Why would we want to see Weird Al?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
His shows are amazing. You might find yourself surprised.
I love Weird Al. The man makes some great parodies.
Would be amazing if Weird Al made a parody song especially for WoW.

Not likely to happen, but still.. would be awesome.
Weird Al is definitely a weird choice.

I remember Amish Paradise from back in the day, but that's not something that I'd particularly like to see or hear. I'd rather listen to real music, ya know?

Not hating on the guy, I enjoyed his stuff as a kid, but parody music isn't interesting once you are over the age of fourteen.
Sorry OP, but nice try. Weird Al has been relevant since the 80s. He's a fantastic choice for blizzcon, and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Weird Al is love.
Weird Al is life.

Gives a reason to pay for the ticket now.
He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life.
10/27/2016 06:04 PMPosted by Madcowkillar
i cant imagine this is going to be anything but utterly disappointing. so glad i didnt plan to spend hundreds of dollars going this year. its just a terrible idea. weird al isnt even funny anymore. whos next?....... i was going to put another terrible example of a perosn who hasnt been relevant or entertaining in 20+ years but honestly i cant think of anyone as bad as weird al...... bring on the downvotes from 10 years olds.....

You are in the right guild at least.

If you ever leave that one, you'll probably join <Cynical Edgelords>
10/27/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Discordian
Plot Twist: OP is actually Weird Al's WoW character.

An Illusion!
Wow, I'm actually really surprised that people are looking forward to Weird Al. I mean, I remember listening to him when I was a kid in the 80's and thinking he was funny. But ... like ... a whole concert of Weird Al now, in 2016? Really?

I'm still scratching my head.
If you dare to hate Weird Al, you dare to be stupid.
This might have been a good troll a few years ago, but Mandatory Fun was so well received it was like his career started anew.
It doesn't really matter what you as an individual want. It's Blizzards event, and Blizzard wants him. You pay to have the privilege to attend. If you don't want to attend, then don't pay. Simple as that. It's not all about you, you sweet little snowflake.

Praise Weird Al
I like how every post on the first page of thread with a different opinion than the op has exactly one dislike.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
10/27/2016 06:27 PMPosted by Berronax
Would be amazing if Weird Al made a parody song especially for WoW.

Not likely to happen, but still.. would be awesome.
You never know,he did one for Pokemon so it's a possibility.
i cant imagine this is going to be anything but utterly disappointing. so glad i didnt plan to spend hundreds of dollars going this year. its just a terrible idea. weird al isnt even funny anymore. whos next?....... i was going to put another terrible example of a perosn who hasnt been relevant or entertaining in 20+ years but honestly i cant think of anyone as bad as weird al...... bring on the downvotes from 10 years olds.....

you think every group they brought up was popular with everyone? interesting...
WTB [Weird Al cover of Rogues do it from Behind], heavy on the accordion.
so glad i didnt plan to spend hundreds of dollars going this year.

So.... then why are you bashing the whole event like you are planning on going?
I have been to half a dozen Weird Al Concerts. Each one is insanely entertaining. I am willing to bet there are more fans of Weird Al songs playing that any other band you could get to play there.
Weird Al is literally the best act that Blizzard has brought to Blizzcon. They should have gotten him years ago.