The Honeymoon is Over

General Discussion
I am a huge fan of flying. Every time I head back to Stormwind or Draenor or any other non-Legion zone I smile when I get to mount up and fly away.

But I don't agree with you.

10/07/2016 10:30 AMPosted by Noflynobuy
the grind of world quests, exclusively on ground based mounts, is taking it’s toll

You aren't limited to doing WQs on ground mounts exclusively. Use your whistle from wherever you're at to get to a flight point, fly to the flight point nearest the WQ, and then ride your ground mount to the WQ.

No one is forcing you to ride your ground mount from, say, the Azsuna WQ you just finished to the Stormheim WQ you want to do next.

Only two zones are bearable to travel exclusively on the ground, Azsuna, and Val’Sharah.

All the zones are bearable. One zone is challenging - Highmountain - but once you've been around it a bit it's not as bad. Not to mention that some of the game's enjoyment comes from exploring the zones and finding out where you can and can't get to.

Don't get me wrong. I want flying in Legion. I just think you're stretching a bit with your strongly-worded reasoning.

Edit: Oh. I just saw your name. Disregard all the above, I should have known better. :D
We now come full circle back to the most baffling design decision I have ever seen in gaming,

Your decision to buy a game wherein it was explained that flying would be unlocked by a multi-part Pathfinder achievement about midway through the x-pac when you actually wanted flight at level cap?

Is that the decision you are referencing?
I mean, I assumed from your name you didn't buy Legion.
10/07/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Shadobolt
We now come full circle back to the most baffling design decision I have ever seen in gaming,

Your decision to buy a game wherein it was explained that flying would be unlocked by a multi-part Pathfinder achievement about midway through the x-pac when you actually wanted flight at level cap?

Are these real questions or are you just being an *******?

Those are rhetorical questions, btw, I know the answer.
Man it's Friday and the trolls are bored.
No ragrets

This expac is lazy and uninspired. RNG behind RNG.
10/07/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Urugao
Edit: Oh. I just saw your name. Disregard all the above, I should have known better. :D

Yeah, name and race choice gives it away.
10/07/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Shadobolt

You do realize he is level 104 and that means he bought legion right?
Oh, the OP is mostly right, but that's an opinion. I just happen to agree. I got the game and since I got more than 8 hours enjoyment, it was a good purchase. I usually finish FPS games in 4 to six hours of play. I'm about done with WOW again till the next expansion, I'll play here and there, but I'm just not one that likes a never ending grind.

Of course those dedicated to MMO game play will forever enjoy these games. They are really fun.
When Blizzard added flying, they did a decent job making it part of the game, but not amazing. Then in Wrath, they did such an awesome job of utilizing cold weather flight as part of character progression. It was part of the game. Then Blizzard added flight in old world with Cata from day 1 and it was awesome, but almost none of the content took advantage of it, except getting to the raid portals. Then in MoP they did a great job of making you work for your flying and making it a part of the story.

Then along comes WoD and suddenly Blizzard is all "flying was a mistake and means people just skip content".

This literally came out of nowhere.

Thinking back, the only time flying has even been a contentious issue is specifically connected to druids being able to gather while in flight form. I doubt that is why the change happened. I also don't buy the "skipping content" because not entering combat with mobs I have no interest in is not "skipping content". Neither should random leveling mobs be considered content anyways for someone who is at a point where they can fly.

I strongly suspect that the real reason is because flying requires more dev time since they have to make sure all of the terrain is completely textured and what not. No flying = they only have to worry about what you can see from the ground or a flightpoint. (this is one of the biggest reasons why flight in old world was not added in BC or Wrath. Because all that old world content had to be redone to make it not a complete mess when you are flying.

But now that flight will be there at some point, they don't even have a dev reason. It really just feels like spite coming down from some exec.
I love this expansion and am having a blast... on my main. There's loads of content, virtually any aspect can fit into ones own personal end game and every part of the game is more accessible than ever.

What I'm not enjoying too much is how time consuming alt characters can be, particularly how even the 3rd relic slot for our artifacts is gated behind finishing the Order Hall campaign which incidentally includes five 12-hour missions that cannot even be started until reaching the level cap.

As for flying, I do miss it. But at the very least, I am glad they at least gave us our trusty whistle as a means to quickly get back to a flight path. Though I do wish the terrain were designed a bit better. I have died several times by doing nothing more than traveling down an intended marked path. The speed of my mount will cause the terrain to suddenly act as a steep sloped ramp and shoot me into the air and, sometimes, over a cliff when approaching a turn.

I've since learned to be cautious when travelling even the intended mapped terrain.
The irony in your name is strong, would consider a name change.

Emptythreat might be a good one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4
I

You bought anyway.
No ragrets

not a single letter? ;)
What a surprise, another flying QQ thread.
10/07/2016 10:57 AMPosted by Kielá
When Blizzard added flying, they did a decent job making it part of the game, but not amazing.

People are forgetting the grind to be able to fly in BC in the first place. It was massive.

5k gold was not pocket change back then. You were lucky to get 5 -10 gold per daily. Only the later dailies on Quel'danas (a no fly zone) gave above that.. and there were few dailies out there prior to quel'danas that didn't involve long and involved grinds.

I'll just add, the base flying mount was something like 60-100% in most cases it was faster to get places on ground mounts. It went up to something like 150% if you did the mass grind in bc.
Why is anyone bothering responding. It's yet another QQ flying post ... Obvious troll is obvious.

/ends thread

/seriously ends thread
I'm not trolling. I am really passionate about this feature and wish it was a part of the game as it used to be.
Your name is noflynobuy, when in fact, there is no fly and you DID buy. Therefore, I didn't bother to read more than a couple sentences of your post.