Huge loading screen wait time as of 7.1

Technical Support
Prev 1 35 36 37 189 Next
Im so tired of this issue, since patch update, teleporting to dalaran takes 1:30 mins - 1:50 mins or even worse, somethings just freeze the game and have to atl+f4, and Its not only dalaran pretty much every other loading screen in the game takes more time which is really annoying.

And the funny thing is that for blizzard is a ''users pc problems''.
11/03/2016 02:56 PMPosted by Siddarta
Im so tired of this issue, since patch update, teleporting to dalaran takes 1:30 mins - 1:50 mins or even worse, somethings just freeze the game and have to atl+f4, and Its not only dalaran pretty much every other loading screen in the game takes more time which is really annoying.

There is a high likelihood 90% of it is user error/dated hardware. however there is merit in the fact that alot of people have suddenly began experiencing it.
11/03/2016 02:56 PMPosted by Siddarta

Yes, Blizzard always says that. But once again it is clear that THIS IS A BLIZZARD PROBLEM, because of two obvious facts:
1) Everyone and his uncle is having this problem, so it is not a matter of a specific locality, or ISP, or computer hardware, or game UI configuration. It's widespread and general, and the only common factor is WoW itself. Ergo, something about WoW itself is the source of the problem.

2) The current problem started abruptly with 7.1. We were all playing Legion fine before that. All that has changed is something involving the patch, therefore logic dictates that the source of the problem is the either patch or the patching process.

Logical conclusion: Blizzard, your patch, or patching process, is responsible for this loading problem. Please stop putting users through hoops trying useless remedies to this problem, and just fix it where it really is, at your end.

Look, Blizz, you are smart guys, and we know you figured this out at least as quickly as we did, especially since it has happened so often before. Please don't try to save face by pretending the problem is at our end -- that's just irritating. We can accept that things go wrong sometimes. The best way to keep everyone happy is just to acknowledge the problem and assure us that you are working to fix it.
Would be really nice to get an update on this from a blue post.
I'm having this same problem as well. Rediculous load time I have NVIDIA GTX980
I'm having the same problem as well its most notable loading Dalaran and or the boat/zep between stormwind and Darnassus or Undercity to Ogrimmar. Garrison is pretty bad as well it will last until the music ends then add another minute after and it loads its simply unbearable.

Also it seems wow gets irritated when i have the audacity to alt tab and start playing my own music or doing anything while alt tabbed waiting for it and will simply refuse to load even though windows says its running/responsive very annoying and like with everyone else never had an issue pre patch in fact the boat loading time was proably always one of the fastest loading long before i arrived now i'm lucky to get off the boat before i zone back to the othe location.
still having problems here... can't teleport anywhere in WoD zones.

i'd love to be able to play this game again

it always stops loading on the little nick in the loading bar
Been waiting and watching. I think its safe to assume this thread has been forgotten and there is no fix imminent since we cant get a courtesy post from a blue. Been playing 5+ years. Guess its time to cancel and find a new game.
Unable to log in anymore, huge load screen wait time followed by a crash/error (WOW51900319), with multiple attempts the past 2 hours. Not how I care to spend my day off. Going to cancel my subscription that is set to renew in a couple of days. No play = no pay. DXDIAG logs of mine have already been posted as well as any other relevant information.

Come on Blizz, seriously.
There is a high likelihood 90% of it is user error/dated hardware. however there is merit in the fact that alot of people have suddenly began experiencing it.[/quote]

My computer is less than a year old and had no trouble loading before 7.1 now its a crap shoot if I'll get hung and have force quit and when I don't it takes two to three times longer than it use to, so definitely something in the patch that broke it.
lmao, literally CAN NOT queue for pet battles in Dalaran because it drops you into a loading screen and the timer expires before it's actually done loading.

seriously fix this already
Don't you love seeing hotfixes with today's date and no fix on this issue? I can't wait till BlizzCon is over so they can fix this.
This is constantly happening on my account as well, a lot more frequently on my Warlock.
How long is "long?" Should I wait 10 minutes or more? This has been so frustrating. The game also seems unstable once I do occasionally get in. I've played WoW since the beginning, but it is currently unplayable for me. Sad.
Would be nice to be able to play instead of spending 5-10 minutes on every loading screen.
The same for me on my (1 year old) imac - Logged on fine, first zone in took about 5+ minutes, but got me into Dalaran. Once there I couldn't do much until the lag let up on me.

Went to zone into the my class hall and that was about another 5+ minutes. Did what I needed to there........ and just had to close the game out because it wouldn't load as I hearthed to Suramar after waiting about 20+ minutes.

/sigh
The reason WoD was such a failure to people was that there was basically no P2P interaction. Since patch 7.1 dropped, this expansion has become the same result for me.. as I no longer bother going into raids/dungeons because of the loading times.

9 years playing this game, I AM addicted with WoW, i'll admit it.. but i'm starting to consider giving it up and going back to playing exclusively console games if this isn't fixed by the end of the month.
Hey all,

I'm sorry for the lack of a reply. We are actually still investigating this issue. So far it's proving very difficult to reproduce the issue, so we're adding in some additional error reporting to the client which will allow us to get a better picture of what's happening during that "freeze" while loading.

We do want to say thank you all so far for the patience, myself or another forum member will get a reply up here the moment we have more information or possibly something to try for a fix.
Appreciate the reply.

11/03/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Halkriel
Hey all,

I'm sorry for the lack of a reply. We are actually still investigating this issue. So far it's proving very difficult to reproduce the issue, so we're adding in some additional error reporting to the client which will allow us to get a better picture of what's happening during that "freeze" while loading.

We do want to say thank you all so far for the patience, myself or another forum member will get a reply up here the moment we have more information or possibly something to try for a fix.
Could this "additional error reporting to the client" be this huge patch that's downloading right now? I'm over 100megs already and it's still going.