Why are female gnomes so ugly now?

General Discussion
They used to be so cute I couldn't stop playing them. Now they look like they've been punched in the eyes and dragged across gravel face down. They have BUG EYES for what?!

I tried hard finding a combination that at least somewhat resembled my old gnome. It's impossible.

I think for the first time the other day I saw a halfway decent looking female gnome run by but she was so fast I didn't see what face it was.

I can't bear to look at my female gnomes anymore let alone play them. My male gnomes were always little old men so nothing really changed for them.

Rip female gnomes. Took away more joy of cotton candy haired tiny killers. Thanks, Blizz. :(
Cause gnomes are disgusting, true to fantasy there gross. Face it.
They just seem so.. grumpy now. Like before all the gnomes had these cheery faces. And then they were changed to scowling bug eyed minis. It saddens me.

10/24/2016 08:03 AMPosted by Littlestick
Cause gnomes are disgusting, true to fantasy there gross. Face it.

This is sort of ironic coming from a flea ridden undead dog/human thing.
The more detailed, realistic models have made most races slightly less cute. Fully cartoon images are easily made cute. Images that blur the line between cartoon and a photorealistic representation of how a character would really look are extremely difficult to make cute. Its called the uncanny valley effect.
Gnomes are still cute! I know this...
Female humans are difficult to get to look right too. Definitely not as bad as gnomes but yeah
The first face on the list still looks decent, if a bit sad. The rest? Not so much. My current one is acceptable because my helm covers the angry eyebrows.
pfft im beautiful.
I've always thought the new gnome models were cute. I liked the older models too, but I do like the detail put into the newer models. Of course some faces aren't as "cute" as others, but to me if you use the right face they can still be adorable.

Now human females, that's a whole different story...
Some of them are not too bad, I was always going to be a picky critic on the female gnome model updates, but I will at least say that the round two models were much better than the original very creepy same-face updates. The only one that I think completely missed the mark in the end is Face 4 (with the very light blue eyes and freckles). She used to look elegant and serene to me in the old model, but now she has more of a Bride of Chucky look going on.
I'm not sure why they gave the gnomes buggy eyes with bags under them, but those are actually "improved" from about midway through the new model development.

I imagine you all look sad and grumpy because when they were first previewed, they had big creepy smiles that never went away, and people didn't like that.

Blizzard often has had a hard time finding the middle ground with appearances.

Whatever it was, they should add more options. It's pretty pathetic how behind the times they are with character customization.
10/24/2016 08:01 AMPosted by Pika
They used to be so cute

They were NEVER cute......like ever.
I think the problem is they just don't smile anymore.

Gnomes are supposed to be jovial and jolly. We got enough hardcore serious try hard races as it is.
Oi, I'm still cute. I'm downright gorgeous.
Just like your baby picture, they were never cute.

Attraction is relative and Gnomes are an ugly race.
10/24/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Grumlunar
Just like your baby picture, they were never cute.

Attraction is relative and Gnomes are an ugly race.

Says discount hulk.
Same with Blood Elves. I like the new male models but the female models look uglier.

Also, my original character had pale skin and now we don't have a pale skin option. All of them are tan (and seem to have all color drained from their lips save for one or two options).
The title of this thread is very misleading. Implying any gnome was ever anything but ugly is spreading grossly-inaccurate information.
10/24/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Vexera
Same with Blood Elves. I like the new male models but the female models look uglier.

Also, my original character had pale skin and now we don't have a pale skin option. All of them are tan (and seem to have all color drained from their lips save for one or two options).

Silvermoon is still feeling the great lipstick crisis of cataclysm when Deathwing took out the belves main cosmetics factory, eh?
On behalf of my wife, who used to play gnomes all the time, the new models just seem to try too hard. Eyes are baggy. Faces look angry. Expressions are overly exaggerated. It's as if they are a little TOO animated.

Also agree with the earlier poster that human females are a little awkward now too.