Huge loading screen wait time as of 7.1

Technical Support
Prev 1 155 156 157 189 Next
Reinstalled WoW, wrote into Config.WTF
SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"
Dalaran loaded in 20 seconds, down from 3-5 minutes, now to hope it stays like that forever.
12/16/2016 05:15 PMPosted by Andreakoss
Reinstalled WoW, applied SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0" to config WTF, Dalaran loaded in 20 seconds, down from 3-5 minutes, now to hope it stays like that forever.

Never saw this fix before, going to try it and see if it helps.
Nothing has worked for me. The only thing I can do is play toons before legion and soon that will get old. We all pay to play the full game and you tell me all that blizzard gets they can't perm fix this??
12/16/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Lisanne
12/16/2016 05:15 PMPosted by Andreakoss
Reinstalled WoW, applied SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0" to config WTF, Dalaran loaded in 20 seconds, down from 3-5 minutes, now to hope it stays like that forever.

12/13/2016 01:07 PMPosted by Zuvykree
Howdy!

Our developers have pushed a hot fix that is aimed to significantly alleviate long load times. Anyone still seeing long load times, we would like you to use the following cvar command:

Step 1) Goto the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” Save the document.

It's important that you restart the computer before retesting.

Note: Please be aware this command may cause a delay in loading of non critical environment textures and models.

Step 2) While we're hoping to avoid this step, at all costs. Our developers feel pretty strongly that with the hotfix and this command this issue should be greatly improved. At this point if the troubleshooting so far including step 1 has no impact on your load times. We would ask you to do a fresh reinstall of the client by following the steps [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstalling-games-with-the-battlenet-app"]Here[/url].

Thank you!

Page 151
12/16/2016 06:22 PMPosted by Darkynhalvos
12/16/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Lisanne

Howdy!

Our developers have pushed a hot fix that is aimed to significantly alleviate long load times. Anyone still seeing long load times, we would like you to use the following cvar command:

Step 1) Goto the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” Save the document.

Note: Please be aware this command may cause a delay in loading of non critical environment textures and models.

Step 2) While we're hoping to avoid this step, at all costs. Our developers feel pretty strongly that with the hotfix and this command this issue should be greatly improved. At this point if the troubleshooting so far including step 1 has no impact on your load times. We would ask you to do a fresh reinstall of the client by following the steps [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstalling-games-with-the-battlenet-app"]Here[/url].

Thank you!

Page 151

Thanks, i stopped following blue posts in this thread since most of them are "delete your cache" or "we are looking into it".

And it worked for me, at least for the first time - hopefully it won't go back to 10+ minutes loading screen again.
12/16/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Lisanne
12/16/2016 06:22 PMPosted by Darkynhalvos

Page 151

Thanks, i stopped following blue posts in this thread since most of them are "delete your cache" or "we are looking into it".

And it worked for me, at least for the first time - hopefully it won't go back to 10+ minutes loading screen again.

It's worked almost flawlessly for me 3 days running so far.
Tbh when i added that to the notepad i didnt have to reboot pc or reinstall game . I just rebooted wow itself n now i can load better still a lil hiccups here n there but at least i can play my other toons now n lvl alts .
Howdy!

Thank you!

I tried step 1 and it doesn't work on first boot but it seems to work on the second loading of the game.

Edit: You're not kidding about the delay in loading of certain models and textures though. I tried several characters and I find myself in a barren detail-less environment for a hot minute.

If it helps, this seems to be a Legion specific problem because we have another non-Legion account in the household that doesn't experience these long load times.
The config.wtf addition didn't work for me but I guess it's worth trying again, because it can't hurt any more than forcequitting if it doesn't ever work.
My loading screen would freeze whenever I was tabbed out looking at something on an internet window (firefox). If I didn't tab out and just stared at my loading screen bar I would never freeze.
12/16/2016 10:01 PMPosted by Zephei
My loading screen would freeze whenever I was tabbed out looking at something on an internet window (firefox). If I didn't tab out and just stared at my loading screen bar I would never freeze.

Ditto. I'd also made a habit (if I was tabbed out) to leave my mouse over the WoW taskbar button, which gives me a preview of my minimized window, and that would avoid a total freeze-up, but that only worked 9 times out of 10.

Since I added the "SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0”" line to my config file, i've been loading at the same speed as pre-7.1. However once the game is loaded a few certain things take longer to load with this WORKAROUND (sorry, it's not a permanent FIX Blizzard!); For Example.. if I login and go straight away to the barber shop, I won't be able to see any of the changes when scrolling through haircut styles, etc.. that'll take a few mins to load.. but hey, I prefer that than taking 2-3 mins per portal usage, which now takes 10 seconds (or 20-30 when porting to Dalaran).
The SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” worked for me.
Thanks to the guy that found that fix!
Blizz...give him a bonus payment!!!!
Now im not just dealing with long load times/freezing, but frequent DC's.

Sometimes I get DCed in the load screen, other times I can see my character before the drop.
Sooo....When is this hotfix coming out? I haven't seen any patches in the past few days since they mentioned they'd push a hotfix...
Just tried the config fix. Worked for now like a charm. Went to Dalaran in like, 10 seconds. Could've danced from how happy I got. Hopefully the fix will keep working (coughs at the cache fix), and for the people it didn't, hope you guys find something or that Blizz fix it for you too soon.
One Hundred Fifty Six pages of "Loading is slow" since 7.1, but actuality it's been since legion launched. All along we/and you send it will work it's way out.

Well it ain't, and all the bandages ain't going to fix it.

Try this try that, NO.... Fix it. I use the product you put out, I don't have or want to wait 2-5 minutes for initial screens to load, let alone zoning in to barren graphics or worse (and watched on girlfriends computer right next to me) zoning into the world just standing there while I wait for my screen to load....
12/16/2016 11:29 PMPosted by Senjairus
Sooo....When is this hotfix coming out? I haven't seen any patches in the past few days since they mentioned they'd push a hotfix...

I haven't noticed any download either. A hot fix is supposed to install itself the next time you log into bnet, if the fix was pushed out while you were in game.

But where is this elusive hot fix?
I love WOW. I have tried everything that the DEV's have said to try and still have the issue. Almost two full months after 7.1 dropped. I am done. I will take my business elsewhere. Cannot understand how/why this problem cannot be addressed as their #1 priority 50 + days after the patch that created it was installed. So my only recourse to an unplayable game is to hurt them the only way I can, take my money elsewhere. I have ended my subscription. Thanks for the memories Blizz.
12/17/2016 01:08 AMPosted by Khuram
12/16/2016 11:29 PMPosted by Senjairus

I haven't noticed any download either. A hot fix is supposed to install itself the next time you log into bnet, if the fix was pushed out while you were in game.

But where is this elusive hot fix?

Some hotfixes can be activated without logging out and restarting the game, this was likely one of those.
Howdy!

Thank you!

Well since doing this fix with the config file my game is running damn near perfect and has not giving me anymore problems.