Classic Server Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 82 83 84 451 Next
11/05/2016 09:30 AMPosted by Mainstream
This reminds me of something Donald trump would say about illegal immigrants

Actually, the pro-Legacy crowd sounds like Trump. Stamping their feet and screaming about "making WoW great again!" by doing illegal things.

It's hilarious.
11/05/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Falathrin
Nostalrius on the other hand really do give a !@#$ about me and our community.

No they don't. They're thieves and liars, and are the worst sort of people.

Nost4Life.

Ah, so you're a horrible person.

Got it.
11/05/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Aehl
Threatening to go to an illegal server if you dont get what you want.

Yeah. Thats a great argument in favour.

Not.

So just not play anything i enjoy is the better route? I mean where do i go "legally" to play vanilla wow?

Edit: regardless after the day is over i will not be back so what you think is legal or illegal wont matter much cause the truth of the matter blizz can do the same as i when first looking for a private server. It's amazing how many servers there are but weirdly enough only nost got hit "theft of IP" what bout the 100's other out there more instead was it posed a loss on blizz revenue for them thinking they could have the majority flock back here. I still will prefer blizzard to host the legacy and i will flock to "illegal" if need be.
11/05/2016 02:52 PMPosted by Rosetastic
11/05/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Aehl
Threatening to go to an illegal server if you dont get what you want.

Yeah. Thats a great argument in favour.

Not.

So just not play anything i enjoy is the better route? I mean where do i go "legally" to play vanilla wow?

Edit: regardless after the day is over i will not be back so what you think is legal or illegal wont matter much cause the truth of the matter blizz can do the same as i when first looking for a private server. It's amazing how many servers there are but weirdly enough only nost got hit "theft of IP" what bout the 100's other out there more instead was it posed a loss on blizz revenue for them thinking they could have the majority flock back here. I still will prefer blizzard to host the legacy and i will flock to "illegal" if need be.

i agree with all of that, if blizz wants to shoot themself in the foot thats up to them, all i know is that im not going to play a game thats so easy a chimp could do it any longer. It wont take long to see subs plummet to record lows.
aye i just don't feel rewarding to get gear through WQ yeah its not the "best in-game" but regardless what happened to rng blue and epic drop. Killing 1000's of mobs getting kang the decapitator or whatever you might have been looking for. i enjoyed that and when it dropped i was excited. Same with dungeons raid running weeks upon weeks jus to get that 4 set piece. Xroads fight professions useful, SS TM fight running places and getting there enjoying every part i expected a mmorpg to be not a soloable game.
Definately miss the feeling of getting a piece of gear and being excited over it. What I really miss are the old dungeons.....before blizz butchered them into shadows of their former selves. Theres only ONE good dungeon left in the game now, the rest...RIP.
so much in vanilla i love.
11/05/2016 02:23 PMPosted by Fillyestra
11/05/2016 09:30 AMPosted by Mainstream
This reminds me of something Donald trump would say about illegal immigrants

Actually, the pro-Legacy crowd sounds like Trump. Stamping their feet and screaming about "making WoW great again!" by doing illegal things.

It's hilarious.

11/05/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Fillyestra

Nost4Life.

Got it.

Trying way way too hard, Gomer.
I always wanted to pay Blizzard for a Vanilla server since WoD.

Then it really hit me like a few days ago.

Blizzard really doesn't give a flying crap about our community and what we want. If they release one, it'd be for the $.

Based on what? I will agree they are not the same as they used to be but to go to that extreme no.

Of course it is about $$$ they are a business, they are not stealing and letting people play for free.

To be honest I am torn in a way, I can certainly understand the passion and love for the old days and from all accounts I have read Nost really captured that spirit and were/are really dedicated to the work involved.

But they only have to concern themselves with this one game, it is not so for Blizzard.

I understand the frustration, believe I do, but they were very clear on what news was going to be there from Blizzcon and they even stated they would talk about after, I would wait until they said something then before b urning the house down.

Blizzard has sold out big time to attract the casual player from whatever game that really don't appreciate the designs and philosophies of MMORPGs so I don't wanna pay them a single cent from now on. I hope Blizzard never releases Vanilla anymore. I'm just waiting for Nostalrius to relaunch.

Not being able to understand the correct decisions they have made to an aging game, ie. making more content accessible, LF tools for enabling dead servers the ability to even do content, and tons of other things.

No not all may have been for the best,but overall ,me personally I have been happy with what they have done(outside of the whole flying debacle in WoD).

I do question anyones committment to the idea of paid servers when the first chance is given, they run to a free version whether then wait for an official one.

I love this game and hate to see anyone go, so I am sorry you feel this way, but if you are not happy, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Posted by Falathrin

While I agree they are thieves, I do not agree that they are the worst, they honestly do care about thier people and their server, and made a great effort to give people a good experience.

I support Blizzard , but sometimes I question their passion about WoW, Nost seemed to have that.

Though after watching Ion do the Legion panel yesterday, I actually liked him and did not feel like smacking him,lol.
Well nothing in q&a to bad it was screen.... Take care all unless i hear a official announcement i bid you farewell!
Pre-screening questions so they don't get any about legacy. Absolutely pathetic.
11/05/2016 05:04 PMPosted by Hwoodhogan
Pre-screening questions so they don't get any about legacy. Absolutely pathetic.

We knew this already...
11/05/2016 05:04 PMPosted by Hwoodhogan

Nothing new there. Good for them not wasting any time on something that isn't worth their time.
11/05/2016 05:02 PMPosted by Rosetastic
Well nothing in q&a to bad it was screen.... Take care all unless i hear a official announcement i bid you farewell!

Yeah... so scared they screened everyone's questions, basically wrote them themselves haha. I had optimistic hopes for some sort of community news on Legacy/Vanilla, Really Disappointing news for me being a long time WoW fan.

I'll play on a Nost if it comes up. Current WoW doesn't fulfill me anymore as a gamer. It's too bad, I wanted to be proven wrong about this company relationship with many veteran fans/players transparency for some news or dates.
Blizzard is blatantly stringing out the legacy supporters. They have been doing it for so many years. Vanilla has been officially dead since 2007. Now almost 10 years later nothing has happened.

Abandon hope. Blizzard will continue to prosecute as many as it can, Blizzard attempts to control all supply of WoW to maintain the monopoly of its current expansions, even if they are pathetic like Legion. But they can't stop it, just like authorities will never stop pirating.

My honest advice, is to go play the World of Warcraft you really want to play. I know that I will be creating a true Level 1 Orc Warrior when Nostalrius announces in the next few days. And as a bonus, it won't even cost a cent.
I think my favorite thing is people getting mad about Blizzard not announcing something while Nost continues to make announcements for announcements. Learning pretty good from Blizzard.
People still whining about dot dot dot servers? Give it a rest, the game hasn't gotten worse, you've just gotten older and outgrew video games.
11/05/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Fillyestra

Nost4Life.

Got it.

From reading every page of this thread, I'd have to say the only person who seems remotely horrible is you.