Mythic dungeon attunement hard? Seriously??

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
10/29/2016 12:21 PMPosted by Crepe
Instead of berating people, engage them.

Talking down at people doesn't encourage them to do what you wish them to. It makes them dig their heels in.

Run some groups for people who aren't at faceroll level. Be a part of the solution instead of sitting on the sidelines screaming from the other side of the line.

Despite the insistence in grouping everyone under a single column and attempting to dismiss them, there are a number of things about Karazhan people are unhappy with. The complaints aren't all the same. Nor are the solutions to the problems all "make your own group."

I will say that if very few people actually use Karazhan? It's less likely they'll develop content similar to it in the future. If this is content you enjoy, you're better off with more people doing it than less.

The people who arent running Kara, are choosing not to do that. Lets be honest - the attunement takes 2 hours

LIE - if you haven't run mythics before it will.

making your own group takes two seconds

LIE

you don't need high item level for those mythics.

LIE - Lots of players who have seriously been doing heroic dungeons and world quests do not have an ilvl over 850. Not high enough.

What's your problem? If you are like this to people you meet in real life you must not have any real friends.
10/29/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Soulofursoc
LIE - Lots of players who have seriously been doing heroic dungeons and world quests do not have an ilvl over 850. Not high enough.

How is this a lie ? I started doing mythics long before I went over 850 iLevel (heck when I first got my cloak it only put me to 849). Mythics DO NOT require 850+
10/29/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Somalion
10/29/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Soulofursoc

How is this a lie ? I started doing mythics long before I went over 850 iLevel (heck when I first got my cloak it only put me to 849). Mythics DO NOT require 850+

You can start doing Mythic +0 at ilvl 830. Considering the drops in the dungeon are scaled to 840 at that level. I started doing mythics around 830-835 and with maybe one piece from Emerald Nightmare.

I have invited a number of ~830 ilvl people in to my groups from time to time. They were able to pull their weight for what the dungeon at the level required.
10/29/2016 02:35 PMPosted by Araawar
10/29/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Somalion

You can start doing Mythic +0 at ilvl 830. Considering the drops in the dungeon are scaled to 840 at that level. I started doing mythics around 830-835 and with maybe one piece from Emerald Nightmare.

I have invited a number of ~830 ilvl people in to my groups from time to time. They were able to pull their weight for what the dungeon at the level required.

Ya I waited until I was 840 being a tank and all and have yet to do EN lol
I don't mind doing the attunement quests don't get me wrong, but after having like 15 alts I have to do it on, its kinda gets a little dry. I'd like it if they applied it account wide for the intro quest skips after like three toons.
10/29/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Çhadrick
I don't mind doing the attunement quests don't get me wrong, but after having like 15 alts I have to do it on, its kinda gets a little dry. I'd like it if they applied it account wide for the intro quest skips after like three toons.

Hey could be worse, could have been a long drug out quest chain like it was in The Boring Crusade where oh ya, you needed many many reps built up first to start it and oh ya you needed flying which was not cheap.
10/29/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Çhadrick

From what I've heard, the attunement itself is applied account-wide.
10/29/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Nyzer
10/29/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Kettilbjorn
I have played for 12 years - getting into groups has NEVER approached being as problematic as it has become in Legion

Bull.

Classic and TBC could take two hours to form groups since, if you weren't running premades, you had to pug using /1, /2, and /4.

Cataclysm infamously had DPS queues that could go upwards of one hour. Even after the introduction of Satchels, on rare occasion.

10/29/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Kettilbjorn
You are ignorant.

2 hours in Vanilla and TBC? For 40 mans, yes, not for 5 mans.

You can apply for hours on end in Legion and never get accepted - that's how bad it is. for 5 man content. Its ridiciulous.
10/29/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Kettilbjorn
2 hours in Vanilla and TBC? For 40 mans, yes, not for 5 mans.

Absolutely. Need a tank during off-hours? Good luck.

And that's not even factoring in the problems with class and spec balance back in those days.

I mean, you're making me doubt the idea that you even played during that time. Was the two hour assembly for dungeons the most common outcome? No. But it could, and did, happen.

On the other hand, all the complaints about hybrid classes who can't get into groups as DPS would go away, considering that hybrid spec DPS was either completely useless or only there for the buffs, depending on which one you refer to. So if you were dungeoneering, you weren't even playing those specs in the first place.

10/29/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Kettilbjorn
You can apply for hours on end in Legion and never get accepted - that's how bad it is. for 5 man content. Its ridiciulous.

Considering it's the equivalent of putting yourself in the old LFG and just passively sitting there for ages? Yeah, sounds about right.

In Legion, you can make your own group. You can find a tank/healer buddy. You can swap your spec on the fly to get into a group that needs one of the responsibility roles.

