Elementals just want dialogue, part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 50 51 52 94 Next
10/25/2016 12:11 PMPosted by Raampa
10/25/2016 11:45 AMPosted by Tuskini
I dunno guys, im suped to get home from work. An earth shock buff is exactly what i have been asking for. 15% should have realistically been 50%, but whatever.

Already got my napkin math ready. My earth shock with no buffs sits at 300k. 15% buff is 345k. Crit for 750k gets buffed to 862.5k

I dont even have points in the +earth shock artifact points yet. Havent done napkin math on that yet but who cares, we got SOMETHING. We can continue to push for more.

Let us discuss what the next buff should be.
You are trying way too hard to be positive about this. And we have given many pages on what should be the next buff. Blizzard isn't listening.

I would 100% say they're listening. It's a lack of action or communication. That's a bigger issue, honestly.

What I will say, is the way changes are done, and the changes we got for 7.1 don't line up. Those are more likely to be based off the LAST blue post from the old topic, not this one. They always test changes internally before PTR/live. Sadly, this was a hotfix level change that got stick to the tail of the patch...

I will remain positive about this until BlizzCon, personally. We have some Ele Sham players going to BlizzCon, we have *MANY* super high rated questions in the Q&A post. We won't let that weekend past without something. Myself, I plan to send at least one Tweet to the between panel interviews while watching the V-Ticket. :)
So, anyone thrilled yet?
10/25/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Hizeye
So, anyone thrilled yet?

That would imply there's something to be thrilled about :o
10/25/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Hizeye
So, anyone thrilled yet?

Yeah, I'm ecstatic. /s
I am not a negative person. You could say i dont fit into the shaman community because i dont cry and quit the game every time i dont get my way. You are damn right i am positive about these changes because it is EXACTLY what i have been asking for. I am going to go raid tonight, make logs and bring real data on the changes.

More napkin math. Looks like my earth shock is going to end up at 384.4k with both the buff and 12% from the artifact, even though i dont have that 12%. That would crit for 961k.

At 869 ilvl i will be able to get more gear soon and push that number even higher. That means it is now possible for us to break a 1 million crit on an earth shock. I am liking this on paper so far.
10/25/2016 01:00 PMPosted by Tuskini
I am not a negative person. You could say i dont fit into the shaman community because i dont cry and quit the game every time i dont get my way. You are damn right i am positive about these changes because it is EXACTLY what i have been asking for. I am going to go raid tonight, make logs and bring real data on the changes.

More napkin math. Looks like my earth shock is going to end up at 384.4k with both the buff and 12% from the artifact, even though i dont have that 12%. That would crit for 961k.

At 869 ilvl i will be able to get more gear soon and push that number even higher. That means it is now possible for us to break a 1 million crit on an earth shock. I am liking this on paper so far.

I love that we can crit for 1m+ sooner, it's nice! ... Until you see other classes critting or even HITTING for one million on other abilities. Just kinda sad we're only getting there at that ilvl post buff.

What I AM happy about, it we did get something! We got our wet noodle dried off, a little. It helps. Baby steps, boys! We'll be competitive by 7.4!
Is Lava Burst even worth casting now unless its an instant proc? My lightning bolts and chain lightning are criting for higher damage
#forgottenshaman
So I guess stealth nerfs to other classes that were doing better was "Blizz's" way of trying to make ELE more competitive? THIS was not what we wanted..
I feel like the scrawny guy at the gym...

Oh and still love being removed from groups or denied when I say I'm ele.
Thats the problem.
10/25/2016 02:39 PMPosted by Drauglar
So I guess stealth nerfs to other classes that were doing better was "Blizz's" way of trying to make ELE more competitive? THIS was not what we wanted..

Nah I'll take it.
10/25/2016 03:08 PMPosted by Lesali
10/25/2016 02:39 PMPosted by Drauglar

Nah I'll take it.

You don't want everyone else nerfed to be competitive. =|
Bumping for reasons
Logged in and then logged off to log on my mage for the rest of the xpack. what was that "bring the player not the class". core values "listen to your players" what happen to that.
Gotta say, the QoL changes to EQ and feel really great. The spec feels so good right now. But the single target dps increase is still a bit lacking it looks like, a hotfix to give at least a few % more would be much appreciated and we'd be peachy.
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and hope that the way we've been buffed (or lack thereof) is because we'll scale better come Nighthold.
10/25/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Galkresh
10/25/2016 03:08 PMPosted by Lesali

Nah I'll take it.

You don't want everyone else nerfed to be competitive. =|

I mean I didn't ask for it, but, whatever gets us there
Bump
Bumpin
The buffs fall more on the line of PvP considering these changes help elemental with burst issues we have had before the patch, but in no way does a 1-2% damage buff help my fellow elegiggles in PvE. I'm content as far as we are in PvP but more changes are needed to help the spec run smoothly in the defensive department. Suggestions on maintainable damage will still be very welcomed in the thread and who know's. Maybe a dev will hear it.