Classic Server Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 135 136 137 451 Next
11/27/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Kanicus
11/26/2016 10:38 PMPosted by Ulfalnar

You don't have to use them.

Why do other players have to be punished? I'm so done with levelling. I usually boost where possible. I'm all about getting to end content myself. The alt I'm playing is 67, and I don't have the finances for a boost right now. I just want to start Legion questing with him already. The BoA and the 12th Anniversary buff is really helping.

Both options are available to us and we can play our own way. You can even create a guild for this purpose if you want, even in the current version of the game.

Perhaps read the read the rest of the post before you comment next time. The poster was not talking about taking your heirlooms away, but about the pristine realms that Blizzard suggested. A realm where those who choose to play on do not have heirlooms.

11/27/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Fillyestra
Only that they're doing exactly what they should be doing.

Stringing pro-legacy people along like kittens chasing a string. The tears are glorious.

What is so terrible about players wanting to play on classic and/or legacy realms sanctioned and supported by Blizzard? How could that possibly have any negative effect on you?

If you don't want to play on one or think the current game is better... then simply don't play on it should Blizzard release any. Let the players who wish to play on them, do so.

I don't understand the point of this aggression over differing opinions. Or the the pleasure seeing someone not get a feature they want... that has absolutely no negative effect on anyone else.

So much this.
11/27/2016 04:17 PMPosted by Ulfalnar
Perhaps read the read the rest of the post before you comment next time.

I did.

He sounded like he didn't want anyone to have heirlooms.

A realm where those who choose to play on do not have heirlooms.

...but that's my point also. You can do that now.

Once again, you are missing the point. Yes he could do that now. However he is very unlikely to find a large enough group of other players not using heirlooms to play exclusively with other players not using heirlooms. The pristine server that Blizzard suggested would have players that do not have access to heirlooms and would not be able to play with those who do.

So yes... he could TRY to do it now.. succeed however... let's be realistic.

11/26/2016 09:21 PMPosted by Atkiri
I liked the idea of prestine realms... what happened to that? Heirlooms absolutely ruined the leveling process for me and i am sure it has for many other people.

The other day I got into a dungeon and 3 people (one of them a healer) didnt have heirlooms. I had to pull wisely and bosses went down slowly. I thought it was so fun. Imagine if everyone didnt have heirlooms. Each dungeon would be much more challenging.

As you can clearly see the poster was simply asking what happened to the plans for that server... then proceeded to elaborate on why they felt it would be fun. At no point was a request made to remove yours or anyone's heirlooms.
Once again, you are missing the point. Yes he could do that now. However he is very unlikely to find a large enough group of other players not using heirlooms to play exclusively with other players not using heirlooms.

1. Why does he need other players to?
2. Make a guild just for it.

The pristine server that Blizzard suggested would have players that do not have access to heirlooms and would not be able to play with those who do.

Obviously because they never existed back then but what's wrong with playing with people that do? I've dungeon with people without BoA's on before. They might have to do the odd extra dungeon, but I can still play with them.

So yes... he could TRY to do it now.. succeed however... let's be realistic.

I am. The realistic thing is...he can. He chooses not to. That's not on us. He shouldn't need a legacy server to force the choice on him. You don't have to play with BoA on the current version of WoW.

Actually, why don't all of you here get together in a guild? There is people right here he can literally make a heirloom-less guild for.
11/27/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Ulfalnar
1. Why does he need other players to?
2. Make a guild just for it.

1. He wants to play the group content.. can't do it alone.
2. It's not as simple as just making a guild. I attempted it in WoD. While there may be a ton of people across multiple servers who would like a Pristine server.. they are not all currently on 1 server together. Hence the Pristine server... allowing them all to be together and separate from those who do not wish play that way. Kind if like how we currently have PvE, PvP,

Obviously because they never existed back then but what's wrong with playing with people that do? I've dungeon with people without BoA's on before. They might have to do the odd extra dungeon, but I can still play with them.

I think you are getting Legacy and Pristine servers confused. A legacy server is a server dedicated to Vanilla, BC, WotLK.. etc. and only up to that expansion of content.

A pristine server... according to Blizzard.. would be up to current content (Legion) but all players would have to start fresh at level 1. It would not be linked to other servers, no heirlooms, etc. Pretty much all of the QoL features that some players proclaim ruined the community would not be available.

I am. The realistic thing is...he can. He chooses not to. That's not on us. He shouldn't need a legacy server to force the choice on him. You don't have to play with BoA on the current version of WoW.

