Pet battle old archives BS since Legion

General Discussion
Ok so today i'm out in Darkmoon Faire. Keep in mind I record guides to help the community. And I have bought and payed for every expansion. I am fine with new content, new challenges, new pets. Most of us have not finished leveling all our old pets as is. I am furious that the fights in Darkmoon faire have been changed. Jeremy Feasel and that dam monkey already was mostly a RNG BS match now it's nearly impossible.
I am trying to work on a WoD Achieve An Awfully Big Adventure... think its pretty low class to change the pet masters of older content I payed for when there are still achieves tied to them.
Please help me voice your opinion on this.
Thank you!
P.S.
I cant find a single person on Wowhead.com guides or Warcraftpets.com has sucessfully beat this since the 7.0 patch with a Elekk Plushie. Let alone consistently.

And as a pet battle person who Posts and Records Vidz I pride myself on coming up with ideas... spent a hour trying things.. to hard of team, to RNG.

Feels pretty petty to change old trainers to me, and the game is supposed to be Challenging but you forgot the main part Fun!

Thanks!
10/05/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Banehand
Ok so today i'm out in Darkmoon Faire. Keep in mind I record guides to help the community. And I have bought and payed for every expansion. I am fine with new content, new challenges, new pets. Most of us have not finished leveling all our old pets as is. I am furious that the fights in Darkmoon faire have been changed. Jeremy Feasel and that dam monkey already was mostly a RNG BS match now it's nearly impossible.
I am trying to work on a WoD Achieve An Awfully Big Adventure... think its pretty low class to change the pet masters of older content I payed for when there are still achieves tied to them.
Please help me voice your opinion on this.
Thank you!

I just did that a month or so ago - after they made changes to pets and it isn't bad, your guide must be bad.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=3363/an-awfully-big-and-comprehensive-adventure#dmf-jeremy-feasel

try the strategy there - it worked fine for me and last dmf I was still able to use only two pets plus a lvling one.
10/05/2016 01:56 PMPosted by Blizarmy
P.S.
I cant find a single person on Wowhead.com guides or Warcraftpets.com has sucessfully beat this since the 7.0 patch with a Elekk Plushie. Let alone consistently.

And as a pet battle person who Posts and Records Vidz I pride myself on coming up with ideas... spent a hour trying things.. to hard of team, to RNG.

Feels pretty petty to change old trainers to me, and the game is supposed to be Challenging but you forgot the main part Fun!

Thanks!

look at the link I posted - I did that after 7.0.
Mechanical dragonling + tonk works (and I've used that this DMF every day), but it can be fairly rng depending on how many lasers honky tonk uses (one time it only used missle, and that's a loss). One suggestion is switch the plushie (or a leveling pet) after tonk dies. Fez will use clobber as his first attack (stun with no damage), so any level carry pet can take that hit. It's much, much easier than trying to switch with the enemy tonk still alive.
I am positive you did not run it with the plushie. I can beat it albeit barely with a carry of x lvl. But not with a plushie. Predominant reason for this post is the point that you can't do it with the plushie for the archive currently. Content I paid for. Second part of it is it's lazy and petty to make it a RNG FK fest of that dificulty rather than do it though new content, and new fights. Never had a problem with new stuff. I do changing the old for lots of reasons. And making that bastard harder ? really so basicly not only do they need exactly x pets it nigh impossible which means no one will ever try their own ideas because it's impossible.

Lastly you forgot the other part.. is that battle fun for you? |How about the rest of the pet battlers out there? And new people are trying WoD since it's the latest what free to try xpansion? That achievement is not that old, and takes a fair amount of work and leveled pets in the first place to even try.
Heh...

You are going to LOVE the Algalon fight in 7.1
10/05/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Blizarmy
I am positive you did not run it with the plushie. I can beat it albeit barely with a carry of x lvl. But not with a plushie. Predominant reason for this post is the point that you can't do it with the plushie for the archive currently. Content I paid for. Second part of it is it's lazy and petty to make it a RNG FK fest of that dificulty rather than do it though new content, and new fights. Never had a problem with new stuff. I do changing the old for lots of reasons. And making that bastard harder ? really so basicly not only do they need exactly x pets it nigh impossible which means no one will ever try their own ideas because it's impossible.

Lastly you forgot the other part.. is that battle fun for you? |How about the rest of the pet battlers out there? And new people are trying WoD since it's the latest what free to try xpansion? That achievement is not that old, and takes a fair amount of work and leveled pets in the first place to even try.

Oh you are positive I didn't do it with a plushie - well guess what blizzard can see when I got the achievement and it is possible so they can ignore your QQing.
10/05/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Starien
Heh...

You are going to LOVE the Algalon fight in 7.1

i do agree with him on one thing though, they are carrying some of these pet battles to the extreme in difficulty - don't have legion so i can't comment on that fight though.
I did it a couple days ago using Xu Fu's strat. Her blog has a strat for every single battle. Though I do think one or two may be pre-mech nerf. It still doable.

http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Elekk

Good luck!

