Elementals just want dialogue, part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 94 Next
10/20/2016 02:26 PMPosted by Applefriter
I would settle for just moving damage from Fire elemental into our spells. Not even a huge buff just allowing our sustain to be better.

My only problem with this being our overall damage done would still be lower, wouldn't it? I mean, rolling damage from one place to another wouldn't increase the damage we do overall, but reallocate it.

I do agree that we're far too burst dependent, though.
Not leaving the front page till a reply.
#forgottenshaman
b
10/20/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Galkresh
I would settle for just moving damage from Fire elemental into our spells. Not even a huge buff just allowing our sustain to be better.

My only problem with this being our overall damage done would still be lower, wouldn't it? I mean, rolling damage from one place to another wouldn't increase the damage we do overall, but reallocate it.

Not necessarily since the damage from FE changes based on fight length. So say dungeons your dps is great cause the boss dies quickly. Where as raids it takes longer and unless it's super long you may not get another FE after the first. Or if you hold it till a burn phase then you only get one FE per fight.

Giving some damage from PE would even out those moments and allow us to be good in all content not just ones that fit a good time for us.
Same keeping this open till i fall alseep.
Five days until 7.1, I hope Blizz gives us a response. Even if a blue can pass on how pissed we are would be something.
If we could just cast lightening bolt while moving I would be so happy. That was something that was unique and cool about shamans. Was it destro locks incinerate that could as well? Casting while moving feels wrong in the best of ways. It's like a guilty pleasure and something that I really miss. When I turret mode and stay put I feel fine. I can hang middle of the pack. As soon as I have to do any mechanic or fire ele runs out my damage drops, like hard.

World content doesn't feel great either. It's so much easier to switch to enh for questing. I can pull massive groups and nuke them down while topping myself off with instant healing surges. Maelstrom generation is controllable and plentiful. I feel squishy and underwhelming as ele. I have to hard cast heals while my enh spec I can instant heal for the same amount.

I won't comment on the other things people have said since I agree and doesn't need to be repeated. Just my 2 cents.
Why is this allowed to stay in GD, while the demon hunter one was sent to our ghetto?
10/20/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Nofatchicks
Why is this allowed to stay in GD, while the demon hunter one was sent to our ghetto?

I don't main havoc, but judging by the logs posted on page 1 they appear to be in a decent spot.
10/20/2016 02:45 PMPosted by Nofatchicks

The whole point of this post is that we are getting ignored.. Weren't yall gonna get nerfs, but they got reverted? How is this remotely similar?
BLIZZARD PLZ.
how a class can be the bottom of the barrel in raids, with tons of data backing it up, and still ignored is beyond me. I really hope they have something planned and just arent saying something because the action will be their response....kinda doubt it though...they prob just think we are "secretly OP"
The whole idea behind mythic+ is to become competitively geared for raid encounters. So why would anyone think that you could just make us viable for mythic+ and leave out the ENTIRE reason for doing them in the first place... Maybe we're a launchpad spec for others, I help you through Mythic and you let me be carried through raid content.
Just got home from work, was hoping there would be some feedback by now. I think that's only fair at this point.
10/20/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Lithaem
10/20/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Keyiminn
We're the only ranged spec in our class. Druids have 4 specs of diff roles (considering melee vs. ranged), and all of them are solidly competitive. Shamans should be given the same treatment because it's unrealistic on numerous fronts to expect a ranged to go melee or vice versa.

This is the issue other ranged don't seem to understand. We can't always just switch to an OS and be ok. Yes, we have enhance.. But it's melee.. We're ranged..

I will fully agree, we SHOULD be able to swap as needed, in reality... That would need Blizz to break Mastery for Enh (Please no) or to fix Master for Ele (Please yes.).
10/20/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Risnik
Just got home from work, was hoping there would be some feedback by now. I think that's only fair at this point.

I was also sorely disappointed in this. I mean, it's almost the end of the work day for them also. =|
They're really just going to freaking ignore this huh? This is pretty insane.
From Twitter, 2 days ago:

@WarcraftDevs Should we expect to see as broad of a tuning pass with the 7.1 release that we did after raids in 7.0?
Most likely not, as there are far fewer changes in 7.1 than were in 7.0. However, we will make adjustments for any outliers that crop up.

Maybe just maybe they are waiting for live 7.1 data before they touch us.

If they don't consider us an outlier by the time 7.1 is out and they have data then I will be speechless, and that will pretty much solidify in my mind that they really don't think we deserve any form of buffage and that we should reroll or unsub.
10/20/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Galkresh

Right but now you're constantly doing that damage versus 1 minute out of 3-4
#forgottenshaman