Classic Server Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 230 231 232 451 Next
Anti-legacy retards can only down vote me and not respond to my posts because they know I will trash them.

Get dunked on.
I played on Nost from month two until shutdown. For the entire time I didn't log into retail but still maintained my retail sub because I felt like I was still playing blizzard's game. I cancelled my subs for a while after they shut down Nost, but came back to check out the current game and while there's things I like...there's still things that I really hate about it now. I just like Vanilla more.

I'd play on legacy realms. I'd pay to play on legacy realms. I knew many players on Nost who went to Elysium and Kronos. I think Legacy would take care of it's own costs and a team could definitely do it. I still have hope but I don't have much faith.
01/14/2017 08:26 PMPosted by Murlackey

Yeah man logging in and press a button to queue a dungeon is just SO MUCH FUN.

[/quote]

Logging in and spamming trade for a group for two hours is? Some of my issues with modern WoW aside. At least I can do the content when my time is limited.
I'd rather not pay for vanilla or have resources diverted to vanilla since only a minority of people will play it and not leave the moment the remember it wasn't as fun as they remember

You speak only for yourself and the other anti-legacy retards. Which lets be real here, we don't want to !@#$ing play with you anyway. Keep your %^-*ty legion and have fun playing with one hand while holding your #!*%!%** in the other.

Okay, this is PEAK rose-tinted glasses.

The old style was not fun, it was not better. Waiting anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour constantly asking for people, making sure everyone was ready, praying if you were doing an instance like Maraudon people knew where to go and constantly hoping nobody would leave otherwise it's another 20-30 minute wait.

Heaven forbid if you wiped. Taking hours to do a single dungeon and not because the content was truly tough or challenging, rather the process was slow and tedious.

But nah, that was SO MUCH FUN RIGHT?
01/14/2017 05:33 PMPosted by Pwnytailz
Mark Kern: "The fans of WoW demand Classic servers! 300,000 anonymous people signed and online petition!"

3 months later...

Nost Team: "Huh, only 10% of original Nost players are playing Nost again..."

El Oh El

- 52% of ACTIVE Nostalrius accounts were transferred.
- 17000 Accounts logged in for Elysium's launch.
- Currently 30,500 online playing across Elysium's 4 servers, not including queues.
- That is a 155% increase of peak players over Nostalrius.
- 62 active volunteers are currently keeping the project alive.

People love this game. Isn't it obvious?

Why else would a group of volunteers pour tens of thousands of combined hours into meticulously recreating something they experienced over a decade ago?

Why else would so many people spend EVEN MORE combined hours actually playing the game, even with almost certainty they will lose any and all progress they make?

With that said, Blizzard is the tried and true king of WoW, it is theirs to keep now and always and they are the only ones who have any right to have agency over Vanilla.

But until they make official Vanilla servers, what can we do?

If we don't recreate this amazing game ourselves, we can't:

1. Actually play the game.
2. More importantly, show Blizzard how much we want it, that there is demand and that Vanilla should be a blip on their attentional radar.

So Blizzard, please do what is right by your fans, make Vanilla yours, OFFICIALLY. There is a demand and people will pay for it. I certainly will.

- A fan.
There are clearly people with the enthusiasm and know-how to run the thing. Why not...you know...hire them to help run it? Legacy-dedicated GMs. I personally have no interest, but there are clearly a lot of people who are willing to pay money/maintain their subscriptions/reactivate for it.

(Personally I had wished that the Cataclysm changes were phased, keeping the feeling of progression instead of the BC and Wrath time loops we ended up with.)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You speak only for yourself and the other anti-legacy retards. Which lets be real here, we don't want to !@#$ing play with you anyway. Keep your %^-*ty legion and have fun playing with one hand while holding your #!*%!%** in the other.

The old style was not fun, it was not better. Waiting anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour constantly asking for people, making sure everyone was ready, praying if you were doing an instance like Maraudon people knew where to go and constantly hoping nobody would leave otherwise it's another 20-30 minute wait.

Heaven forbid if you wiped. Taking hours to do a single dungeon and not because the content was truly tough or challenging, rather the process was slow and tedious.

First off, fun is subjective. I highly preferred vanilla wow due to the sense of community and accomplishment.

I absolutely loved spending up to an hour forming a dungeon group and venturing into the actual game world with a sense of mystery and challenge ahead. Getting a rare loot upgrade felt 100x more fulfilling then getting a legendary in legion from doing dailys everyday.

Listen, I am not one of those naysayers saying legion is bad. Legion is awesome and so was vanilla, but they are different.

In legion, just like the previous few expansions...its a grind fest. Dailys, AP, legendary farming, mythic plus, even raids...its all easy higly accessible grind. No one stands out, its not hard to get geared.

In Vanilla, you were able to build a reputation and stand out, and it never felt like a grind. It was an adventure, are you really going to tell me getting a "legendary" or pugging a mythic raid in legion provides a sense of accomplishment? No way, its just another checkbox on the grind list.

I love wow, always will, but I so miss the sense of community more than anything. Cross realm and flying destoyed the server communities.

Here's an easy one to respond to.

You speak for yourself and not for me.

Get wrecked moron.
You know, the vitriol being thrown around isn't looking good for the WoW community, as a whole. Agree to disagree and move on.

