Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker

Warrior
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
ahh blizzard....land of the stupid !@#$%
So, if it's a daily chance does that mean if I go in there and there's nothing that means my chance to get it that day is gone? Or if I continue to wait or come back later is there a chance I can still get it?

Obviously only Blizzard knows for sure, but just want to see if someone can shed some light on that.
I've been doing this for a few hours now. I've read a ton of guides and the comments on this thread. Submitted a ticket just to see if I could get ANY sort of answer to a hotfix like I'm sure many of us have done.

There are about 10-15 other warriors logging in and out with me at the entrance. None of us having any luck. Trying all options or running in and out of the cave and also logging out from inside the cave and outside the cave.

I'll make sure to post immediately if one of us hear a ROAR or if I get a better response from a GM.

Edit: Just to add as well, I am running the script from the Wowhead post top comment http://www.wowhead.com/item=139580/burning-plate-of-the-worldbreaker#comments

and I have never seen anything other than False, True.

Edit #2: I am now trying from the flightmaster cave entrance.
There was a bug with this that was fixed earlier this week.

I recommend taking things a day at a time and giving your logout button a rest. There's always tomorrow, after all.
09/30/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Ornyx

I recommend taking things a day at a time and giving your logout button a rest. There's always tomorrow, after all.

sweet! good to know the one proactive action we could take to get the appearance has been "fixed"! Super good.

Persistence pays off. We have our answer, though not the one many of us wanted to hear. We now get to suffer through even more RNG hell.
Back on the day it was discovered, it took me about 50 logouts to get this appearance. Ornyx, you're saying it's okay for people to have to wait upwards of two months to get an otherwise easy-to-get appearance when other specs can just walk up and loot theirs after AKx (at the very simplest)?

Dumb change. Raise the success chance of the daily quest.
Well now we know for sure, this was good to hear.

It's nice to see a blue post on the warrior forum again.
So will anything be done about the people who exploited the bug and received it? Not really fair that because they were a few days ahead of others in AK they got to exploit for what will now be an extremely rare skin.
The early bird get the worm as the saying goes. Not much to be done at this point, though I'd hope maybe the random chance could be buffed a little. I doubt that would happen, but w/e.

Don't shoot the messenger. At least we got a response, neh?
Literally the most idiotic thing they could have done... lets allow a bug to pass thru beta testing for months that allows people to get a rare skin for a few days then rework the drop rate by making it a daily reset possibly taking the entire expac to obtain... and then not remove the skin from people that used the bug to obtain it.... its OK guys give that logout button a rest am i right guys :P ... KEK...

"Heads off to ICC with my Saronite Bombs"

TY A_A

Thank you this is all most of us wanted to know. now i can get on with playing the game instead of logging in and out of the game hoping to get something that was fixed.
Thank you Warriors for not listing me as crazy off the bat and sticking with us. GM's have listened and given a response, albeit not the one we cared to hear. Continue to inform those still camping the site, save some people heartache. To Ornyx, thank you for at least confirming for us a sad reality. Your presence was a refreshing reminder that our voices will be heard. Thank you all.
Really disappointing that this is a once per day chance that you could conceivably never get now.
Makes me wonder how many other classes hidden artifacts might be bugged. With no official way to obtain them, how can you know if all the bugs were worked out?
Also in my experience in Legion I've noticed that there are probably 10x the amount of bugs than any other time I've played the game since TBC. Little bit ridiculous that some people were handed it and others will wait months but I guess it wasn't Blizzards intent.
For those wondering the new triggers would be:
1: Artifact Knowledge to 5
2: Read tablet in Skyhold
3: Jump to Highmountain
4: Run to cave

If you hear the roar as you get to the cave, or the FP if you chose to go this way, your shield has spawned and is located in one of the gold piles. Note: YOU MUST BE IN PROTECTION TO SEE THIS ITEM ON THE GOLD PILES. If you did not hear a VERY loud roar, your shield has not spawned today. You may run the 44312 string to confirm which is "Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker - Failed". If this comes back true, you have failed to roll the rng and must come back tomorrow. If this rolls false and you DID NOT HEAR A ROAR or see the emote, check your gold piles for the shield; as not all players were recieving this emote and roar while it was bugged.
Once a day is stupid and too RNG for me but if was one or 2 more times like tied to WQ's then i would not be so bad. However it was nice for blizz to finally answer us.
Pretty brutal but not unexpected. I did this the day before the fix. I got lucky and it only took me around 20min. The whole time I was doing it was thinking "Well this is the stupidest thing I have ever done in WoW, there is no way anyone thought this was a good idea". Hopefully they have a system in place that continues to increase the chance over time, tying it to artifact knowledge seems the logical way to go about it.

I feel really bad for the people that wasted their time trying this after the fix. At least we have a blue post now so that doesn't continue happen.