Mounting Indoors

General Discussion
Why isn't this allowed? Is it a design limitation or is it Blizzard's intention? This would be a pretty neat quality-of-life improvement, specially within a scenario like the Withered Army Training (provided that your army can be adjusted to keep up).

Not a big deal, but as a lumbering DK, I would most definitely appreciate it.

Thoughts?
Giggity?
It's considered rude.

Also drakes have this tendency to poop everywhere.
"The mines are no place for a pony, Sam, no matter how brave he is." --Aragorn
My apartment has a 20lb. limit on pets. Same rules apply for dark dungeons of evil. And come on man, you gotta honor the lease.
My wife loves it when I do that
10/07/2016 12:54 PMPosted by Keldeshai
Giggity?

Ha! It took me a second, but that was smooth.
10/07/2016 12:56 PMPosted by Sengis
It's considered rude.
Only in some cultures. It was perfectly acceptable in Gnomeran, as it helped gnomes get to those hard to reach places.

10/07/2016 12:56 PMPosted by Sengis
Also drakes have this tendency to poop everywhere.

Again only in some cultures is this offensive. Goblins love drake poop and use it to keep their skin that booger green color. They also make tea and a variety of fuels with it.

/quack
10/07/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Makeitsnappy
Why isn't this allowed? Is it a design limitation or is it Blizzard's intention? This would be a pretty neat quality-of-life improvement, specially within a scenario like the Withered Army Training (provided that your army can be adjusted to keep up).

Thoughts?

There was a point in time when it was allowed (Sometime in early Vanilla I wanna say), but like a lot of things that have become issues over the years in regards to large player characters and very large mounts, it was removed from the game. As an example, it was hard to navigate the AH when there's mounts everywhere, especially if it happens to be a Tauren with a Giant's Growth Elixir on a Kodo .
10/07/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Geranguas

Thoughts?

There was a point in time when it was allowed (Sometime in early Vanilla I wanna say), but like a lot of things that have become issues over the years in regards to large player characters and very large mounts, it was removed from the game. As an example, it was hard to navigate the AH when there's mounts everywhere, especially if it happens to be a Tauren with a Giant's Growth Elixir on a Kodo .

Ah yes, not being able to interact with NPCs because fat mounts are in the way is pretty annoying.
10/07/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Geranguas

Thoughts?

Complaints of people having to dismount to get through doors.

/quack
I'd like to be able to mount in old dungeons and raids.

Or at least have the devs add a 10% run speed benefit to the Legion cloak enchants.
Because then animals would be pooping all over the carpet and squeezing ridiculous bulk through doors.