Sylvanas' Line of Succession

Story Forum
So I've been wondering, Lets say Sylvanas dies this expac, Ignoring who would take up the mantle of Warchief because that doesn't matter. Who would be poised to take her place as leader of the Forsaken?
I'd say Nathanos if I wasn't so sure that he'd die before allowing Sylvanas to.
This would be an easier question if there were any Forsaken characters that were actually fleshed out.

I've been playing the Horde for years and the only ones I can remember off the top of my head are Lindon and Mortuus.

Nathanos doesn't really seem like the leader type though. Don't get me wrong, he's a cool guy and an asset, but I wouldn't put him in charge.
10/15/2016 08:36 AMPosted by Khedja
So I've been wondering, Lets say Sylvanas dies this expac, Ignoring who would take up the mantle of Warchief because that doesn't matter. Who would be poised to take her place as leader of the Forsaken?
I'd say Nathanos if I wasn't so sure that he'd die before allowing Sylvanas to.
They'll probably remain leaderless. It didn't stop Blizzard from giving that backhand to the Darkspear. That and, you know. We're not allowed to have characters developed.

In any event though, potentially Nathanos. He's had more development during Legion's launch than Rokhan had in all of WoW.
Lydon reported directly to Garrosh when Sylvanas was busy diving off of ICC.
No one.

The Forsaken as an organization is built entirely around Sylvanas, take her away and the whole things goes crumbling down.

Now after it falls apart someone could show up and put it back together, but what you would have would be very different from the forsaken as the are now.
Lydon would be in charge, most likely, as he's held the reigns while Sylvanas is away in the past.

But, more likely, they'll just remain leaderless, because the Horde can't have actual racial leaders.
It could just be that they form a 'council' of some kind made out of the most capable from various sectors, such as the guy in charge of the whole alchemy/plague !@#$ with abominations and the like, the guy in charge of more direct military matters/guard and so on
10/15/2016 10:36 AMPosted by Waluthelia
Lydon would be in charge, most likely, as he's held the reigns while Sylvanas is away in the past.

But, more likely, they'll just remain leaderless, because the Horde can't have actual racial leaders.

I feel like it would become a council of sorts.
Nathanos would cover the military.
Lydon is an apothecary yes? He'd probably be in charge of the r & d
After the defense of Hillsbrad I think Helcular would be a good face of the Forsaken.

My two cents
i am sure blizzard won't kill off yet another horde leader
I'm starting to lose hope on that front, sadly.

It's also worth noting that the Horde now only has one leader with an actual unique model, being obviously Sylvanas. Gallywix, Lor'themar, Baine, Ji and Saurfang all have generic models, and the Troll leader is just a blank space.

Meanwhile Anduin, Genn, Tyrande, Malfurion, Velen...
10/15/2016 10:17 AMPosted by Phlynch
No one.

The Forsaken as an organization is built entirely around Sylvanas, take her away and the whole things goes crumbling down.

Now after it falls apart someone could show up and put it back together, but what you would have would be very different from the forsaken as the are now.

Interestingly enough, I disagree... kinda.

Depending on how Blizzard were to handle Sylvanas's hypothetical demise, Forsaken society could go on without skipping a beat. The cult of personality surrounding her could very well remain unchanged, should she die (I mean, permanently) in such a way as to make her a martyr for the Forsaken.

Say she makes some kind of heroic sacrifice to save the entire Forsaken force against the Legion, or as part of her hitherto unknown bargain with Helya, or to somehow free the Val'kyr, or what have you, her death could easily be an apotheosis in the eyes of the Forsaken.

The chain of command would remain effectively unchanged, while lines such as "Victory for Sylvanas" or "Dark Lady watch over you" would become even more meaningful as rallying cries.
10/15/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Kellick
Depending on how Blizzard were to handle Sylvanas's hypothetical demise

Exactly this. The Forsaken could continue forward similar to as they are now if the way she dies allows it, which is what I would prefer in a scenario where Sylvanas dies.

The fact that they gave Nathanos a new model gives me an idea that they want him to be a more centralized character, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being the leader of the forsaken. He is pretty much what they have for nobility since Legion and "class fantasy" has given over all the death knights in the story to the ebon blade for now.
10/15/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Akule
10/15/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Kellick
Depending on how Blizzard were to handle Sylvanas's hypothetical demise

Exactly this. The Forsaken could continue forward similar to as they are now if the way she dies allows it, which is what I would prefer in a scenario where Sylvanas dies.

The fact that they gave Nathanos a new model gives me an idea that they want him to be a more centralized character, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being the leader of the forsaken. He is pretty much what they have for nobility since Legion and "class fantasy" has given over all the death knights in the story to the ebon blade for now.

Considering that the guards in Dalaran are Forsaken and Worgen, the two factions that are currently 'at war' sorta kinda. I'm pretty paranoid about one of the two perhaps making a move there, or simply the two coming to blows some other way. I wouldn't doubt Nathanos would be there at that moment
Well no ... I doubt Sylvanas will perma-die. She will die, but only so she is forced to lose 3 of her remaining 4 Val'kyr. Sort of a means to put her in an even more desperate situation having to rely on only 1.