You're simply delusional if you think Legion's Mythic Dungeons are harder to get into than Classic/TBC ones.
OP is right.
The sheer fact that you can't queue to join a mythic dungeon scares off people. Mythic dungeons aren't very hard in Legion as long as you're at a minimum ilvl. The fact they're distinct from Heroic, you have to manually join a group, and there are more obvious restrictions is a psychological barrier to many.
However, this is a videogame. The point of videogames is to have challenges to overcome. Not everything should be just handed to people, and that includes access to mythic dungeons. If these people can't even attempt mythic dungeons, then why should they get the rewards from it? Why should blizzard remove rewards from more difficult content because people don't even want to attempt it?

There is literally nothing wrong with having content locked behind difficulty, especially when mythic's only issue is getting geared, for which Blizzard have supplied even more solutions to than ever before.
10/29/2016 11:21 AMPosted by Somalion
Took me less than 2 hours to complete it from beginning to end and I'm fairly casual.

Either a) be a tank or a healer or b) make friends (I know it's a social game why would you need to play with others ???) with a tank or a healer and queue with them by starting a group for the mythics.

Stupid advice... or how about just make the stuff queueable.

Gating a whole patch worth of content behind elitist jerks is stupid.. they deserve to lose all the casual players.
Did all 4 mythics today as an 845 enhance shaman. The secret? Create your own groups.
Put in there clearly you aren't doing Mythic + and that you're doing the kara attune.

Took me about 3 hours for all 4.

There's no reason the attunement can't be done. If you're sick of trying to join groups to just be declined, just make your own, you control the outcome at that point.
10/29/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Valdarn
TLDR : Mythic dungeons are an absolute faceroll, the xpac has been out for 2 months, there is no reason to be under 850 ilvl with the current welfare gearing system of getting 870 titanforged gear from world quests, some things in this game should remain difficult, and you shouldnt be able to just faceroll watered down versions of content the first day of the patch.

The problem isn't Mythics being difficult.

They aren't.

The problem is that with the removal of valor and M+, the people using the LFD tool to group for Mythics is a lot smaller and diffused than it used to be. At certain timezones it's almost approaching the 'spam /1 LF heals' situation that the RDF was initially introduced to deal with.

At the start of the expansion I was completely against the idea, but as things go on I'm at the point where I'm for just putting Mythic1 into the damn RDF tool.
10/29/2016 06:57 PMPosted by Daefish
There's no reason the attunement can't be done. If you're sick of trying to join groups to just be declined, just make your own, you control the outcome at that point.

A few nights ago I tried to set up a Mythic for a quest I needed, on a healing alt no less. Unfortunately it was offpeak and I play on Oceanic. I sat with 3 dps rotating in and out waiting for a tank for nearly 30 minutes.

Now imagine this 6 months from now, where barely anyone is doing this.
10/29/2016 07:02 PMPosted by Lóst
10/29/2016 06:57 PMPosted by Daefish

A few nights ago I tried to set up a Mythic for a quest I needed, on a healing alt no less. Unfortunately it was offpeak and I play on Oceanic. I sat with 3 dps rotating in and out waiting for a tank for nearly 30 minutes.

Ahh, can't help you there :( If Blizz wanted to add Mythic to random dungeon queues i'd be fine with that, just means more dungeons for me. Sadly though making your own group can't help with the dearth of tanks.
Also - kind of funny that people can get attuned to Kara all they want, most likely they won't get into a Pre-made group for it if they aren't 855+ iLVL. The elitism is even stronger in the Kara queues than it is for Mythic queues.
My issue isn't the easy quest to unlock Karazhan, but how frustrating the dungeon itself is to run. Running dungeons at Mythic dungeon difficulty is fun; running dungeons at mythic raid difficulty? Not so much.
10/29/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Valdarn
Exactly my point. If you're finding mythic dungeons to be difficult, the problem is you. The only time a mythic dungeon is hard is when you start doing keystones around +5 and up - even +2, +3, and +4 mythics are faceroll

Lmao this is an ever changing argument
later you will hear folks saying +8 is faceroll, +12 is hard

If i tell you there were players last expansion who couldn't pass silver PG you would call me a liar, hahaha

This is why you don't *generalize a community
10/29/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Blimpo
10/29/2016 11:21 AMPosted by Somalion
Took me less than 2 hours to complete it from beginning to end and I'm fairly casual.

Either a) be a tank or a healer or b) make friends (I know it's a social game why would you need to play with others ???) with a tank or a healer and queue with them by starting a group for the mythics.

Stupid advice... or how about just make the stuff queueable.

Gating a whole patch worth of content behind elitist jerks is stupid.. they deserve to lose all the casual players.

I'll thank you not to sling derogatory terms instead of real arguments, thank you. The opposite of "Elitist Jerk", as you say, isn't casual. I know casual players who LOVED getting attuned again. They did the four instances with no problems, only able to play 1-2 hours a day, and we're going to clear Karazhan as a group. Can I ask you, how you consider that "Elitist"? If not, you're just slinging insults while you throw your tantrum.
10/29/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Raampa
I just don't like the LFG tool. It breeds elitism and exclusionary attitudes. It's cancer. I will only do mythics if they ever get into the LFD tool.
Spoken like someone who's never even tried it. Sure, some groups are elitist. Tbh though, most are not.