Xe'ra is the worst character

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
10/05/2016 09:43 PMPosted by Phelios
10/05/2016 06:07 PMPosted by Maljinwo
Who the hell wrote Xe'ra into the lore? Its awful

She;s a dreadlord. Note that everything she spout directly contradicts what you see! the real Xe'ra was probably trying to warn you with those images.

Also, she talks, N'aru do not talk, they bell chime. Adal is their leader and he does it, all of the one we met have done so, EVEN the one in Exodar that get destroyed early on did bell chime noise, yet Xe'ra talks?!

I'm sold! If she doesn't turn out to be a dreadlord I'm going to be very disappointed, it would just be so perfect.
I wonder who loves Illidan the most, Kayn or Xe'ra? they both could definitely form one of those facebook groups of "Ilove Illidan".
I'm voting for void lord shill, instead of dreadlord.

The whole shadow/evil form thing is dodgy as !@#$ and well of course these random beings of "light" hate demons and want them destroyed.

Gee isn't it convenient that this would line up with the wishes of the void lords.
10/05/2016 06:08 PMPosted by Lande
Xe'ra is very proud of her Illidan fanfiction, and instead of writing it on her tumblr, she's going to force it into your head directly.

This is now canon.
Xe'ra is...

yeah.

I would have hoped that Blizzard would have had the sense to at least keep from godmodding the player character's feelings. The hate in my heart, really? Blizzard you don't get to decide how my character feels. That's like RP 101.

It only works if Xe'ra isn't what she claims to be. In which case that bit exists to make the player go "hold on a tic" and make Xe'ra's reveal much more understandable and acceptable.

I hope the writers are taking it that direction. But I don't have the confidence in their writing anymore to confidently state it.
10/05/2016 10:45 PMPosted by Kranik
I'm voting for void lord shill, instead of dreadlord.

The whole shadow/evil form thing is dodgy as !@#$ and well of course these random beings of "light" hate demons and want them destroyed.

Gee isn't it convenient that this would line up with the wishes of the void lords.

Also it's a little weird that no one seems to care that the Naaru Prime is now dead.

I mean, the "Sentience Core" is basically a fancy way of saying brain, so whatever happened to the rest of her body it sure as hell isn't doing anything.
Man she irritates me so much with her "grand vision" lecturing. Did she forget that it was other Naaru that helped us assault the BT. What's with her pinning all the blame on us?!
I saw this posted else where but re-posting here as it is totally relevant.

cenarius: illidan until you understand the meaning of sacrifice you will never become a druid
illidan: *!@#$in sacrifices his kin in order to get swole af*
cenarius: no not like that
illidan: *gets friendzoned and considers it a sacrifice of his love*
tyrande: i gave literally no implication that I liked you as more than a friend (if that)
illidan: *forces an entire race to sacrifice their humanity and become enslaved under the threat of genocide*
everyone: dude
illidan: *literally such a bad guy that he seriously is cradling a demonic empowered skull from atop his angst summit*
xe’ra: HERE HE IS MY SPECIAL BOY WHO HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG EVER. MY BOY OF LIGHT AND SHADOW. THE SAVIOR.
10/05/2016 11:07 PMPosted by Mattmorgan
Man she irritates me so much with her "grand vision" lecturing. Did she forget that it was other Naaru that helped us assault the BT. What's with her pinning all the blame on us?!

I think you're misrepresenting the other Naaru's involvement in the assault on the Black Temple.

They didn't so much help us, as hire us to do it. As in, it was their idea. And they were the ones who sent us in.

tyrande: i gave literally no implication that I liked you as more than a friend (if that)
illidan: *forces an entire race to sacrifice their humanity and become enslaved under the threat of genocide*
illidan: *literally such a bad guy that he seriously is cradling a demonic empowered skull from atop his angst summit*
xe’ra: HERE HE IS MY SPECIAL BOY WHO HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG EVER. MY BOY OF LIGHT AND SHADOW. THE SAVIOR.

To whoever wrote this: Know that I love you.
10/05/2016 11:12 PMPosted by Averyx
To whoever wrote this: Know that I love you.

I just remember seeing it on another post a while back and I saved it for discussions like this. I mean the Xe'ra stuff started off nice but then it got irritating. Watching the flashbacks just made me dislike Illidan even more and hate Xe'ra as a character.
10/05/2016 11:15 PMPosted by Rafaelynn
I just remember seeing it on another post a while back and I saved it for discussions like this. I mean the Xe'ra stuff started off nice but then it got irritating. Watching the flashbacks just made me dislike Illidan even more and hate Xe'ra as a character.