Well.. apparently he has. He said he was not using the heirlooms. Problem is... most other players are. So no, he does need the Pristine server to force it on him. However, Blizzard has suggested the implementation of a Pristine server and the post was simply asking what happened to said Pristine server.

I don't understand why it is such a problem to you that this player would like to play on a Pristine server that Blizzard said could happen.

Actually, why don't all of you here get together in a guild? There is people right here he can literally make a heirloom-less guild for.

Not everyone here wants the Pristine server. Some want the Legacy server. So.. once again, I believe you are confusing the two.

What is wrong with players inquiring about something Blizzard has considered and said could be a possibility. I'm pretty sure that is what this thread is here for... correct? A pristine server and a Legacy server would in no way negatively impact you. So what, exactly, is wrong with a player stating they would like to play on one and requesting more info for and/or the implementation of those servers.

We currently have PvE, PvP, RPPvE, RPPvP and I don't see people getting upset about that. It allows players to choose their preferred style of play, and go to a server with others who enjoy the same style of play. That's all that adding a Pristine and/or Legacy server would do. Whats wrong with that?
Come on blizz it's after blizzcon..... update us. We want a yes or no answer.
11/27/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Infekshun
So any news from Blizzard about legacy servers??

Stringing pro-legacy people along like kittens chasing a string. The tears are glorious.

Oh when the tables get turned I cannot WAIT to enjoy yours.
11/27/2016 08:54 PMPosted by Balør
Come on blizz it's after blizzcon..... update us. We want a yes or no answer.

Based on Ion's comments after Blizzcon, they aren't even close to making a definitive yes/no answer.

If you're not content with "soon", drop your sub. I think I have 10 more days to go.
11/27/2016 09:11 PMPosted by Verlinda

Oh when the tables get turned I cannot WAIT to enjoy yours.

Ehh, he's just trolling and doesn't actually care. No point getting worked up over low effort troll comments.
1. He wants to play the group content.. can't do it alone.

You mean like dungeons that you can queue up for solo?

It's not as simple as just making a guild. I attempted it in WoD. While there may be a ton of people across multiple servers who would like a Pristine server.. they are not all currently on 1 server together.

But the people in this very forum could all roll on the same realm if they wanted and level without BoA's. You don't need a pristine server to do just that.

A pristine server... according to Blizzard.. would be up to current content (Legion) but all players would have to start fresh at level 1. It would not be linked to other servers, no heirlooms, etc. Pretty much all of the QoL features that some players proclaim ruined the community would not be available.

Oh perhaps I am. I'll have to go back to see if he said pristine.

EDIT: Yeah he did. However, it doesn't change my point though. I know the realms are connected but for those that want a pristine realm, even the ones in this very forum...they could start a guild on the same realm and level without BoA's. I don't see why you need a server to enforce that.

Look at it in Blizzard's eyes. Are they willing to put in the extra money to run a separate set of servers for something people can do right now on live? They'll never make standalone realms now. The numbers won't look good to the shareholders because it shows how many people really aren't playing WoW. That, and the fact to make the world look 'busier' is why they joined some together. I doubt they will go back to that for a few set of realms that you can do what he wants to do now on live.

Legacy I get, but pristine I don't. Not if you're keeping everything as it is, minus a few things.

11/27/2016 07:22 PMPosted by Kanicus
We currently have PvE, PvP, RPPvE, RPPvP and I don't see people getting upset about that. It allows players to choose their preferred style of play, and go to a server with others who enjoy the same style of play.

Well, to be fair there's always the odd one in GD, 'PvP happened on a PvP server and so on.
11/27/2016 09:50 PMPosted by Ulfalnar
EDIT: Yeah he did. However, it doesn't change my point though. I know the realms are connected but for those that want a pristine realm, even the ones in this very forum...they could start a guild on the same realm and level without BoA's. I don't see why you need a server to enforce that.

Look at it in Blizzard's eyes. Are they willing to put in the extra money to run a separate set of servers for something people can do right now on live? They'll never make standalone realms now. The numbers won't look good to the shareholders because it shows how many people really aren't playing WoW. That, and the fact to make the world look 'busier' is why they joined some together. I doubt they will go back to that for a few set of realms that you can do what he wants to do now on live.

Legacy I get, but pristine I don't. Not if you're keeping everything as it is, minus a few things.

I don't disagree with you. I would not personally play on a Pristine server. I prefer to get the achievements for new content on my Paladin.

It was something that Blizzard mentioned specifically though. I believe that is why the Pristine seekers are waiting for a response from Blizzard on Pristine/Legacy. Even if I would be interested in playing on a Pristine server, I would not go through the trouble of making a guild until I knew if it was going to actually happen or not.

