Classic Server Update

General Discussion
1 2 3 451 Next
Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team
Alex is going to be pissed.
Downvote if you want Legacy servers.
10/24/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

I hope there's some good World of Warcraft meat and potatoes this Blizzcon. The 2014 one around the launch of Warlords had basically no WoW stuff at all.

But it did have Overwatch so that was pretty cool.
That's gonna cause some interesting reactions.

Let me just grab some popcorn first before the shi...I mean, reactions.

Edit:

What I'm getting from this post is essentially that they are aware of Nostalrius post, basically threating them with "if they don't do something at Blizzcon then we will(...)", and answering with "we won't do anything at Blizzcon".

So, what I get from all this is "we will not be threatened".
Not sure if that's going to be good or bad for us players that do want Legacy servers, but I guess it's better than not having any actions from neither sides, because now either:
    a) Nostalrius does something, because Blizz did nothing
    b) Blizzard does something, because Nostalrius might do something

The consequences are obviously unknown to anyone not participating in the decision making of both parties, but I will need more popcorn that's for sure.
Oh this thread will be going places.

/popcorn
Oh the places where this thread is going to go!
Oh boy, people are gonna get pissed again over a !@#$ty vanilla server that they'd play for all of a few weeks and then do something else.

This whole Nostalrius thing has been so dumb.
Thank you Space Goat.
Hey everyone,

You've been talking about legacy servers for years now but we're still not quite ready to even mention it yet at our one major event of the year.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon even though we're blatantly ignoring the community that is quickly pulling away from our games!
I know there are those who will eye this topic and rush here to complain, but I can't help but feel they're the same people who spent the majority of WoD complaining about how awful of an expansion it was, which is precisely what Blizz is working so hard to avoid a repeat of.

I'm personally loving this expansion and I'm glad that Blizzard's focus has been on new content rather than facilitating a way to strip off the past decade of it.
Legacy servers would be nice for the inevitable content droughts. Something else I can do while i wait; and a different experiance. Unless blizzard actually thinks it can give end of expansion support. We'll see just how extensive the content of legion is soon enough.
10/24/2016 03:09 PMPosted by Urboybangs
Hey everyone,

You've been talking about legacy servers for years now but we're still not quite ready to even mention it yet at our one major event of the year.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon even though we're blatantly ignoring the community that is quickly pulling away from our games!

Man, don't be rude. He gave an appropriate response.
Might have been best to say nothing then since you really don't have anything to add. Rather then it being something with possible good news its just making me worry more that Blizzcon is basically going to be a repeat of the WOD launch Blizzcon for WoW news where we basically got no news and just got told what was and wasn't fun.
10/24/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

First of all, thanks for letting us know not to expect anything at Blizzcon. Although a bit late, I will be able to focus on other parts of the con.

However, I've quoted this part in particular as I'm wondering what you actually mean by that. I know without any doubt that this can be interpretated wildly and considering the state of the community related to vanilla servers, it may be judicious to perhaps explain the intention behind this particular wording.

Thank you and I can't wait for Blizzcon!
Rip
well disappointing for me personally but I can understand it
10/24/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Kezzik
Thanks for not listening to your community.

With that selfish entitled attitude, there's no wonder Blizzard doesn't want to listen.
*Opens Lawn Chair & grabs popcorn,

Ok I'm ready for the show!
Good.

Vanilla servers are just a waste. Nost only got big because Warlords was the worst expansion to date. Now the Legion is out and Blizzard is working on new content for the game instead of ancient relic of an old outdated game design, we can maybe move forward.