Elementals just want dialogue, part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 28 29 30 94 Next
Havoc and Outlaw both got "we're looking into it" posts.

Can we get something, anything. Even "we believe Elemental is currently tuned appropriately".
As glad as I am that we got an extension on this thread, I'm amazed we still haven't gotten any direct words. That's...disheartening? Worrying? I don't know. Either way, thank you to whoever extended it.

We've capped more than 1 thread, though. I think the total would be at 4 now? Since legion started anyway. Probably more that I missed. So it's not even just one thread, and now this one. More than two, with one "I'll pass it along." It's insane.

Gonna copy paste some of the feedback I put in older threads. It's not much, but I figure why not.

Having one stun that has to be timed JUST RIGHT and one knockback with no stunbreaks and both on a long cooldown makes it really hard to do a lot of things. (Mostly PvP, but hey.)

This is something the other shaman specs struggle with a bit too; they don't even have the knockback. I wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines being added, since PvP is kind of just a stunfest for everyone. (Not just shamans, but that's a different issue entirely)

The common problems I see listed come down to low mobility, and having ALL of our skills centered around elemental fury/procs/overloads/LOOOONG cooldowns. If we don't get lucky with those, we have no damage...and when we do, we do about as much damage as most classes do with their auto attack. It's really a shame, because I love the way ele plays and I love being ranged, but it feels like a struggle to do ANYTHING as ele.

I'd say more, but I mean...it's already been said. There's a bunch of ways they could change things, as long as they pick one I'm happy even if it's not the best.
Fool me 13 or more times, shame on me.
Still nothing ?
10/21/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Sneekyturtle
Still nothing ?

Relax, deep breath, stay calm and don't lose your cool.

Trust me I am right there with you but the hyper poke won't make it happen sooner if at all.

:D
Still nothing. Am I surprised? Hardly.
10/21/2016 02:52 PMPosted by Sonnet
10/21/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Sneekyturtle
Still nothing ?

Relax, deep breath, stay calm and don't lose your cool.

Trust me I am right there with you but the hyper poke won't make it happen sooner if at all.

:D

... Or WILL it! No... no it won't. Lol

Maybe we should use our fire Eles to power ovens and bake some cookies for Blizz. Maybe some pizzas? If coffeebird was still with us, I would offer coffee too...
I'd be happy if we even had a 32.3333 (repeating of course) % chance to get a response.
-please stop saying Fire ele is too much of our damage! that will just invite a nerf. If you like you can do a self- nerf by picking some talent other than PE. Besides PE is not the best one for all situations
Rolled a mage and gave up. I suggest many do the same. I can say without a doubt you can pick fire,frost or arcane and do better dps than elemental come 7.1... Just do it you wont be sorry.
There's loads of feedback in these threads about our major issues, so I'm going to try to add something different.

1. I don't understand the fantasy of Earth Shock as a finisher
I get that it's a holdover from lightning shield + fulmination, but in its current form it makes no sense. If our resource is "Maelstrom," I feel like our finisher should be something stormy like a lightning blast.

2. Maelstrom is a binary resource
Maelstrom technically goes from 0 to 100, but in reality I only ever have two amount of Maelstrom: Enough for Earth Shock, or Not Enough for Earth Shock. I almost never care about how much Maelstrom I spend on Flame Shock, I'm either spamming it on AOE packs for 0 or refreshing it while I'm building for Earthshock. I think Maelstrom should charge faster and just increase the effects of Shock spells by 0-100%, based on Maelstrom spent.

3. Earthquake Totem is less functional than Earthquake
I never got pathing errors with the old Earthquake, is Earthquake Totem Heroic Leaping out of my body? It should just be reverted to the older version.
Oh man, I came back to 12 more pages of only community comments. Saw the extension, got my hopes up.
10/21/2016 03:15 PMPosted by Raamas
-please stop saying Fire ele is too much of our damage! that will just invite a nerf. If you like you can do a self- nerf by picking some talent other than PE. Besides PE is not the best one for all situations

It's not so much that it does a lot of our damage, it just feels like it does. It depends largely on the length of the fight. I've been looking at my meters across several areas of content, and I notice that it does a sizable chunk of my damage in 5 man content where bosses don't last long for our total dps to start dropping off.

Once a fight goes longer than that one minute, our damage begins to taper off. I forget what fights they were at this point, but quite a few of my raid encounters, it had only done 15 to 20% of my overall damage, with Lightning Bolt being one of my highest, if not the highest spell on most of the EN fights I've done.
4 days til sub lapse.
While it's not the response we're all holding our breaths for, I do greatly appreciate the thread extension. It's courteous and kind, so thank you.
I feel your pain Ele shams.

<3

Hope y'all get some love. I miss seeing ele shams rolling around.
Keep it up with the feedback!
Guys, upvote the elemental shaman questions for Q&A in:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749667310?page=1
Another sad tea break at no response