Dice to make sure it’s living up to expectations. If it isn’t, we’ll look into making some improvements.

Separately from Roll the Bones, we do feel that Outlaw’s DPS has ended up a little lower than we’d like it to be, and are looking into some options to bring it up a bit. We don’t have an ETA just yet on when that might happen, but it’s on our to-do list.

Thank you!
1. This level of communication is all we have wanted and,
2. I agree 100%. RtB is fun and doesn't need to be touched. It's the numbers that need to be tweaked.
No RtB fix, still fiddling around with SnD while admitting it can't ever be a dps gain to take it, and no plans to buff our dps before Kara hits. Time to reroll.
Hey everyone,

So basically that RtB is fine and we may or may not get buffed number wise, lost all faith in the wow developers..
Hey everyone,

It's been established long ago that Roll the Bones is too RNG heavy. The disparity between a good roll and a bad roll is far too extreme. That combined with our painfully slow energy regeneration leaves us wasting our fights either re-rolling over and over, or settling for low DPS.

Also
we do feel that Outlaw’s DPS has ended up a little lower than we’d like it to be
IT'S THE LOWEST DPS SPEC IN THE GAME.

Has anyone been paying any attention to what we've been anything in this thread?
Why are you guys buffing mages and hunters when they're already mid to high tier DPS?