Casual Players no longer Allowed

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
they just trying to bring back the entitlement to people that think doing something at a slightly harder difficulty makes them a special snowflake.

All the people on the forums are complete trash anyway. They arent clearing mythic raids or mythic +15 yet they are in here claiming the game is easy
Blizzard has said:

"Karazhan is central to the story of the Legion and it's an important place. It's going to be a 5 player large, epic dungeon - almost a 5 player raid, with 9 bosses. Feedback that players missed dungeons like Blackrock Depths."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=255147/blizzard-at-gamescom-return-to-karazhan-patch-7-1

Many of us won't be able to experience such a central part of Legion's story, which is a shame.
The only complaint I have about Mythic-only content is the same complaint I imagine all players had before the LFD tool was implimented in Wraith.

Having to be on at the perfect moment to get into one with some of your guildmates, or spamming Trade (or Group Finder) for hours to get a group, only to be declined.

I have three Horde toons that are 840+, but I have yet to be able to get into a single run.

Granted, its a player problem, not a Blizzard problem, but it is still demoralizing at times.
10/26/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Juliaros
10/26/2016 05:17 PMPosted by Pockétt
I'm a casual. I like the way this expansion is being handled more than any previous expansion. I used to be VERY hardcore during cata/mop I just don't have the time I used to have. This expansion feels like it was built for casuals. Unless you are also bad at the game, then ya I guess you should rethink the title of your post.

I'm not bad at the game, check out my achievements and Normal EN clear before the last part of LFR was out. Stop insulting my abilities.

Getting carried doesn't negate you being bad.
LOL casual players are so entitled it's hilarious.
10/26/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Swindle
The only complaint I have about Mythic-only content is the same complaint I imagine all players had before the LFD tool was implimented in Wraith.

Having to be on at the perfect moment to get into one with some of your guildmates, or spamming Trade (or Group Finder) for hours to get a group, only to be declined.

I have three Horde toons that are 840+, but I have yet to be able to get into a single run.

Granted, its a player problem, not a Blizzard problem, but it is still demoralizing at times.

You nailed the issue perfectly.
10/26/2016 06:00 PMPosted by Alpacapacino

Yet casual players are the ones who keep the game active... Otherwise you should look at what happened to Wildstar with their "hardcore-only" approach. ;)
10/26/2016 05:59 PMPosted by Sathelihta
Getting carried doesn't negate you being bad.

This is an issue too. There are good people who can't get in because they can't schmooze, and bad people getting carried, so it's not, "no skillz you lose your problem" like a lot of you pretend.

I do about 200k dps. It's not enough to get into a group. They want 230-250k.

Except I look at my friend's screen. Usually the recount looks like this for a normal EN group:

...And that's for the top seven. When they asked for 250k dps. People who get carried, slide in (while not actually meeting the requirements), or just schmooze are getting in while other people with the same skill are being locked out.
10/26/2016 04:29 PMPosted by Juliaros
I can't do it because it's difficult and I don't have the time. Yes, you can enter the dungeon, but does that mean you will be able to clear it? You are not understanding my complaint: ALL dungeons and raids have DIFFERENT difficulty modes, why is this one an exception?

Seriously the only difficult thing on mythic zero is not standing in fire.

10/26/2016 04:23 PMPosted by Juliaros
ALL content should be available to everyone, in different difficulty levels depending on your aspirations. What happened to that philosophy, Blizzard?

People like you were complaining about : "There's no content! This game is too easy! I want it like Vanilla again!".

So they've gone back to something similar, note SIMILAR, not anywhere NEAR as grindy or difficult, and here you are complaining.

Look mythic 0 is easy. I can sincerely tell you it's not difficult. Get a group of friends or guildies is you're pressured. You WILL be fine if you don't think so damn negatively.
10/26/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Harhain
Mythic dungeons are available to all, YOU are making the choice not to do it

Mythic raids are also available for everyone just form a 20 man and go in.... k
There are reasons why raids/dungeons have multiple difficulties

Kara, Arcway and CoS doesn't have it
10/26/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Swindle

How? Many streamers went back to the Horde, so many others followed. Horde has a much more active populous now, I don't understand how you couldn't find a group. It only takes about 10-15 minutes.
10/26/2016 06:00 PMPosted by Alpacapacino

you are casual. Youre only raiding heroic (old normal) content friend
10/26/2016 06:07 PMPosted by Wariya
10/26/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Harhain
Mythic dungeons are available to all, YOU are making the choice not to do it

Mythic raids are also available for everyone just form a 20 man and go in.... k
There are reasons why raids/dungeons have multiple difficulties

And they should, exactly. If raids have different difficulty levels, why not dungeons? It would be like having mythic-only raids! Then again, some fights do have mythic-only phases (like Imperator and a certain fight in Nighthold).

Unrequired content for main storyline.
10/26/2016 04:29 PMPosted by Neila
I think it's okay OP.
I'm going to try to get in by making my own groups. If it doesn't work, I'll just wait until the next expansion and take a peek at it then.
I know that may not suit everyone, but basically, I will survive without it.

You dont need to wait until the next expansion tho, but maybe the next gear tier. Once everyone get their massive ilvl boost then this mythic content might as well be lfr.
10/26/2016 06:10 PMPosted by Puntingnomez

Have you forgotten about the Nightfallen? Seriously, without completing Arcway and CoS you can't continue the storyline in Suramar!
10/26/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Juliaros
10/26/2016 06:10 PMPosted by Puntingnomez

Have you forgotten about the Nightfallen? Seriously, without completing Arcway and CoS you can't continue the storyline in Suramar!

this is wrong. I have completed it on my rep toon without doing those dungeons
It does present an opportunity to "grow bigger", doesn't it? You could turn away, telling yourself that your friends are not good enough, and you are too good enough to go without them. Or, you could gather your friends up, figure out why you are having issues, and work with them until you can all clear it.

No one under the bus. No one left behind. Everyone enriched.

Sounds like a great time ahead.

I run a training guild. I'd be happy to help you out in presenting ways to improve so that your group can enjoy the content. You'd be surprised at how little tuning it takes to move forward. You are welcome to drop me an in-game mail.

Best wishes.
All the content is available to everyone, just depends on if you want to put in the work to do it.
I'm casual. I work all day and have a long commute on top, so I get a few hours most nights to poke around in game and do a couple of dungeons or BGs or blag my way into a spot of raiding.

There is nothing in this game that is closed to me except maybe 20man mythic raiding which is fair enough, I don't have the time for regular raid progression.

Everything else is fair game. If you want it, build your toon up and go get it. You will struggle sometimes as you reach gear humps, just keep at it. Happens to everyone.