Classic Server Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 451 Next
You think you want an update, but you don't.
10/24/2016 04:26 PMPosted by Moustachu
This is far from a dead horse you are just blind like many other

When a 'maybe' becomes a 'yes' then I'll say it's not a dead horse.

It's been 'maybe' since Burning Crusade, with a 'kind of unlikely for various reasons' on the side.
10/24/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Kamex
10/24/2016 04:26 PMPosted by Moustachu
This is far from a dead horse you are just blind like many other

When a 'maybe' becomes a 'yes' then I'll say it's not a dead horse.

It's been 'maybe' since Burning Crusade, with a 'kind of unlikely for various reasons' on the side.

Just wait for the nostalrius hype train its far from over ;)
Go play on your russian legacy server it will be hosted there.

They really expected that they would not focus on legion to focus on 50-100k players with nostalgia drug.

Bring those cyber bullets now.
3 pages in and the threads gone straight to hell, GD i love you
10/24/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Melaroi
10/24/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

I hope there's some good World of Warcraft meat and potatoes this Blizzcon. The 2014 one around the launch of Warlords had basically no WoW stuff at all.

But it did have Overwatch so that was pretty cool.

Maybe some cosmetic focus like other mmos? With various armor, costumes, and oh, player housing. Oh and hair styles. Other mmos have those things and they are super fun and they add new armor and hairstyles along with raids and dungeon content. Would like wow to bring new stuff or more variety of stuff to the table then the normal meat and potatoes of raids/dailies.
10/24/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Lydess
3 pages in and the threads gone straight to hell, GD i love you

Not yet. Wait until is hijacked by the "give me fly now" crowd. :)
Whelp.. I at least appreciate you saving me the $$ that it would have cost to buy a virtual blizzcon ticket

+ $15/month

:)
Please make legacy servers so that I can play a version of my class that I actually liked with lots of buttons to press instead of this new "dumbed down, no utility, boring, nothing but the dps rotation, missing half of its buttons, no resemblance at all to a classic Rogue" version.

!@#$ your ClassFantasyTM Blizzard, I just want to play a version of my character that actually resembles a Rogue on World of Warcraft.
10/24/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Xyona
Go play on your russian legacy server it will be hosted there.

They really expected that they would not focus on legion to focus on 50-100k players with nostalgia drug.

Bring those cyber bullets now.

sure i will also cancel/or get banned and will never comme back.
About 6 pages in. Downvotes here, upvotes there.

I bet this here thread is going to be as civil as a discussion board would be during a Trump v. Hillary debate.

/runs
I guess we'll see what

"As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will."

Means.

I imagine the Nostalrius follow up will be pretty quick. They're pretty on point.
I like Legion alot so far, but it's missing that feeling that Nostalrius gave me. That feeling of being genuinely proud of what you have done, such as leveling to cap, getting your epic mount, etc etc. I don't get that feeling from Warcraft anymore.

I don't get why Blizzard is so against this, it's a win win situation for crying out loud. More people will resub again if they attach the legacy severs to the subscription. They get more money, and the huge amount of people who wanted Legacy, get what they want. Maintaining the legacy servers would be really easy for them as well, since a small group of random people did it almost perfectly.

Nostalrius is most likely coming back with it being hosted in Russia. Looking forward to being with the community again.
I'm disappointed but I guess this was the more probable result.
10/24/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Moustachu

Maybe keep the hype off the server and the main game and the private server itself won't get another C&D order before the lawsuits happen. You can sue people overseas, it's just harder.

Who knows, maybe people who are sick of "Bring back vanilla" threads will actually regain interest when it's not shoved in their faces on a regular basis.
This is probably the most disappointing news I've heard about the subject since the shut down itself. I really hoped that there would be at least some progress at this point, and while I understand it's moving a lot of resources in places you didn't anticipate, I still feel ignored.

This is a breaking point for me, as it probably is for a lot of people. This non-answer is not sufficient. Don't leave us in limbo. Make up your mind.
10/24/2016 03:16 PMPosted by Lulyn
Good.

Vanilla servers are just a waste. Nost only got big because Warlords was the worst expansion to date. Now the Legion is out and Blizzard is working on new content for the game instead of ancient relic of an old outdated game design, we can maybe move forward.

I already unsubbed from Legion. I personally do not enjoy it at all. To me it's still WoD style garbage.
Feel free to downvote my comment like all of the others who wants Legacy or dislike Legion.
Regarding this annoucement. What can we do lol, it's not like the community hasn't shown Blizzard what they wanted. But then again I've been playing WoW for 9 years and 8 times on 10 Blizzard doesn't listen to their community so it's nothing new.

If you guys keep repeating to yourselves that Legion is great, at some point you'll believe it! Do not give up!
While I can respect the dev's focus on the current expac, this issue is of critical importance. The faster you get these servers out the door, the faster we can bring back some of those lost players and put this issue to bed as well.

Also, if you do not do this, someone WILL fill the void. And this time the community will not be nearly so forgiving if you step in to ruin things, having refused to address the situation yourselves after being given ample opportunity, feedback and incentive to do so.

TLDR: We need an actual update. Either you're doing it or you're not, and you can decide the specifics later.
10/24/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Kamex
10/24/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Moustachu

Maybe keep the hype off the server and the main game and the private server itself won't get another C&D order before the lawsuits happen. You can sue people overseas, it's just harder.

Who knows, maybe people who are sick of "Bring back vanilla" threads will actually regain interest when it's not shoved in their faces on a regular basis.

What about those people who are sick of " eat our new xpac and shut the !@#$ up" ?