Huge loading screen wait time as of 7.1

Technical Support
Prev 1 36 37 38 189 Next
11/03/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Halkriel
Hey all,

I'm sorry for the lack of a reply. We are actually still investigating this issue. So far it's proving very difficult to reproduce the issue, so we're adding in some additional error reporting to the client which will allow us to get a better picture of what's happening during that "freeze" while loading.

We do want to say thank you all so far for the patience, myself or another forum member will get a reply up here the moment we have more information or possibly something to try for a fix.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say if I can help in any way, I will. Is there a diagnostic tool I can download and run while World of Warcraft is running that would help detect the problem? I know a lot of people have been saying their HDD access is going up to 100% during the load screen problem.

Either way, thank you for the update.
Since 7.1

Long/freezing load screens while:
1. Loading the game.
2. Zoning anywhere (except dungeons).
3. Loading screen freezes upon zoning to garrison. Solution: Restart game.
4. Stuttering when a lot of spells are going off around me. Self corrects after a few seconds, then starts the cycle again.

I've always been able to play with high graphics and sound. Now, even during pet battles with any kind of fluid spells, e.g., Call Blizzard, Tidal Wave, Whirlpool, etc. would see my FPS drop into single digits.

Makes for many uncomfortable moments during group play as a healer.
hotfixes and updates on nov 3, nothing about the loading screen tho
Hey all,

I'm sorry for the lack of a reply. We are actually still investigating this issue. So far it's proving very difficult to reproduce the issue, so we're adding in some additional error reporting to the client which will allow us to get a better picture of what's happening during that "freeze" while loading.

We do want to say thank you all so far for the patience, myself or another forum member will get a reply up here the moment we have more information or possibly something to try for a fix.

I appreciate the response. But really, none of the devs play the game for fun in their spare time? None of them have this issue? Has the dev team gotten that small? Try to reproduce it at home, not at the office. People that actually post on the forums is such a small portion of the community that actually does so. There are so many more people who are experiencing this and just not posting about it. Given the odds, one of you would probably experience it at home.
Hey all,

Thanks for at least posting an update response, even if the issue isn't fixed yet.

If you all need to, take stuff down for an entire day to fix it, as long as it DOES get fixed. I'd be fine with it.
well... at least i know now tht is not only me... cuz everytime i try to go to Dalaran i get a 50% chance of getting disconnected
Hey all,

Thank you i just wanted some claification on what was being done . Seeing how 4 of my toons are unplayable right now id def like to see a fix soon and more communication . I appriciate the time you took to update us calmed me down a bit . Hope you guys fix this issue very soon all my toons are a week behind due to this issue aswell as others and their alts . If its not too much to ask is there some way we can be refunded woth a few days more sub time once this is fixed i think that seems quite fair 5 days at max im not trying to be greedy but it would be nice seeing how 4 of my toons i main i couldnt play on. Aswell as how unplayable it was for everyone else it would be nice thing to do i doubt itd happen but itbwould make up for such a horrid unplayable week .
11/03/2016 03:50 PMPosted by Nachtkind
11/03/2016 02:56 PMPosted by Siddarta
And the funny thing is that for blizzard is a ''users pc problems''.

Yes, Blizzard always says that. But once again it is clear that THIS IS A BLIZZARD PROBLEM, because of two obvious facts:
1) Everyone and his uncle is having this problem, so it is not a matter of a specific locality, or ISP, or computer hardware, or game UI configuration. It's widespread and general, and the only common factor is WoW itself. Ergo, something about WoW itself is the source of the problem.

2) The current problem started abruptly with 7.1. We were all playing Legion fine before that. All that has changed is something involving the patch, therefore logic dictates that the source of the problem is the either patch or the patching process.

Logical conclusion: Blizzard, your patch, or patching process, is responsible for this loading problem. Please stop putting users through hoops trying useless remedies to this problem, and just fix it where it really is, at your end.

Look, Blizz, you are smart guys, and we know you figured this out at least as quickly as we did, especially since it has happened so often before. Please don't try to save face by pretending the problem is at our end -- that's just irritating. We can accept that things go wrong sometimes. The best way to keep everyone happy is just to acknowledge the problem and assure us that you are working to fix it.

