Elementals just want dialogue, part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 34 35 36 94 Next
To people wondering why our artifact is so bad, remember this: they nerfed us in beta. Power of the Maelstrom had a proc chance nerf. A good start is removing that nerf.
I like the idea of adding a damage component to SK.
#mayberememberedshaman
This needs to stay on the front page so it is not forgotten again
I wonder what they'll say
10/22/2016 12:01 AMPosted by Mungoh
10/21/2016 11:04 PMPosted by Khuldur
Totem mastery is a clear winner in just about any situation you can think of

No it isn't.

Earthen Rage is competitive, especially for movement heavy fights.

I was /just/ testing this out earlier in the order hall.

5 minute runs on the dummy, and they were within 5k-10k dps of each other. And this is standing still the entire time, running lightning rod.

Now pretend you have to move.

Good point, but TM doesn't hinder your mobility, given its range (unless it's a fight like spiderbirdchick. Earthen is also, again, subject to RNG, and probably a loss on add-heavy fights.
10/22/2016 04:20 AMPosted by Beatusnox
Throwing this out there. The last thread we had with a blue post was the same answer, with no followup so I'm optimistic, but doubtful we will actually get real discourse and information.

They also didn't boost the cap and it died off on the second part...
Having both Flame and Earth shock benefit from mastery OR have their damage increased by 1% per mastery point would be nice too
Giving something not RNG based to mastery would make me very happy.
10/22/2016 04:38 AMPosted by Tuskini
To people wondering why our artifact is so bad, remember this: they nerfed us in beta. Power of the Maelstrom had a proc chance nerf. A good start is removing that nerf.

I wonder were we would be if reverting the PotM nerf and the LB and ES nerfs. Maybe someone should adjust the spells in SimC and see. I would be curious were we land, and furious if we were just solid middle upper middle pack.
Mastery also increases crit strike damage of overload procs by an amount equal to % of mastery?
10/22/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Azumaa
Mastery also increases crit strike damage of overload procs by an amount equal to % of mastery?

No.

Somthing flat and non-rng is better.
Mastery also increases the amount of maelstrom generated by overload abilities and proc by a % equal to your amount of mastery?
Gives rng and stable increase, and at the highest the rng is factored out when you proc more than not.
For me if LB was castable on the move with a dmg buff I'd be happy. I don't understand why they make the game more mobile PvP and PvE wise, yet, make certain caster so stationary. Are they trying to make the game unfun for these classes. While Fire mage can literally cast everything instant.
I would love for Elemental Blast to be a base spell that functions as our true finisher and Earth Shock as a Maelstrom dump when Elemental Blast is on cooldown.

In addition to Mastery's effects now it also should increase the damage of Maelstrom spenders by a percent (Flame Shock, Ice Shock, Earth Shock, Elemental Blast if made a MS spender)
10/22/2016 08:35 AMPosted by Zulgrom
I would love for Elemental Blast to be a base spell that functions as our true finisher and Earth Shock as a Maelstrom dump when Elemental Blast is on cooldown.

In addition to Mastery's effects now it also should increase the damage of Maelstrom spenders by a percent (Flame Shock, Ice Shock, Earth Shock, Elemental Blast if made a MS spender)

That is a good idea, similar to a few other specs' masteries in that spenders get a flat damage %.

That would be a viable method of boosting ele without changing the gameplay too much..... would even work on aoe too with EQ.

I like the idea, simple yet effective, and would help mastery stop sucking as a stat.
Keep up the conversation guys/girls! Even if we don't have any changes tuesday we'll still have a chance for something come Blizzcon. Stay on them and stay humble. We're as good a community as any other spec and possibly even better. See everyone monday :)
10/21/2016 07:48 PMPosted by Raampa
10/21/2016 07:17 PMPosted by Gargonne

Ornyx no offense but u said the same thing 2 1/2 weeks ago.
Almost word for word. When I saw it I had deja vu and was thinking this was that same thread since the wording is damn near identical. Not encouraging.

Probable a copy and paste too. Keep the thread up until we see change
Try to maintain a positive attitude, and keep the posts coming!
I've been playing elemental shaman since BC, altho i had multiple max lvl toons on every expac (had ALL classes at max lvl for MoP and WoD) I still continued on as elemental shaman with the hope that it would get better, i don't post much on the forums but once or twice i made a thread to show what seems unfair/wrong with the spec like when the lava surge proc was wasted if you were already casting the skill while the moonkins at the time had the same mechanic and they could finish the cast and do the instant proc (it got fixed few months after in a patch, took way too long to fix something that should be that way from the start imo).

The thing is, I used to like raiding, used to lead a raid group in heroics and was always out-dps-ed by people with less gear and really, less skill than me, i would sit myself out for some fights when we were trying to progress for single target heavy fights or i would still go cuz i was the shot-caller but my performance would feel !@#$ty.

After around 8 years playing elemental and hopping the spec to be somewhat decent, competitive and hearing things like "oh, but you can heal! so pure dps should be better!" and "your damage is fine! look, you can outdps the tank, thats something already!" I finally gave up on the spec and went enhance.

I'm sorry to say but if you want to be viable this expac, thats the way to go, now i finish the fights top 3 on damage, have good single target, somewhat decent cleave in 3-4 mobs and i even compete with some fire mages (run with 5 on my group). Been playing enhance so i don't have to roll over to another class and have to grind the rep / transmogs all over again and i have to say, for the first time in years i'm enjoying raiding once again, i'm still the shot-caller and i can perform well enough, bring good damage and really, just enjoy the game.

Its kinda sad to say this, but for quite some time there was a "saying" that was pretty much true, wanna be competitve as a shaman? Go resto or Go Home. Luckly for me, enhance is actually pretty good so i didn't had to go to another class for this expac, but its kinda sad to see that dispite the %^-*ton amount of feedback and outcry the elemental shamans give, it wont be heard, maybe they change one or two things in 2-3 patchs near the end of the expac, cuz you know, they can't do massive changes when the expansion goes lives or buff one spec too much so people who don't play that spec will feel like theyr artifact power were spent on the wrong weapon (cuz really, how hard it is to have an NPC to transfer your AP from one weapon to another at the cost of one lvl, pretty much like it is to respec ur current weapon?).

TL;DR. Sad to say but they wont listen to ur feedback, since alpha/beta there already had a !@#$-ton of people QQing and doing constructive posts to try to make the spec better, they didn't listen then, they wont listen now. Good shamans, theorycrafter shamans already gave up and rerolled mage, if you don't want to reroll another classe, maybe try out enhance, despite being melee (not big fan of melee) its doing pretty good right now, on raids and even mythic +. Been where u are, and i feel your pain, but at least for me I wasted enough time feeling like trash and being out-dpsed by people who were "bad" at the game but with a better class.