Potential Shard of Darkness bug.

Paladin
So I managed to fish up a shard of darkness, and instead of entering my inventory when I clicked on it, the game told me, "You can't loot that right now." It may have been a combination of auto loot and clicking it too quickly while the game was trying to put it into my bags, but just to be safe, you might want to turn auto loot off for this.

Been over an hour and I haven't received it in the mail. Trying a ticket, but I doubt they'll be able to help. So just be careful.
It is highly unlikely a GM will help you recover this item if it didn't get registered by the loot mail system. I find GMs to be mostly useless. With the exception of one great encounter that I give credit for, GMs typically will do absolutely zero to help you with item related issues.

Blizzard sets such ridiculously strict guidelines for them that they are effectively neutered.
Happened to me too.
I just experienced this error too. Adds a little more insult to injury if that's what's going on. I'm at about 2.5k casts in so far trying to get the Shard with still no luck... it would be a grievous wrong to have it yanked from anyone over a bug. Thinking about it now and it has no doubt bugged a time or two before and I just didn't notice it/understand it. This thing is about to drive me to drink...
10/09/2016 10:55 PMPosted by Jabbz
Happened to me too.

after 1500 time fishing, i got the same issue as you did, blizzard need to give us a result .
I'm farming for it on and off a little the past few days, but that would be lame to see it and not get it. Maybe it would be a good idea to screenshot it or something when it pops up and you can't loot it, and that might help convince the GM?

Then again, I guess it might be easy for someone with photoshop skills to fake one.
Got this same error, after over 1,800 cast I decided to turning off Auto Loot. After fishing for another 15 minutes I got it. Good luck guys.
10/07/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Koven
It is highly unlikely a GM will help you recover this item if it didn't get registered by the loot mail system. I find GMs to be mostly useless. With the exception of one great encounter that I give credit for, GMs typically will do absolutely zero to help you with item related issues.

Blizzard sets such ridiculously strict guidelines for them that they are effectively neutered.

Depends, if the OP took a screen shot showing the issue without it going into his bag - they MAY give it to him.

I mean I sold my Anathema/Benediction staff long ago in TBC, and during WoD when I started playing my priest again they were able to go through the logs/history of my priest that showed the quest completion - and they sent me the staff through the mail :) Was probably the most amazing customer support I ever witnessed from Blizzard - second being them reverting the Crusader 7.1 change ;)
Believe me, GMs can tell what item you fish up, even if it isn't looted. They have logs. The question, will they make the effort to give it to you? Chances are you will get a canned response and will have to escalate your ticket (indicate that it has NOT been resolved) several times.

I'm currently waiting on a GM response for my Shard of Darkness. It popped up in the loot box, but did not auto-loot. I know for a fact they have logs, so I'm gambling that the GM I get will care enough to try and help.
10/24/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Tulek
Believe me, GMs can tell what item you fish up, even if it isn't looted. They have logs. The question, will they make the effort to give it to you? Chances are you will get a canned response and will have to escalate your ticket (indicate that it has NOT been resolved) several times.

I'm currently waiting on a GM response for my Shard of Darkness. It popped up in the loot box, but did not auto-loot. I know for a fact they have logs, so I'm gambling that the GM I get will care enough to try and help.

It's true, I had to go through in depth customer service item retrieval vs a standard in game ticket for the Benediction/Anathema - and the amount of time it took (about a week), it may be faster to just fish another one up lol

Question is, do you want to go through the process and focus on other stuff while it gets reviewed and potentially declined, or do you want to sit there for 2000+ casts to get it? haha
3200 casts and nothing.
I got this problem too. I didn't even get a chance to loot it before it closed.

Edit: Got it a few hours later. I recommend people turn off auto-loot.
I get it! it should be hard to get and i think the idea behind all this quest chain is awesome, but after days of fishing is getting old and is not fun anymore.
Plus.. Sometimes this place if full of horde (not only paladins killing people while fishing) We started a raid to kill them twice a few days ago... we ended up not fishing for like an hour... and then i had to go. The RNG is killing me lol
That also happened to me, a couple times actually. Back when I was still around 300 Casts. I kept at it and finally got it at 2186 casts. It sucks but don't fear, it will drop again.
I got it on my 100 casts on the day I start it.so rng liked me I think?
11/14/2016 09:09 AMPosted by Deyalos

It only like you on cosmetic then, because I can't seem to see a legendary equipped :)
Seems they fixed the auto loot bug. It automatically looted it for me.
11/14/2016 09:50 AMPosted by Fylerz
11/14/2016 09:09 AMPosted by Deyalos

It only like you on cosmetic then, because I can't seem to see a legendary equipped :)

I know can they make a bad luck protection plz
This happened to me two days ago...no help from GM at all after multiple requests. Was simply told to make sure I have space in my bags (which I did) and turn off auto loot. Hours more of fishing and it hasn't dropped for me again yet...

Why do the Devs think this is fun?
02/04/2017 09:22 PMPosted by Linawen
This happened to me two days ago...no help from GM at all after multiple requests. Was simply told to make sure I have space in my bags (which I did) and turn off auto loot. Hours more of fishing and it hasn't dropped for me again yet...

Why do the Devs think this is fun?

They enjoy watching us suffer.