A lot of whining going on this Xpac

General Discussion
10/11/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Shadöwkid
10/11/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Nostalrius

Yeah, screw you if you spent money on a product and got total crap instead! SUCK IT UP! Who cares if you're wasting $15 a month to play a slot machine, GIVE IT A REST!

/s

But is it really a waste of money? Is there really a larger number of issues compared to the number of things that are keeping us here?

My personal opinion is simply this - I love it, I think they got a lot of thing right.
YES, they also got some wrong, YES there is a ridiculous amount of RNG and a few other things I listed above. Again, I don't have my legendary yet and it is very frustrating doing the emissaries or the weekly OH box and not getting one... is that really a good reason to cancel my sub and blow up the forums?

I understand the forums are the place for us to voice our concerns. I have seen plenty of good posts of players voicing them, I'm specifically aimed at the:
- why don't i have this yet
- OMG WTF THE SAME WORLD BOSS?!?!?!?
- bah these rewards suck a$$
- this entier expansion is garbage because I'm not getting what i want when i want it

The little kid tantrum posts I guess. Call me a white knight and down vote me if you want to, my opinion isn't changing.

If you truly can log on and find more things about the game currently that piss you off rather then entertain you, take a break, don't get on here and post up useless posts that benefit nobody.

The answer to your question is yes, yes it is a waste of money.

I run a Mythic and end the run with -50g because I got nothing but gold drops from bosses and maybe died once or twice, maybe we had a wipe.

That is a waste of my time, which is a waste of my money (since I'm paying them for the time to play)
Offering feedback over legit bad game design is not whining. Just sayin.

The RNG thing is killing the fun for me.
10/11/2016 12:38 PMPosted by Melancholy
You realize your entire post was an eye-sore "look at me" complaining post, I hope.

Honestly the Legendary system is fine. I got lucky and got one, but I think it is a better system having them obtainable in dungeons/raids/pvp/world, etc. instead of farming LFR for multiple months.

I may not get as lucky on my other toons, and that's OK. I think it makes Legendaries more Legendary when they aren't being passed around like candy.

Many of the things that the OP listed are "Grinds" ... MMO's by nature are very grindy, and it is part of what makes people keep playing and keep coming back for more. If we go back to WOD where we finish everything in a month, people will stop playing and unsub.

Either we have:

1) Lots of grinds/content to push through, keeps people busy for a long time. People will whine because they can't get things easy.

2) Easy/nonexistant grinds/less content. People still complain even though they get everything handed to them on a silver platter.
10/11/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Somalion
A lot of whining going on every xpac. The WoW forums are a sea of tears and always have been.

The whiny start backed in Classic.

Fix'd that for you
10/11/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Somalion
A lot of whining going on every xpac. The WoW forums are a sea of tears and always have been.

[quote]The whiny start backed in Classic.

Fix'd that for you

Actually, people were a lot less whiny in Vanilla, having played back then. People whined about things, but Blizzard would typically give them the middle finger and say "suck it up". Now there is a lot of pandering to people who whine, which further perpetuates the forum whiners.
Of course, the sooner they rage quit the more likely positive and creative feedback will make its way to Blizz and the drawbacks of this expansion can be fixed.
10/11/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Shadöwkid

Christ, how about instead of constantly crying and complaining and pissing and moaning about the game were obviously all still sinking hours into, you shut your mouths and enjoy. Legion is new, still a lot of changes to be made so just stop.
Does it suck not having a legendary yet? uhhh why yes it does, does it disable you from playing? not in the smallest way. Give it a rest already

Well I guess it's a good thing you're not in charge of the game then because with logic like that the game would have died a long time ago.

People forget that this is not a normal game, it's one of the few video games out there that charges a monthly fee in order to play it, there are countless other free games out there (like 99.9% of them), people are "whining" because they want to enjoy the game they are paying to play, they don't want to have to quit.

So be grateful for the whining because once someone loses even the motivation to whine then it's finally game over for them and Blizz has lost another customer.
wall of text

you must be new here.
OP forgot whinging about whinging
10/11/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Nostalrius

I run a Mythic and end the run with -50g because I got nothing but gold drops from bosses and maybe died once or twice, maybe we had a wipe.