The same goes for Legacy content. I would be interested in playing on a Legacy server during my breaks from current content. I would prefer to wait on a definitive answer from Blizzard as to happening/not happening before I go through the trouble of creating a 60/70/80 only guild. A guild that would be over tuned to what content is left for those particular expansions anyway.

As far as is it financially feasible for Blizzard? I think it definitely has potential to be. Would Blizzard have made a statement on the possibility of it happening without it being possible from a financial standpoint... I don't think so. Unlike Legacy.. Pristine would simply be servers with a new rule set.

Legacy is the one that I think Blizzard is unsure of financially.
11/27/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Kanicus

What is so terrible about players wanting to play on classic and/or legacy realms sanctioned and supported by Blizzard? How could that possibly have any negative effect on you?

If you don't want to play on one or think the current game is better... then simply don't play on it should Blizzard release any. Let the players who wish to play on them, do so.

I don't understand the point of this aggression over differing opinions. Or the the pleasure seeing someone not get a feature they want... that has absolutely no negative effect on anyone else.

Schadenfreude is rampant among the official forums. It's only gotten worse over the years, it's part of the reason I don't come here often anymore.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying something others don't. I don't like Star Wars, so I don't play SWTOR. Simple as that. I don't berate anyone who does enjoy it, and I know a few who do play it for fun (gasp).

It's great that people enjoy video games (they're optional in our lives, after all). If a specific hobby, in this case, server type, brings someone happiness, I hope they get the virtual world they can enjoy. I'm more of a lover than a hater myself though, so I think options are great. There's enough misery in the real world that I can't fault someone for seeking immersion in a fun game.
Legion is kinda getting repetitive, and the classes are getting nerfed like crazy so I ended up unsubing today. :/ If you like Legion then that's great, but if Blizzard won't listen to those of us who want something different then all the best to them. :/
Edit: Time to go to Elysium lol
Omg bliz just make the legacy servers so we can stop the debate. It's a win win. if they don't play it like you say they won't you're right and you can shut them B's down and say told ya, if they do play it and legacy server beggars resub than you win by getting more money. I win as well because then you can continue to make me some new fresh content, and leave them to the content drought.
11/28/2016 08:09 AMPosted by Tyvas

Edit: Time to go to Elysium lol

+1
Please can we have legacy servers?. I'm bored with live wow I find myself logging in to do WQ emissary and AK notes then logging off...boring.
11/28/2016 08:28 AMPosted by Baelstram
Omg bliz just make the legacy servers so we can stop the debate. It's a win win. if they don't play it like you say they won't you're right and you can shut them B's down and say told ya, if they do play it and legacy server beggars resub than you win by getting more money. I win as well because then you can continue to make me some new fresh content, and leave them to the content drought.

This made me laugh. I like the way you put it... coming from someone who would like to see Legacy servers in the future.

I would take the "I told you so" just see if it really will be successful like I think it will.
i would like to add that we dont want pristine server they may be indeed better then what wow is right now but it will faill im teling you what we want is to be able to play the original wow when most of us didnt have money to afford it....

one other thing is if they add dungen lock to pristine or legacy servers its will be useless to me il keep playing on nostalrius because for me the funyest part of the game is getting your max level character to farm low level dungeons and make money to grind in gear or equiping your alt... or just have an richest wow player ambition...

rpgs that you cant farm or grind arent true rpgs wow classic was so much fun cuz there were so much grinding... we want hardcore game b... some of us players are hardcore not casuals...
Legacy servers are not needed in any way, shape, or form.
11/28/2016 11:00 AMPosted by Miana
Legacy servers are not needed in any way, shape, or form.

Glad to see your opinion. Mine differs from yours however. I think they would be a great and profitable addition to the game.
After a hiatus of many years (WOTLK), I was excited about coming back and bought into Legion. I must say that Blizzard has done a wonderful job of keeping the tourch alive with all their great expansions, and it's been fun.

However, I must say that I miss the old player base. Those players who by merit, dedication and civility made World of Warcraft what it was.

After playing for a few months, I can see how Heirlooms certainly have a place, but it has certainly affected leveling and pvp gameplay. The challenge nowadays seems to be more about how to get the heirlooms that will allow you to have a chance to beat the opponent with their mighty heirlooms, where skill is less of a factor.

I for one would love to see a Blizzard classic server as an option for me to play in, as it was. Honesty, I'd rather play without many of the kind of players I see today.

At an ice cream parlor there are many flavors to choose from, including Vanilla. It would be a win win imho.

I see no reason why people disagree about a Blizzard classic server. If you don't like the idea of a classic server then don't play in it.