why should i pay a monthly fee for this?

General Discussion
10/07/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Niartheboss
10/07/2016 09:42 AMPosted by Menedea
been playin like 4 months now and STILL get stuck on stupid stuff because this game has NO direction. it sends you to places that have no exits, puts resources in inaccessible areas, and mounts you on things you have to spend 30 minutes trying to dismount... i may be "noob" and all, but now i see why 'most' ppl could never handle this amount of aggravation. NOW i understand why player base has dropped 70% the last few years. i dont want to have to read an encyclopedia just to have basic play knowledge of the game. never had to read a playthrough on ANY game just to play it. this is silly. if it was F2P then ok, but why should i PAY a monthly fee for a game thats just a bunch of fed-ex quests with no real point?...

WELL SAID!

WoW is just a free 2 play game qualitywise (and worse than all the major f2p games out today in saying that).
What are we paying for?
10/07/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Niartheboss
been playin like 4 months now and STILL get stuck on stupid stuff because this game has NO direction. it sends you to places that have no exits, puts resources in inaccessible areas, and mounts you on things you have to spend 30 minutes trying to dismount... i may be "noob" and all, but now i see why 'most' ppl could never handle this amount of aggravation. NOW i understand why player base has dropped 70% the last few years. i dont want to have to read an encyclopedia just to have basic play knowledge of the game. never had to read a playthrough on ANY game just to play it. this is silly. if it was F2P then ok, but why should i PAY a monthly fee for a game thats just a bunch of fed-ex quests with no real point?...

WELL SAID!

WoW is just a free 2 play game qualitywise (and worse than all the major f2p games out today in saying that).
What are we paying for?

Having tried pretty much all the "major f2p" games out there, I'd say you are incorrect. WoW's the best of them.

But regardless, that is entirely opinion, and at the end of the day what I think doesn't really matter.

What I know though, is that if you don't enjoy the game, you should cease playing it and spending money on it. Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

@ the OP, I don't even really understand what your complaints are. Seems mostly to be a bunch of exaggerated claims to me, your entire post is disjointed and makes no sense.

You get "stuck on things all the time".... what? You mean roots and rocks and things? Maybe don't run at them....

The game apparently sends you to places that have no exit.... what does that even mean? There's no place in the game that doesn't have an exit of some form. If you mean it frustrates you when you get stuck in a cave complex and can't find the way out... well, that's a lot different.

You spend 30 minutes trying to dismount something.... what? That's on you, not Blizzard. Every single vehicle in the game is dismounted the same way, and it's pretty obvious as well.

You're apparently frustrated that you don't know everything there is to know about the game... ok well, it's a game that has been around for 11 years now, comprises an entire world worth of content, plus some off-world content as well, is a massive RPG, has many different classes, professions, races, etc, and you're surprised that it requires learning/reading about some of it to become proficient? I mean what do you expect? It isn't Mario. It isn't a console game designed to give you 20-30 hours of gameplay and see you later. It's a constantly evolving, never-ending world.

A lot of players have been here for years, and at the beginning we were all clueless and had to learn as well. You learn and you keep playing, or you quit because it's not enjoyable for you or you don't care enough to put that effort in and learn how the game works. That's on you, not Blizzard. You pay for access to the game they designed, no more, no less. The rest is up to you.
10/07/2016 09:48 AMPosted by Harpoa
You would have loved this game before they showed you exactly where to go on the minimap.

I actually miss that. You actually had to read the quest, and figure it out. Puzzles are awesome
Do you go to the mall and shout at passerbys?

"WHY SHOULD I BUY THIS SHIRT?! TWENTY DOLLARS IS TOO MUCH! I JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER SHIRT LAST WEEK!"
10/07/2016 10:12 AMPosted by Adam
mounts you on things you have to spend 30 minutes trying to dismount...

...what?
I'm betting there was the dismount button on the minimap, but it was covered up by something else or they didn't even think to look there. I confess that may have happened to me more than once :(
OP is right in some ways, the expasion prices without game time for one is BS.
I paid for a taxi last month, now you want me to pay for a taxi AGAIN?
Play the AH for a few mill gold and youll never pay a monthly again.
I dont feel bad playing a game i dont "pay" for.

If/When the game gets great, i will use my money to pay for subs again to support it. But as is I just flip items on the AH, get a few hundred thousand gold and send them 30~k gold each month.

For the 10~minutes of time i spend on the AH a day I dont know why everyone doesn't do this. 30-40k Is incredibly easy to get in 30 days. Almost laughable.
The prices of herbs right now, it literally takes 1 hour to get 30k gold.
Dota is the best :D
however this game lack of pvp balance
but pve is nice to play .... ^^

So instead of coming on here and whining to us why don't you just quit? No one's holding a gun to your head to play.
10/07/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Mystberry
...what?
I'm betting there was the dismount button on the minimap, but it was covered up by something else or they didn't even think to look there. I confess that may have happened to me more than once :(

Even that is easy to fix, if you can mount just start mounting something else and move before it completes, it auto dismounts you..
What is it that you're stuck with? People are willing to help, you just have to word it a bit better. c:
Nobody said you should. You don't like the game? There's an "unsubscribe" button... stop wasting your money on something you don't enjoy, quit complaining, and go buy a game you enjoy with 15 bucks.
No one can tell you what you find fun OP. If you feel that Legion isn't fun, by all means no one is forcing you to stay. Give Blizz the feedback they ask you to do and be done with it.
Strange complaint about getting stuck in Today's game with all the game help on these forums (not General Discussion, go to Gameplay forums) AND tons of info on the internet. wowhead.com is your friend.

With all the complaints about how this game is too easy now and too much hand-holding compared to how it was in classic, this thread is like it's talking about a different game. Are you sure you're on the right game website?

Use the resources available when you're stuck - we all did/do that. Complaining does nothing for you.

I chuckled when I read all that. Not in a bad way but your view of it all, because I can see how overwhelmingly big the game could seem to a new player. At this point you are over 10 years behind in the stories that have been told.

There are a lot of resources out there that can help. An "encyclopedia" of wow if you will. www.wowhead.com it can answer just about anything that you will come up against in game. www.icy-veins.com can handle most of your class questions.

Until you find direction it might help.
This is the dumbest thread I have read in a while. You are paying for a service, that's just like saying that just because I payed for a haircut last time means that I don't have to pay for it next time.
10/07/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Mystberry
...what?

Or a the race in Darkmoon Faire. You have to click off the buff to dismount. The dismount button doesn't work.