I had one tech guy tell me my computer was obsolete. Another tech guy told me my computer was fine and that it was just a population issue. Another tech lady said it was my connection that was the issue and also said updating java would fix it. Another tech guy said it was a known issue but a bunch of tech people are at Blizz Con so it is harder to fix at the moment. The one that bugged me the most was the person who told me I should upgrade to a new computer when the game runs fine and we find out it IS a Blizzard problem. So you want me to spend a whole bunch of money that I don't have on a new computer that WILL NOT solve the problem? Great advice tech guy. Solid. Any ETA yet?
Seriously.....shut the game down for a day and fix the problem.
This has virtually made the game unplayable for me as groups are not willing to wait 3 to 5 minutes for every load screen i have to go through.
All the devs are at BlizzCon.. so.. yes and no.

11/03/2016 07:48 PMPosted by Celilis
Hey all,

I appreciate the response. But really, none of the devs play the game for fun in their spare time? None of them have this issue? Has the dev team gotten that small? Try to reproduce it at home, not at the office. People that actually post on the forums is such a small portion of the community that actually does so. There are so many more people who are experiencing this and just not posting about it. Given the odds, one of you would probably experience it at home.
The costumer in me would like to think they would give us some sort of compensation for all this trouble, the days lost without playing because of the stupid load screens..But the reasonable person in my knows that it would be near impossible for them to know exactly who had the issue or not.

Edit: So many grammatical errors ;-;
11/03/2016 08:25 PMPosted by Estavos
The costumer in my would like to thing they would give us some sort of compensation for all this trouble, the days lost without playing because of the stupid load screens..But the reasonable person in my knows that it would be near impossible for them to know exactly who had the issue or not.

This is not a unreasonable request. If your product does not live up the terms of sale than you have every right to ask for a refund. We should receive a credit for every day of gametime until the game is fixed.
downloading a 103 MG update....might be the fix! hahaha nah i doubt it
Loaded into dal fine on my alt but when trying to load into my main who is in asuna i get stuck loading and it pretty much shuts down all processing on my machine thought it was on my end but guess not

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say if I can help in any way, I will. Is there a diagnostic tool I can download and run while World of Warcraft is running that would help detect the problem? I know a lot of people have been saying their HDD access is going up to 100% during the load screen problem.

No [Edit: Also, running a diagnostic tool while wow is open will ensure higher disc usage...]

I have 2 ssd's in raid 0 and also experience this problem, my hdd utilization never reaches above 40% while playing wow
11/03/2016 11:07 PMPosted by Itoxjv
11/03/2016 06:51 PMPosted by Escherus

No, Just no.
Again, I have 2 ssd's in raid 0 and experience this problem, my hdd utilization never reaches above 40% while playing wow.

Congratulations, you're not part of "a lot of people".

Congratulations, you're not part of "a lot of people".

Kinda gives you the idea it's not just because of HDD's or does logic escape this thread, eh?
I've been having the same issue(s) for months now. Mine started with Diablo 3 around S6, to which a resolution never came about. At that same time, ALL other Blizzard games were running flawlessly and without issue. LegionBETA was even pretty smooth once stability testing was over and BETA will always be BETA. Roughly a month before Legion, the load screen locks appeared in WoW, infrequently at first, then it became a solid thing at every possible transition in game, and again, with no resolution to be had(for me).

I got a wild hair tonight and decided to uninstall/clean up all files involving the Warcraft PTR and BETA installs and for the first time since it nose-dived, I've managed some hours of relief so far, however temporary it may be. I'm also running bare bones, recently-updated add-ons.

I don't know how Diablo 3 is affected(removing D3 PTR/etc), if at all, because I don't have it currently installed.

As with all the listed possible fixes, I highly doubt this will work for everyone, if at all anyway, but if it does, I hope it brings you some relief, especially if you are trying to get anything at all done.

Until there's some sort of wide-spread resolution, I wish you(and crossing my fingers for myself) luck!

That's all I've got on the issue for now. :(
Idk wth happned my home and world ms are prefectly fine but anywhere trying to do wqs lagsssss sooo much its unplayable right now . Still getting forever loading screens on everything . :/