I absolutely hate the mission system.

General Discussion
I know i'm not alone in saying this but I've played, semi casually (proably 60 hours?) So far I have had minimal benefit from missons and have made it to 828iLvl [I know, still scrubbin] without one piece of mission gear. I try and do missions from work on my cell but keeping up with resources is a pain (ty for this week's 5k missions tho).

Either way I just feel like i'm getting absolutely no benefit from missions and the whole experience just seems inconsequential. If it disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't care. PLEASE do not include it in the next xpac. If you wanna include a mobile game, go ahead just keep it to a mobile game.
I think it was intended to be a minimal part of the game aside from your class campaign. After the negative feedback garrison missions got that's kind of what you expect, really.
I just don't see the point to it. I like the followers but sending them out on missions for 150 gold and the occasional quest item just doesn't seem very exciting to me. And using it as an arbitrary time gate to progression is BS.
i've had lot's of benefit from it:

1000's of AP points

1000's of gold

bunch of follower upgrades

raid/dungeon quests

Reputation tokens.

All good things in my books
10/06/2016 09:43 AMPosted by Wheatthins
I just don't see the point to it. I like the followers but sending them out on missions for 150 gold and the occasional quest item just doesn't seem very exciting to me. And using it as an arbitrary time gate to progression is BS.

150gold?

i get 1200-1500g with the bonus on gold missions
10/06/2016 09:44 AMPosted by Darksmear

1000's of AP points

1000's of gold

raid/dungeon quests

Reputation tokens.

Well your an idiot then if all you see is the good
If you think about it, its only worth doing the AP missions.... otherwise your just trading resources for gold or for invisible champion gear which is redundant as !@#$.
And using it as an arbitrary time gate to progression is BS.

Not to mention gating content.
10/06/2016 09:46 AMPosted by Chriswilson
If you think about it, its only worth doing the AP missions.... otherwise your just trading resources for gold or for invisible champion gear which is redundant as !@#$.

But the resources are free... why wouldn't I turn free resources in to gold?
I don't know man, I'm getting at least 2k AP and 1.5k golds from my missions.

Pretty worth it.
Moar Timegating Moar RNG elements. Its filler content that requires little to no effort on the devs behalf that's why it made its glorious return in Legion.
10/06/2016 09:50 AMPosted by Rhawn
Moar Timegating Moar RNG elements. Its filler content that requires little to no effort on the devs behalf that's why it made its glorious return in Legion.

After the Order hall campaign, what exactly does it timegate?

They already had the system made fomr Wod and they decided to give it a more minor roll in this expansion for those that wanted to keep using it.

Nothing wrong with giving another piece of 'conten't for those that want it
The main thing I find silly about the missions is that they show me 7 or 8 "available" missions, but only 2 or 3 that my followers are eligible for. (When I wasn't 110 yet, and my followers weren't either, there were lots of 110 (760) missions. Now that I've been 110 and my followers are getting equipment, there's a few 110 (760), but 110 (830) is more common ... and I need more upgrades to get them able to do missions that offer upgrades.

However, I do see it as a mostly useless mini-game that occasionally has a rare mission offering a pet (Corgnelius) or a quest-starting item. To be able to do those rare missions takes being leveled and equipped from earlier missions.
I dont even use it tbh unless I need it for the campaign or whatever.
10/06/2016 09:46 AMPosted by Igon

1000's of AP points

1000's of gold

raid/dungeon quests

Reputation tokens.

Well your an idiot then if all you see is the good

Lol, who is really the 'idiot' when you can't even use the proper tense of the contraction 'you're' instead of 'your'.
WoD: Garrison Mission/Shipyard table is an awful facebook game that should have no place in an MMO.

Legion: The class hall mission table is completely different from WoD and totally amazing. I can do it from my phone, I love it!!!11
10/06/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Darksmear
10/06/2016 09:50 AMPosted by Rhawn

After the Order hall campaign, what exactly does it timegate?

They already had the system made fomr Wod and they decided to give it a more minor roll in this expansion for those that wanted to keep using it.

Nothing wrong with giving another piece of 'conten't for those that want it

Id put money on it gating something in 7.1, If you honestly think its over with just the first leg of the campaign I think you're kidding yourself.
I don't understand.

Do you not like going to the "table"? Or is it that you can't gear up from missions?

They give you armor for your Champions. They give you AP for your weapon. They give you rep for factions. What else do you want?

Gear comes from pretty much everything else.

Missions are a "check in once a day or so and go" thing. They are not a major part of gameplay...they are a side thing that, frankly (with the occasional exception for a quest for your campaign and a couple others here and there) that you can ignore after a while.

Leave your hall and you'll get plenty of gear.
I am to the point my followers are maxed purple with 850 ilvl and the only missions I have are for armor upgrades and those junk quests where you run a dungeon for garbage gear. So yea Im not even doing them.

1000's of AP points

1000's of gold

raid/dungeon quests

Reputation tokens.

IF they didn't exist though, blizz could up the Artifact gains from dungeons and world finds to compensate. I feel like it only exists cuz someone said it had to not that it adds value to the game overall. I mean we went through 5 iterations of the game (Van, BC, LK, Cata, Panda) with out it....