BlizzCon Q&A Questions Submission Thread

General Discussion
1 2 3 49 Next
On Saturday, November 5 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST on the Main Hall (D) stage at BlizzCon 2016, Lead World of Warcraft developers will answer questions from both attendees and queries gathered online.

If you have a question you'd like answered at the Q&A, submit it as a reply to this thread.

This thread will close to new submissions at Noon PDT on October 26, 2016.

Thank you!
Some things to consider when submitting a question:

• Please keep your question brief and to the point.
  • If you see a question in this thread you would like an answer to, please up-vote it.
  • With so many questions, we won’t be able to ask them all, but we’ll do the best we can.
  • Make sure you’re asking a question versus making a statement.
  • Can you please revert the change to guild cloaks (Cloak of Coordination etc) so they show the guild crest and logo instead of a generic Stormwind logo? We already have city logo cloaks. Our guild logo cloaks were a unique and a vital part of our progression kill group photos.

Edit: It's possible that this wasn't a change and is just a bug affecting a small number of guilds, in which case my question would be, is there any timeframe on fixing it?
    1) Death Knights?

2) With Legion, you brought PvP/PvE split balancing to the table, yet, both PvP and PvE balancing right now is some of the worst we've seen in the past few expansions. Any plans to make full use of that feature any time soon?
    Can hunters expect any new tameable pet families in future patches? Would really love to one day tame a Pterrorwing or Roc.
    You've made some effort balance specs in PvE based on damage, but how do you decide a spec is balanced in PvP?

Elemental Shamans and Arcane Mages appear to vastly under preform the other specs offered for their respective classes in PvP. What plans do you have to buff both specs?
    Are elemental shamans ever going to get looked at like warlocks and dps warriors have?
    It seems kind of strange that tailors cannot make tailoring profession bags. Is there an actual reason for this?
    How do you address the breech of trust that has occurred in the overnight crippling of the Outlaw spec; an act that you, in order to offset concerns regarding locking into AP investment, pledged you would not be doing to any spec?

If it was in error, then why not revert, then tweak on next pass?
    Do you think Elemental Shamans are in a fair place performance-wise, particularly in raids, and if no, are there plans to tune/fix that in the near future? If yes, can you explain why?

EDIT: In light of today's 7.1 patch notes, this question is even more relevant, not less. Most specs underperforming around us (or better than us), got more significant buffs, leaving us almost certainly in yet another lower position just like after the last round of buffs. Can you please explain what your thinking is with regard to Eles at this point?
    Betas are longer, but class balancing is still shaky even two months into launch. Do you feel that the way classes are developed and balanced could be improved on?
    Any chances we can get Order Hall specific mounts? Such as an updated Paladin mount or a Shaman mount? Something for end of Legion that shows your class pride.
    Why are some legendaries completely negated by talent choice?

Examples:

Drinking Horn Cover does nothing for WW Monks if they choose Serenity.
    Did you guys ever consider bringing back the Relic Slot for classes to use for Artifacts, instead of the Artifact weapons we have now?
    10/21/2016 03:16 PMPosted by Keyiminn
    Do you think Elemental Shamans are in a fair place performance-wise, particularly in raids, and if no, are there plans to tune/fix that in the near future? If yes, can you explain why?

EDIT: In light of today's 7.1 patch notes, this question is even more relevant, not less. Most specs underperforming around us (or better than us), got more significant buffs, leaving us almost certainly in yet another lower position just like after the last round of buffs. Can you please explain what your thinking is with regard to Eles at this point?

I second this question. :)

I want to add in, with the recent blue post for Ele...

With comments from devs saying no spec should avoid any secondary stats. Can we get the Elemental Shaman Mastery reviewed? We avoid it like the plague.
    Will we be able to unlock flying in 7.2? Or is it going to be at the end of the expansion again?
    Elemental shaman feedback needs a bluepost reply more than any other cry we have sent. Please see forums post- HIGHLY rated, no reponses.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749777353?page=1
    Do you plan on returning any of the utility spells that have been removed with Legion?
    Reason for question -due to not being able to get into mythic+ because i need gear to do mythic+ but i need to get into mythic+ to get the gear to get into the mythic+.. But anyhow i just crafted gear to get my ilvl up.

Crafted gear question(s).
    1.) When will crafted gear be able to upgrade past 850?
    (i'm guessing the release of the next raid)

2.)How far up in ilvl will crafted gear be upgraded to ?
    (I'd guess 875 but i really hope it would be 890 with some difficult way to upgrade it)
    Is there any thoughts at looking at changes towards server transfers?

There is total understanding that you can transfer them, but doing so at a cost of $25.00 per character has now become unreasonable with the changes that have occurred since the introduction of server transfers.

Can we get a bulk discount option that is available annually towards an account, or per expansion? Servers are not the same anymore as they use to be, and we have since made friends on other servers and have been moving towards account-wide community. But there are still few things that are inconveniences being on a different server from people that you have been introduced to and have become friends with over years.