Classic Server Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 451 Next
10/24/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Gigabear
Success, Your World of Warcraft® subscription has been canceled successfully.

Reason: other

LEGACY
----------

If Legion is what's getting in the way of Legacy, it's logical to unsub it. This expansion is now "the enemy."

You won't be missed
10/24/2016 08:12 PMPosted by Harryrejante

You won't be missed

I know this. Blizzie didn't care when 5 million+ jumped ship, no reason they'd start now.
10/24/2016 08:07 PMPosted by Harryrejante
Suck it, nostalgiafriends!

The anonymity of the internet isn't enough protection, hey? You feel the need to post under an alt? What a brave soul you are.
10/24/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team

You think you do, but you don't.
10/24/2016 08:08 PMPosted by Mithâs
10/24/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Sweetspring
A large part of WoW died on December 7, 2010. I hate the Cata revamp. I hate my new broken legged night elf model that Legion shoved down my throat. I'd love to revisit my old character in the old world again. I would be happy to pay a sub fee on a legit Classic server on top of a Legion sub, tell your bean counters. I love the old gameplay and the classes (druid forever) and I could use cheetah form in any zone I want again!

So thanks for saying something. But still:

You can still go to the options menu and select view old models though. D:

Not if you are a night or blood elf.
10/24/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Kezzik
Thanks for not listening to your community.

Most of the community doesn't care about Legacy servers if it costs even a single second of development time on WoW's present and future, but I know it's fun to pretend you speak for everyone.
10/24/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Gigabear
If Legion is what's getting in the way of Legacy, it's logical to unsub it. This expansion is now "the enemy."

lololol such rebel, what's next? you will do another massive "signed" petition on a website where multiple accounts and bots can sign to make it a "big" petition?

Even better when you declare war at blizzard for not giving you the drug?
brack needs to retire and go away.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sure cause Blizz crossing their arms, stomping their feet and saying this is our game and we'll do what we want with it has really worked out well for them. I guess they hated having 12m players, so de-motivating all those people wanting a good game was a good strategy. Well I guess Blizz must be glad all of the "childish" people are gone, they really taught those people a lesson. They were so de-motivated that they took their money and went elsewhere.
Hmm that's odd, because last I remember.. Legion had 10.1 million subs actually. Also, if anything.. the people throwing out threats against blizzard because they're impatient.. will only cause them to less likely get what they want. And Blizzard can cross their arms and say this is our game, you know why? Because it is actually, they were the ones who designed Warcraft. The only immature ones here are the people throwing out threats getting themselves nowhere and ruining their own hopes because they're impatient. Allen literally made a post informing people the topic is still on the table.. and people are here assuming they're being ignored. That's quite some funky logic there.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sure cause Blizz crossing their arms, stomping their feet and saying this is our game and we'll do what we want with it has really worked out well for them. I guess they hated having 12m players, so de-motivating all those people wanting a good game was a good strategy. Well I guess Blizz must be glad all of the "childish" people are gone, they really taught those people a lesson. They were so de-motivated that they took their money and went elsewhere.
Hmm that's odd, because last I remember.. Legion had 10.1 million subs actually. Also, if anything.. the people throwing out threats against blizzard because they're impatient.. will only cause them to less likely get what they want. And Blizzard can cross their arms and say this is our game, you know why? Because it is actually, they were the ones who designed Warcraft. The only immature ones here are the people throwing out threats getting themselves nowhere and ruining their own hopes because they're impatient. Allen literally made a post informing people the topic is still on the table.. and people are here assuming they're being ignored. That's quite some funky logic there.

I have no care either way. I am able to play Legacy servers and play Legion for free. Life is good.

But if you think that 10m ..... I haven't seen the published numbers yet, I thought they stopped doing that back in 2015? So we only see what Blizz claims (if anyone has the link of current numbers from a good source that would help) ..... but I digress. If 10m is enough for only a couple months and then for the next two years it drops down to below WoD numbers because they failed again. Then I'm happy for Blizz for lowering their expectations accordingly :D
10/24/2016 08:26 PMPosted by Craghack
brack needs to retire and go away.

Yeah, I think it's time.
Please don't spend a single resource on this massive waste of time. Just make sure another WoD never happens and this whole thing will die off.
10/24/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Grümp
Please don't spend a single resource on this massive waste of time. Just make sure another WoD never happens and this whole thing will die off.

It's only been getting bigger over the past 5+ years. Nostalrius wasn't the beginning of private servers. You're hearing about it now because it's continuously growing. It's not going to die off.
10/24/2016 08:22 PMPosted by Arsora

but I know it's fun to pretend you speak for everyone.

The ironman.
Just make sure another WoD never happens

Too late. Legion is no better. The honeymoon period is coming to an end. World quests are repetitive, raids are coming too fast only to inevitably come too slow later on and the fatigue of being grounded is only going to get worse over time.

The real fun starts when they start poking the flying bear again and announce 7.2, the middle of the expansion, and not pathfinder 2. When that happens, the backlash will be extreme as they said we'd unlock flying "middle of the expansion."

And don't even get me started on the Legendary RNG crapfest.
Hey, Brack, how does it feel knowing no one likes you? :D
I'm fine with delay of vanilla servers. It's a different genre of game than Blizzard makes anymore and it makes the day beta goes live for vanilla servers even more hype.

But, let's guess which of these products we'll see announced first from Blizzard:

Diablo 4
Overwatch-Stone
Warcaft The Movie 2: Teenage Mutant Shaman Thrall (in Time)
Hearthstone: Tears of the Warlords of Draenor Adventure pack.

No, it won't

Blizz can do both, content droughts are always going to happen, hopefully not as bad a WOD and the end of Panda; but they will occur.

Legacy servers would give us the ability to keep playing wow and progress through years of content.

Do you remember back in early WOD, the Molton Core event? That was one of the highlights of WOD to me. Legion is great, but id like to be able to play the game i grew up playing again.
honestly, i don't see how people here can look themselves in the mirror the way they behave. you are like a bunch of spoiled children who don't get the toy they want for Christmas. 'if i don't get legacy I'm quitting and stealing your product instead'.

you call yourselves adults? You are not. You are pathetic. You may think that because you are hidden around a fake persona here, everything is OK and you can act like a 4 year old. personally, its embarrassing, and everyone one of you who have done this little online tantrum is nothing but a pathetic loser, with nothing to offer this world.

the funny thing is, they didn't even say no. they just said its not being announced right now. that's what make you even more of a waste of oxygen.