Why does affl not have a slow for pvp?

Warlock
I just don't get it.
10/10/2016 02:14 PMPosted by Naumann
I just don't get it.

Because that would make our class more viable. no one wants that! weve had in the past, blizz detected fun and decided to put a stop to it. I used to complain about this when we had baseline teleport. god i wish i could go back. Also our class lore dictates we are supposed to get thrashed around by melee and not be able to escape. unless your guldan. that guy always gets away.
10/10/2016 02:31 PMPosted by Ialfizzle
I just don't get it.

Because that would make our class more viable. no one wants that! weve had in the past, blizz detected fun and decided to put a stop to it. I used to complain about this when we had baseline teleport. god i wish i could go back. Also our class lore dictates we are supposed to get thrashed around by melee and not be able to escape. unless your guldan. that guy always gets away.

Don't forget that one guy in the Jade Forest at the beginning for Alliance. Not only could he teleport thousands of yards away, he could put up like 6 demonic gateways at the same time and use them whenever. Sure we got him in the end, but he practically gave himself up having that kind of power at his disposal.
I have the legendary that makes corruption a 60% slow... D:
Why doesnt affliction have soul link?

Why doesn't affliction have demonic circle?

Why doesn't affliction do more damage?

Why doesn't affliction have more cc?

I'll tell you why.. because locks are OP and can tank melee forever 1v1 and need zero mobility versus the 10 gap closers every melee class has.

Also we have an op legendary that slows targets by 60% when corruption is applied.

Be happy this is clearly the best that warlocks have been. Lol
channel cripple
10/10/2016 07:16 PMPosted by Heralol

Also we have an op legendary that slows targets by 60% when corruption is applied.

Legendary equipment doesn't do anything in instanced PvP. World PvP is fun and all, but not what should be balanced around.
Doomguard.
10/10/2016 08:13 PMPosted by Gratiano

Legendary equipment doesn't do anything in instanced PvP. World PvP is fun and all, but not what should be balanced around.

You need to understand sarcasm
I also think we should have a slow or snare and the same blink that mages get
The problem is, if Affliction can defend itself, then melee doesn't get to use us as a punching bag anymore, and we can't have that.
Because warlocks are the non-tanky cast tanks of Legion from a design perspective.
o.o if you want to make me "tanky" let me tank a raid.

I'll tell you why.. because locks are OP and can tank melee forever 1v1 and need zero mobility versus the 10 gap closers every melee class has.

Affliction has tons of CC
Sorry afflocks. At least conflagration is getting a root xD
All ranged specs should have a slow, not just for pvp but for leveling and questing, it's bad design that some range specs lack one.
Someone on the dev team got cucked by Xelnath and they're taking it out on us. No other way I can explain Contagion getting nerfed on PTR.
I just don't get it.

We dont have mobility, meaning slows wont allow us to kite anyway.

Warlocks are a turret caster, so we need a tool which allows us to stand and deliver. A more fitting change would be a return of Soul Link, or perhaps, something similar to the Focused Will Discipline priests receive.

Soul Link:
20% of all damage you take is taken by your demon pet instead. Soul Leech also heals you for 25% and your pet for 50% of the absorption it grants.

Focused Will:
Melee attacks against you cause you to gain Focused Will, reducing damage you take by 15% for 8 sec, stacking up to 2 times.

We were better when we spammed shadow bolt in TBC. You clearly don't know anything. Also the Legendary slow is PvE only, and it sacrifices other legendaries. Also, how many people have it?

Is trolling your profession?
We had a slow. It was called Curse of Exhaustion. It was a ranged curse for Affliction that reduced speed by 50%. They thought our ability to kite was too strong so they lowered it to 30%, which made it pretty useless. They want melee to have a near 100% uptime on us. With all the mobility that exists now though, I don't even know if bringing back 50% CoEx would be enough. We'd at the least need fear to not break so easily on damage. It needs to take at least 10% of a targets hp before breaking, which by the way is I think the change made to it in wrath.
I don't care about keeping melee off me, I want something to stop everyone from simply walking away out of range or out of sight, half the time even during a fear I have to chase people down.