I love you too just for re-posting it.
Unless Xe'ra is revealed to be a trick, it's just an example of how the player characters make absolutely no real choices.

It felt the hatred corrupting our hearts... hatred that was written into us rather than chosen by the player, regardless of class (because Paladins feel hate, and it corrupts them just like Holy Priests, Druids, Shaman, Rogues, Warriors, etc. Oh, and Warlocks and Shadow Priests. We are, essentially, all just like Warlocks and Shadow Priests. Our corruption is just prettier).

It makes us glorified NPCs in terms of the story rather than characters making choices through it. We are the NPC that carries the phlebotinum to the target and is called a hero who, meanwhile, cleans the toilets for fat cash. And now, we must atone for sins we had no choice in committing (Xe'ra slags you whether you killed Illidan or not) because there were no other options except not to play. (Also, that engineering quest that makes you steal the ruby. I mean, seriously).

The least Blizzard could do is write multiple lines for each class in there. Xe'ra could have said, "Oh, Holy Priest. You stopped Illidan's murderous rampage and the immediate threat he posed. You are as noble as your goals. You could not have known that he was the child of Light and Shadow, necessary for the survival of Azeroth." or something. But neh. Corrupted by hatred cliche.

Thanks, Xe'ra.
10/05/2016 11:09 PMPosted by Rafaelynn

cenarius: illidan until you understand the meaning of sacrifice you will never become a druid

This is magnificent!

Xe'ra is really getting on my nerves. I mean, in one of her scenarios I have to take the form of Illidan and KILL MY OWN INNOCENT STUDENTS and that's supposed to make me sympathetic and guilt ridden for thinking he's a POS? Gimme a break.
10/05/2016 06:30 PMPosted by Eielody
yea, this is true. It was a very big go grab a smoke and some Cheetos moment for me. Still, I really hate that they can't just have a character. It's always got to be some super savior of the world. I mean, Thrall was bad enough. A cool, likable character turned into the worst Mary sue I've ever seen...till now.

An edgy, ninja, demon, warlock, anti-hero who was misunderstood by the world he now has to save.... Jesus, I think its every bad idea from the 90s wrapped into one.

He's...he's Spawn.

LMFAO XD

I seriously spit tea everywhere. Great. XD
10/05/2016 11:39 PMPosted by Vanillan
Xe'ra is really getting on my nerves. I mean, in one of her scenarios I have to take the form of Illidan and KILL MY OWN INNOCENT STUDENTS and that's supposed to make me sympathetic and guilt ridden for thinking he's a POS? Gimme a break.

Not only that, but Illidan talks about regaining his mana/health at the little nodes but... just kidding. They don't work. Must eat mages. Om nom nom.

Not only that, but Illidan talks about regaining is mana/health at the little nodes but... just kidding. They don't work. Must eat mages. Om nom nom.

That really bugged me. You had no choice but to eat your buddies. Then Ravencrest gets pissed off at you and Illidan throws a tantrum. Remember though, he can do no wrong according to Xe'ra.

Not only that, but Illidan talks about regaining is mana/health at the little nodes but... just kidding. They don't work. Must eat mages. Om nom nom.

And he trained the Illidari to be just like him in terms of powers and morality.

And then we freed them.

Oh dear.
Look, Illidan did nothing wrong. Just because you guys are jealous of our sweet tats and horns doesn't mean you have to take it out on the supreme leader.

Who else struck at the Lich King like 3 times? Don't believe those Draenei lies about him being defeated once - he founded the Black Temple because he was asked to leave Azeroth even though he was the one trying to save it.

Illidan was just chilling in his temple when the War of Naaru Aggression kicked off and the "neutral" city of Shattrath attacked him - he was the one that fought off the Burning Legion in the first place! And then the Broken rebelled, even though the master had freed them from their chains. We should have fed them all to the Reliquary of Souls.

Look - Illidan had the best Temple ever built - he made sure it was great when it was renovated and it was made for the people of Shadowmoon Valley. No one had a better building than he did and he even built a great wall around it to keep the Legion out, and he made the demons build it. Can you really argue with such a great leader?

I'm sorry if you guys can't see the truth about how good Illidan is and why he's the best choice for Hero of Light and Shadow. But let me tell you that Xe'ra narratives are powerful and the arcane magic is real.
OP, one word: Medan