Aftershocks

Mage
I think we all can agree that this trait sucks.

I think I'd rather have Sephuz's Secret.

In all seriousness though does anything think Blizzard will do anything to make this trait more beneficial or maybe change it all together?

Anyone have any ideas to share on how to make it better or replace it?
Needs to proc heating up TBH
10/21/2016 10:07 AMPosted by Nainsell

but how? asu see with cinderstorms if some doesnt crit it reset

so say you use it on 2mobs

1 crit other doesnt crit

what then?
10/21/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Jessdabést

1 crit other doesnt crit

what then?

I think you're confusing Heating Up with Pyretic Incantion. Cinderstorm, like Flamestrike, will neither proc Heating Up or clear it.

Edit: I probably misunderstood earlier. I get your point. Wouldn't a flamestrike crit cause crit to all targets? I don't use it enough to know.

1 crit other doesnt crit

what then?

I think simply hitting x mobs with aftershock should be enough to proc it, or maybe a ratio of crits (x mobs were hit, 50% were crit, proc it). Regardless, if it doesn't fit into another free pb cast then it's hard to fit into rotation on anything less than very large pulls because it's always going to lessen PB-chaining and ignite
It's fine.
10/21/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Rîn

1 crit other doesnt crit

what then?

I think you're confusing Heating Up with Pyretic Incantion. Cinderstorm, like Flamestrike, will neither proc Heating Up or clear it.

Edit: I probably misunderstood earlier. I get your point. Wouldn't a flamestrike crit cause crit to all targets? I don't use it enough to know.

Nope like cinderstorm some crit some doesnt same with living bomb
Aftershock is weak / almost useless.

Everyone is avoiding it until you have no choice but to take it to fill-up your artifact and get Empowered Spellblade.

Also, as it stands right now, they could take Flamestrike off our spells and I would not care. It hits like a wet noodle and you need 10+ trash packs to have it do decent damage.

Most fire mages use LB and spread ignite for AOE purposes.
Don't worry guys they're buffing flamestrike 10% and nerfing pyro 10%, that is what we need to make our aoe better lol
This is such a useless golden trait. It's really disappointing I do not even want to put point in it but soon I'll need to.
It might be good if it straight up gave a 2nd Flamestrike

I think this is the right answer.
Remove the terrible damage buff, just allow it to proc heating up. I think that would be worthy of a golden trait.
10/21/2016 01:34 PMPosted by Riisi
Don't worry guys they're buffing flamestrike 10% and nerfing pyro 10%, that is what we need to make our aoe better lol

It's a 6% nerf to Pyro.

Everyone here complaining about these things must never use Flamestrike. I'm glad I don't rely on your DPS.
10/21/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Castroy
It might be good if it straight up gave a 2nd Flamestrike

With this we could use it on 4-5 mobs rather than 9....

Which would be helpful for trash packs... but that's about it
It's still fine, and it's nice to see the 10+ mob meme still alive and well. Keep doing bad DPS guys!
10/24/2016 01:02 PMPosted by Plastics
It's still fine, and it's nice to see the 10+ mob meme still alive and well. Keep doing bad DPS guys!

Look we know Flamestrike is a DPS gain on 4+ targets. Aftershocks is just an extremely....whelming gold trait esp when compared to Phoenix Reborn and Pyretic Incantation
10/24/2016 01:20 PMPosted by Castroy
10/24/2016 01:02 PMPosted by Plastics

Look we know Flamestrike is a DPS gain on 4+ targets. Aftershocks is just an extremely....whelming gold trait esp when compared to Phoenix Reborn and Pyretic Incantation

Except it's a bigger gain than PR on AoE.
10/24/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Plastics
10/24/2016 01:20 PMPosted by Castroy

Except it's a bigger gain than PR on AoE.

Obviously. I don't feel it is near as big a gain for AoE as PR is for single target. And PR does help with AoE too. Maybe when I fill out my artifact I might change my mind
Just wait until you get World of flames in the pvp talents. Then you get to wreck people with 45k of fire fury!!!

I was smiling when I started typing , I am sad now that i finished.