If one person has the time to participate in the time-sink of putting together a group the traditional way and trudging through the old content--good for them. Let them enjoy that.

If you don't have time for the tedium of waiting and the disappointment of failing to get a group together after two hours, then do the content you can do in the time allotted to you and enjoy it as much as you can.

The people who actually want the old content aren't trying to force it upon the rest of us. So stop fighting with them over it. Clearly the Legacy server idea is not for you.
I think that some of you are making some okay points.

Get wrecked moron.

So it's okay for you to speak for everyone on the state of Legion, what people shouldn't find enjoyable, deem what isn't fun but then get all precious when your nostalgia is questioned? Kind of a funny trend with people like you, incredibly precious when how great Vanilla was is questioned. Are you that insecure that someone can't have an objective view? Must we all fall in line?

Don't worry, I get it. Vanilla was great but it was heavily flawed. You're kind of the example as to why Blizzard hasn't crawled across glass to serve the Legacy community.
01/14/2017 09:36 PMPosted by Raenaven
You know, the vitriol being thrown around isn't looking good for the WoW community, as a whole. Agree to disagree and move on.

If one person has the time to participate in the time-sink of putting together a group the traditional way and trudging through the old content--good for them. Let them enjoy that.

If you don't have time for the tedium of waiting and the disappointment of failing to get a group together after two hours, then do the content you can do in the time allotted to you and enjoy it as much as you can.

The people who actually want the old content aren't trying to force it upon the rest of us. So stop fighting with them over it. Clearly the Legacy server idea is not for you.

Hear hear, people like different (or both) things.

What actually matters is how many people want Vanilla, and from all signs there are a lot.

Hopefully enough so, so that Blizzard feels as though it is worth their time to recreate if not just a great game, a part of their history.
01/14/2017 09:38 PMPosted by Damnneutral

By content you mean running to the end of the hall as quick as you can, i guess. Whether you like to run to the end of the hall as quick as you can or not, you can do that, and only that, in retail. Grats!

Running to the end of a hall is still better than running BRD/ST and the group falling apart after the first boss for the umpteenth time. Tedium=/=challenge and vanilla, while fun for the time, has too much tedious crap to survive in this day and age.
01/14/2017 09:45 PMPosted by Choten

By content you mean running to the end of the hall as quick as you can, i guess. Whether you like to run to the end of the hall as quick as you can or not, you can do that, and only that, in retail. Grats!

Running to the end of a hall is still better than running BRD/ST and the group falling apart after the first boss for the umpteenth time. Tedium=/=challenge and vanilla, while fun for the time, has too much tedious crap to survive in this day and age.

Can you two get over yourselves?

- Vanilla and Legion are different.
- You both dislike what the other prefers.
- Does it really matter?

We all love WoW, just differently.

What matters is that there is a clear desire for Vanilla.

How else do you get literally hundreds of volunteers dedicating thousands of hours to recreate Vanilla from scratch?

How else do you get 30k+ people playing SIMULTANEOUSLY (not including 10k+ queues) on a FAN SERVER?

No hate, just WoW (in its glorious Legion or Vanilla versions :P).
01/14/2017 09:45 PMPosted by Choten

And you don't have to personally invest time in the proposed server. Let them run into the metaphorical brick wall all they want. (and maybe it'll make current trade chats a bit more tolerable.)
You don't have to like Vanilla...there are those who do. If you don't like it don't play legacy servers if they are ever made.

There is no wow community. There hasn't been for a long time. It's all dungeon finder now.

You want me to be nice to people who debate against something that literally doesn't impact them? Nope. If you're not with us, you're against us. Especially true in this case.

Stop calling the old game tedium. What you define as tedium, I do not and other don't either. Conversation OVER.
01/14/2017 09:40 PMPosted by Unscripted

Get wrecked moron.

So it's okay for you to speak for everyone on the state of Legion, what people shouldn't find enjoyable, deem what isn't fun but then get all precious when your nostalgia is questioned? Kind of a funny trend with people like you, incredibly precious when how great Vanilla was is questioned. Are you that insecure that someone can't have an objective view? Must we all fall in line?

Don't worry, I get it. Vanilla was great but it was heavily flawed. You're kind of the example as to why Blizzard hasn't crawled across glass to serve the Legacy community.

Uhhhh no.

You clearly can't read so let me REPEAT MYSELF FOR THE 900000000th !@#$ING TIME.

WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GAME. WE DO NOT WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GAME. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR %^-*TY GAME.

WE WANT OUR GAME BACK.

GO !@#$ YOURSELF YOU ILLITERATE, UNEDUCATED PIECE OF %^-*.
I still say a better solution would be a Caverns of Time Portal that takes you back to Vanilla WoW, adding the quests of Vanilla Azeroth back in, along with the Timewalking Classic Dungeons; and maybe a Mirror Toy like the Outland / Draenor one.
01/14/2017 10:32 PMPosted by Murlackey

Uhhhh no.

You clearly can't read so let me REPEAT MYSELF FOR THE 900000000th !@#$ING TIME.

WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GAME. WE DO NOT WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GAME. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR %^-*TY GAME.

WE WANT OUR GAME BACK.

GO !@#$ YOURSELF YOU ILLITERATE, UNEDUCATED PIECE OF %^-*.

You are mad.