She also has a Legion Checker that lets you see if you have the pets leveled up needed for WQs and acheives in Legion. Handy for people interestest in starting the WQs

http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=LegionChecker
Ahh trolls and people who can't handle people doing constructive criticism of WoW on here rather than spewing it in trade. I also hate how most people who have not tried it think Blizarmy is pulling their leg on here and on warcraftpets when he is merely using some constructive criticism of wow. Or that he is trying to purposely QQ. Well ok so maybe not everyone has watched his vidz on his site. It also looks like he has collected A lot of bloody pets. But I'll humor them, though not totally the point. I tried mine, which had worked flawlessly pre Legion. I also tried and read most of the stuff on wowhead. And then spent a hour trying to find one that would work consistently enough to post on. Christoph np, Jeremy almost impossible, if the eye don't get you, and the stun on the tonk don't get you.. the monkey currently will because of the plushie. There may be a few that got lucky but i challenge anyone.. since its still going a few days find one that we can post about that works consistently.

But back to what I think are his main points, I think it's a bit petty to screw with old stuff and I think it lacks some vision since there are unforeseen consequences like inability or extreme difficulty to finish some Achivements. I am all for new content and new challenges.

Also seems like it Blizzard themselves in the foot, great new expansion, now let's make the older expac stuff nigh impossible, take out gold in garrisons, lets take out things that speed up farming, and most talents with speed, and make all the old loot only work in the xpac they were found in, and let's make the old pet battle masters so hard that any new players will shoot themselves before attempting anything.

Bottom line is it should be fun first, challenging second.
Thanks to those who tried to understand the nature of the post, the constructive criticism, and tried to add some helpful ideas for those that read this. To Roxette, though I think you got extremely lucky or maybe had mad skills, your win is not going to be the average experience of most who are avid hunters of pets with skills. Sorry I doubted that you did it with a plushie. But I stick to that this is not the way for Blizzard to go about pet battles or make it more fun. And I stick buy most of what else I said. And special thanks to Vetusshola for taking the time to post his 2 cents.
I beat that monkey two days ago.

I had Baby Winston, and uh... I don't really remember. I know I had the red infernal set itself on fire and in the background, and pretty sure I had so&so, spawn of so&so to remove the debuff. But I might have been Graves instead of the spawn. I'll try it again tonight.
I had no problem beating those last time I tried them but because they were so easy with the pets I used I actually didn't even take note.

Probably used mech pand dragon and tonk but I could have used 2 mech pand dragons.

I really saw no changes in the prior to after 7.0 which would make these fights harder - sure they nerfed the water spirit but really lots of other combos work on that achievement.
I tried most of the ideas on wowhead. The one I had always used, since I wanted to be different was

Soul of the Forge
Lil XT
Carry/Elekk

maybe me and some other folks were having a bad day. I did mention it on the Bliz forums I definatly a bit salty on Howl but went with the Worg on Cristoph and it worked fine. Ill go try some of these today. I still think there is a point where they make these to hard and will have decreased fun/ people willing to do them. And I think they are already at the point where most just look on sites to figure it out since it is to hard do do with random class pets. I am headed there now to try some ideas listed here, if I can get the dang Va to quit interrupting me.. one of those weeks.
part of the problem is Lock on.. its seems to be very random.. on top of killer pets.. so the dragonling often dies on me before tonk is dead. It did work eventually, but definitely not constantly but then again the RNG gods have always hated me. But that is one team out of 650 pets.. at least before it was rough but you could still experiment.
I don't usually reply to posts like this but the QQ level was WAY too high.

Lets get this entitled bit out of the way first.
Whether you've paid to play the game or not has no bearing of what you're entitled to get other than access to the service. So all of your, "I've paid* for all the expansions," is just entitled waffle.
achievement
[uh-cheev-muh nt]
noun
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:
his remarkable achievements in art.
the act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment:
the achievement of one's object.

So that would be something you earn by, lets use current internet language so you get it, Not sucking.

Blizzard didn't intentionally change the old pet boss to make it impossible, or really random. They changed some abilities for balance and it slightly changed this fight but it took me one whole go to modify my strategy so I could keep power leveling a pet.

Judging by the rest of your comments you won't believe me so I've learnt how to make a video. While it doesn't use a Plushie I used another L1 pet, if that really isn't good enough for you you should just give up.
Also replying to your own thread with a second account to reinforce your, faulty, assertion is incredibly poor form.

If I've done everything correctly this link should prove enlightening for you.
https://youtu.be/GdRvMlUwrpk
10/08/2016 10:04 AMPosted by Cluey

If I've done everything correctly this link should prove enlightening for you.
https://youtu.be/GdRvMlUwrpk

Great strat, thanks for posting this.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=67370/jeremy-feasel#comments

thought id post this normally works.. now that I have the right team .. again.