Legendary Design

Warlock
I am just curious what the devs were thinking with some of these legendary designs. Today I got the Pillars of the Dark Portal from the emissary box. These are worse than my ilvl 845 manawracker pants as an affliction lock. I lost 4 percent mastery and 2 percent haste?

How could this be? Especially coupled with a trash equip bonus. I have used my gate on one fight so far in EN, the spider boss to assist raid in getting across webs during transition (Which requires one use...not the 2 the portal equip bonus provides), other than that, useless.

I just was curious if I am missing some massive utility from my gate or did I just essentially lose my bad luck protection, which in it of itself was bad luck.....

Im a warlock...I am not surprised....I feel for those who happened to get the !@#$ ring....
imho it would be best if gate worked regardless direct path requirements , from top to bottom of cliff or across to cliffs. its a portal between two points ffs why should you be able to walk through the way it covers? ...
very very limited use of it to evade !@#$ across the ground.
It's kind of depressing. You finally get a legendary drop, and you have a 50/50 chance of it being game-changing or garbo. The gate one is horrible, but the move speed on applying a cc is essentially worthless outside pvp....where legendaries are disabled.

I have no idea why they had to create a legendary whose only use is escaping the underbelly alive. That's literally its only use.
It really is a pity that they have filler legendary items to mask the great ones so its just more !@#$ing rng on top of rng on top of more %^-*ing rng! This game is riddled with too much of it! That it is my greatest disappointment alongside class balance for this game.
If I delete it do I get my bad luck protection back?! lol......this is seriously !@#$
Those pants are amazing lol... you are just too newb to realize the potential utility.

you can literally travel 80 yards in 2 globals.. PVE'ers...
09/30/2016 06:47 PMPosted by Obscuraz
Those pants are amazing lol... you are just too newb to realize the potential utility.

You're stupid, simple as that.
Of course the guy with no pvp xp would make a disparaging comment about me. I think your probably on the spectrum so ill keep my comments to myself. I just thought the pants had a lot of applications other than doing more dps to a raid boss.. tough crowd. Sorry i hurt little noobian feelings. <3
Legendary items do not work in BG's, only world PvP. At that point its not very legendary is it.

Except you can't use legendaries in PVP. So..
09/30/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Obscuraz
Of course the guy with no pvp xp would make a disparaging comment about me. I think your probably on the spectrum so ill keep my comments to myself. I just thought the pants had a lot of applications other than doing more dps to a raid boss.. tough crowd. Sorry i hurt little noobian feelings. <3

By a lot of applications do you mean basically only duels?
Eyyyy, I have those amazing pants too! At the same time that the personal time warp ring dropped for my guild leader. I wanted to kms. Now I'm stuck with this !@#$ty legendary for the rest of the expansion... at least we have garbage legendaries together.

My sympathy, and shared pain.

The most useful place I've found them was in Halls of Valor on Odin, so I can cheese the grip / run away mechanic. Otherwise, the 'instant' cast of the gate that you then have to wait two seconds for it to spawn... is relatively useless.
Yeah the pants suck, and the neck sucks. Glad I got some legendaries but they are equal to around 840ilvl stats besides int and stamina.. Which is stupid. And the gate ability is one of the worst in the game... Sure it might have some goofy applications but that doesnt make it good

I play on a PvE server....the pants are utterly useless...PvPers.....

Disabled in PvP that matters :P