Lingering Soul Fragments Unlootable

Bug Report
Lingering Soul Fragments are apparently unlootable after you've obtained 10...
You get this message "You can't carry any more of those"

Anyone else had this issue? Rather annoying. They get mailed to you after the dungeon but still don't add to the tally, probably lost about 30 now.
Not a bug. You can only get 10 of these a week. Just badly implemented.
Are they random drops. I can't seem to get them.
i've ran 2 heroics and not a single one.
10/27/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Ocielus

Same here. They must be really rare drops.
10/27/2016 05:32 PMPosted by Saridormrage
10/27/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Ocielus

Same here. They must be really rare drops.

From what I've seen discussed on WoWhead, they are always a 100% drop on mythic and your keystone will affect the amount you gain. For example if you do a mythic+3 you should gain 3 when completing the keystone. At the same time while they will drop off of heroic dungeons (had 1 drop for me), they appear to be at a lesser rate.

In all honesty this annoys because the summary above the quest text gave the impression that while doing mythics and mythic+s would increase the amount you gain, there was nothing implying that it had to be done on a mythic level to just get 1.
This is one of the worst quests they have created in years, they've said that the point for Raid Finder was for people to see the story and the content, and now they start to put the whole story of the expansion behind this annoying quests,...this kind of story stuff was suppose to be fun, and not like this...

The fragment should be a guaranteed drop from the last boss on heroic dungeons, and every boss on mythic should drop it, the item has a weekly cap after all.
10/29/2016 03:05 PMPosted by Ikkaros
This is one of the worst quests they have created in years, they've said that the point for Raid Finder was for people to see the story and the content, and now they start to put the whole story of the expansion behind this annoying quests,...this kind of story stuff was suppose to be fun, and not like this...

The fragment should be a guaranteed drop from the last boss on heroic dungeons, and every boss on mythic should drop it, the item has a weekly cap after all.

Now if only Blizzard were to act on this suggestion.
Yeah I just got this quest. Screw this, not worth all this for a 855 item.
Locking a high number requirement of these drops behind dungeons is a great way to irritate your casual player base Blizz. Come on and fix this. Don't wanna wait for 7.2!
Don't think you can get them on heroics man, these lingering souls are ridiculously unlootable in heroics but if you numb up to mythic without a keystone you get one, and trust me I heard a lot of people didn't get any lingering soul on heroics, I managed to get one on mythics without a keystone, trust me it's freaking irritating to do mythics with pugs 10 times and I don't want to be forced down by blizzard to do keystone cause I'm not doing that not with my patience going down the drain, if this quest is going to be a freaking barrier to 7.2 goodies like the class mounts then goodbye wow.
11/07/2016 05:18 AMPosted by Venat
Don't think you can get them on heroics man,

Yes you can, I got 2 from running and completing 2 different heroics last night.
could there be a bug related to acquiring these? i know you can only loot 10 per week but ive been sitting at 18 the past week and i know ive seen the loot dialogue that pops up say that i received them yet the loot log doesnt and my quest hasnt had more get recorded
My quest said that i would get an 870 feet or waist. This is about as bad as trying to get valor to upgrade the ring, and now it is useless.
11/09/2016 12:51 PMPosted by Jimdarkbite
could there be a bug related to acquiring these? i know you can only loot 10 per week but ive been sitting at 18 the past week and i know ive seen the loot dialogue that pops up say that i received them yet the loot log doesnt and my quest hasnt had more get recorded

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm not getting a pop-up that says "I can't carry anymore of those" or anything... Everything looks like I looted it, but it doesn't show up in my counter. Very annoying because I'm at 79/80...
I'm getting these on mythic and heroic. It says at the end i earn the appropriate amount but my currency has not been updated - it's still stuck. I read where there is only 10 you can get a week - maybe that's the issue - if that's the case then running mythics for 80 of these - i think a better than 855 item should be awarded that's 8 weeks of running mythics. I think if you do that your gear level should be way beyond that!

What am i missing because obviously i'm missing something.
03/17/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Faeyawin
I'm getting these on mythic and heroic. It says at the end i earn the appropriate amount but my currency has not been updated - it's still stuck. I read where there is only 10 you can get a week - maybe that's the issue - if that's the case then running mythics for 80 of these - i think a better than 855 item should be awarded that's 8 weeks of running mythics. I think if you do that your gear level should be way beyond that!

What am i missing because obviously i'm missing something.

Other than the reward having been bumped to 870, you've pretty much got it.

There was a hotfix recently to guarantee one Fragment from the final boss of a heroic dungeon (the final boss is the only boss they drop from), but keystone modifiers multiply how many fragments you get.

Two +5 dungeons and you've done all you need to for the week.

The cap is still 10/wk.
I believe the cap is being removed come 7.2.
I'll probably vendor the reward from this quest. So stupid.