That is a waste of my time, which is a waste of my money (since I'm paying them for the time to play)

But still you are on. Hmmmm.

10/11/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Frostchi
1) Lots of grinds/content to push through, keeps people busy for a long time. People will whine because they can't get things easy.

2) Easy/nonexistant grinds/less content. People still complain even though they get everything handed to them on a silver platter.

This. We had the welfare xpac (wod)and we saw the biggest drop in Wow's history. We have had difficult xpacs and we saw upward growth (classic, bc and wrath). All three had things to do after cap, were challenging and rewarding. Blizz forgot that recipe during Cata's big remake and the game has suffered since. I believe Blizz has rediscovered the recipe and we are seeing it again; challenge and reward.

Lets open the bottle of whine and look in. RNG...always been in the game. Always. If you managed to convince yourself that it hasn't then I am not sure what game you have been playing. Mobs going to drop enough apexis? Is the 85% mission going to pull through. Going to get that resistance gear needed for molten core? Will enough primal fires drop so you can make that cool BC leatherworking gear. Will SOS give you the shoulders you need? RNG...always been there. Did you mean damage RNG? Sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss....always been there.

Grind? Again, this has always been in the game. Always. Winter saber grind in classic. Rep grind in BC. Dungeon grind in Wraith for the broken hilt. Timeless token grind in Mop. Toon grinding in cata to see the quest changes. Garrisonville grind. This is but a sample...there was far more to it than these examples alone. Grind is MMO and MMO is grind. Again, I am not sure what game people were playing and mistaking for wow but this is basically the same game just another incarnation of it.

But is it really a waste of money? Is there really a larger number of issues compared to the number of things that are keeping us here?

Yes and yes. You have entire classes (such as mine) that are firmly under toilet water. Not just specs, but entire classes. You have RNG permeating its way into every single thing you do. A few specs are now almost completely governed by it, i.e. your performance is as reliant on pure proc luck as it is on player skill. You have some people running around with 3 or 4 legendaries, and others running around with 0. You have "class fantasy" being used as an excuse to prune all the fun utility out of various classes (my class is again one such example.) You have underwhelming, unrewarding WQ's. You have some of the most rampant class imbalance the game has ever seen. A 30-40% spread between the top and bottom DPS specs. This is acceptable to you?

I don't care if Legion's new, that is a failure of an excuse. This is a top-grade company that had a several months-long beta to address the above. Making excuses for them only further encourages their blind arrogance.
10/11/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Darkeh
White Knight Alert

Person without zero introspection alert. So many of these complaints are so petty it's disturbing. Take for example

10/11/2016 12:39 PMPosted by Raalos
Sorry <RNG> I <RNG> couldn't <RNG> quite <RNG> hear <RNG> you <RNG> through <RNG> all <RNG> this <RNG> RNG.

Woah I had no idea there was zero RNG when guilds would decide who would get a legendary, or when I would hope for a frost lotus in the next Northrend herb, or when I go 5 Windfury procs one moment and none the next, or when the raid boss happened to use their ability on me twice in a row and no one else, or when I rolled 3 1s in a row on master loot...

It's fine to complain, just don't expect Blizzard to listen to this little echo chamber of nonsense.
for as long as I have time remaining paid for, the forums are here for me to pipe up, you do have the option to not click on a complaint thread, complaint thread not obvious per title, once open and obvious, close it.

I along with many others raised our voices in Warlords along with some losses and change happened, say nothing, get nothing, say something and maybe get something.
10/11/2016 08:18 PMPosted by Personified

It's fine to complain, just don't expect Blizzard to listen to this little echo chamber of nonsense.

It wouldn't really matter if all the complaints were nonsense or not, now would it? Many of the complaints you see were brought up by players in beta and the feedback was ignored.

You are also not the arbiter of what's petty and what isn't. What you find to be "petty" might be wrecking someone else's game experience. I admit that there is an order of priority, and some complaints may fall to the lower end of the spectrum of things to be addressed, but many of the things being mentioned on these boards are legitimate, and, if not addressed sooner rather than later, will probably lead to a fairly big fall-off in sub numbers.
To the Op, Try being a Dk... Bottom 2 dps and bottom tank... Yes please tell me more that we shouldn't be complaining.
10/11/2016 08:12 PMPosted by Draaxia
Yes and yes. You have entire classes (such as mine) that are firmly under toilet water. Not just specs, but entire classes. You have RNG permeating its way into every single thing you do. A few specs are now almost completely governed by it, i.e. your performance is as reliant on pure proc luck as it is on player skill. You have some people running around with 3 or 4 legendaries, and others running around with 0. You have "class fantasy" being used as an excuse to prune all the fun utility out of various classes (my class is again one such example.) You have underwhelming, unrewarding WQ's. You have some of the most rampant class imbalance the game has ever seen. A 30-40% spread between the top and bottom DPS specs. This is acceptable to you?

I don't care if Legion's new, that is a failure of an excuse. This is a top-grade company that had a several months-long beta to address the above. Making excuses for them only further encourages their blind arrogance.

There is always a bottom class. With all the dynamics of the game there is zero way to achieve balance. Zero. I have a lock and DK. Both have issues, but they have had issues since each was created. I cannot remember a time when my lock was perfect or my bear or my hunter or my DK for that matter. You complain about pruning for fantasy and yet DK's are finally different from one another and not different colored 8 peg legos. DKs were procy last xpac ...did you complain about them then? Probably not cause Dks were OP and it is fine when you are on the top of the charts. What do you want WQ to drop? A legendary each and every time? Pfft. You just rattle off what others have QQ'd about.....pruning check, WQ check, bottom classes check. Do DKs need a bit of love...certainly but if te rest of the game really bugs you this much go find a different game.
10/11/2016 01:22 PMPosted by Caraway
Wait, what's wrong with mythic+?

It's one of the things I've enjoyed this expac...

So I got downvoted with no explanation as to why?

Blizzard this downvote system is garbage. God Forbid you have a different opinion.

I'll say it again, Mythic+ has been one of the most entertaining aspects of this expac for me.
10/11/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Shadöwkid
Be it:

- World Boss
- AP grind
- AP in general
- World Quests
- Legendaries (No, I don't have one yet either)
- Focus on one spec
- Mythic+
- Certain classes lacking in the DPS department
The list goes on..

For the love of (insert your gods name here), GIVE IT A REST!!
Yes, there is issues, when hasn't there been?
Yes, some classes need tuning, when has every class been perfect?
Yes, you STILL don't have your legendary.. a month+ after the Xpac launched..
Yes, there is much more going on now that isn't tuned towards the casual player, sucks, deal with it. A lot of us dealt with YEARS of most things being 'to casual' and not challenging.

Don't get so bent out of shape over your class being bottom at the moment, IT HAPPENS TO EVERY CLASS (for the most part)

Christ, how about instead of constantly crying and complaining and pissing and moaning about the game were obviously all still sinking hours into, you shut your mouths and enjoy. Legion is new, still a lot of changes to be made so just stop.
Does it suck not having a legendary yet? uhhh why yes it does, does it disable you from playing? not in the smallest way. Give it a rest already

Legion has killed many cesspool guilds, so the general forum has become a refugee camp/salt mine. :|
10/11/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Nostalrius

My personal opinion is simply this - I love it, I think they got a lot of thing right.
YES, they also got some wrong, YES there is a ridiculous amount of RNG and a few other things I listed above. Again, I don't have my legendary yet and it is very frustrating doing the emissaries or the weekly OH box and not getting one... is that really a good reason to cancel my sub and blow up the forums?

I understand the forums are the place for us to voice our concerns. I have seen plenty of good posts of players voicing them, I'm specifically aimed at the:
- why don't i have this yet
- OMG WTF THE SAME WORLD BOSS?!?!?!?
- bah these rewards suck a$$
- this entier expansion is garbage because I'm not getting what i want when i want it

The little kid tantrum posts I guess. Call me a white knight and down vote me if you want to, my opinion isn't changing.

If you truly can log on and find more things about the game currently that piss you off rather then entertain you, take a break, don't get on here and post up useless posts that benefit nobody.

Sounds like you need to cancel and go play an easier game, because you obviously can't handle anything that requires a little bit of higher cognitive function. At least you wasted your money though! How many months have you been wasting money playing a "trash" game that you are just now deciding is a waste of money?
10/11/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Darkeh
White Knight Alert

*Brown Knight™