Xera: "What would you have done differently?"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Hey, if they were smarter they wouldn't be illidan's batteries ;^)
They signed up as expendable soldiers to be used tactically, and there is no morality in war.
10/25/2016 04:35 PMPosted by Patchs
Idk, maybe not murder dozens upon dozens if not hundreds of my own soldiers.

Then Azeroth would have burned. Congratulations.
Illidan: I must sacrifice you four by devouring your very arcane essence, in order to defeat this random pack of trash mobs. But fear not. 4 more of you will appear immediately, ready to serve and die at a moments notice so that your sacrifice will be entirely and totally in vain.

Ravenguard: Umm...why don't we just wait for the next 4 then...and you drain all eight of us 50% or so?

Illidan: ....I'm going to eat you first, Tiberius.

Also, sign me up for Team Screw Special Snowflake Woobie Illidan. I would gladly pay whatever was asked if the storyline could end with Wrathion just appearing from nowhere and body-checking Illidan out of the spotlight in the split second Xe'ra is about to crown him the "Boy of Light and Shadow". Just all, "Demon, please. I made some questionable deals and played with people's lives, but at least I didn't try to genocide planets or eat my own soldiers."
the scenario itself was great. i tried to do it without killing the moon guard soldiers & even before i started needing certain abilities to move on, i hit a wall of demons i just couldn't kill fast enough. it did really well at showing a super hopeless situation

... but then xe'ra undermines the whole morality issue of it (aka what makes it interesting). rather than say, well, illidan got the job done but he did so in a horrible way, her sarcastic-sounding "what would you have done differently?" suggests his method was FLAWLESS and there couldn't possibly have been any other options. maybe there really weren't - but that doesn't absolve him of responsibility for killing his own soldiers
Ok, Illidan uses magic that is normally associated with Warlocks. Ie draining life force to use it as mana. Where did he LEARN how to use such magic? And not just that, WHY did he CHOOSE to learn such magics?

He hadn't gone all "demon" by the point of Black Rook Hold. He was still just an arrogant prick of a Night Elf.

He chose to learn magics that disregarded others and considered them nothing more than batteries for him to use. Gee, that says a lot about how much of a douchebag he is. Especially since he was willing to use that magic on his allies and did not simply oh drain the life force from weak demons and use their energies for mana instead.
"Okay Xe'ra, you get two minutes to defend Illidan's demon-infested sex palace."

"You bring up a great point. You know what else is a great point? Illidan had golden eyes. Should somebody with golden eyes have to suffer the way Illidan did? Also, his voice is so totally awesome, and-"

"Mograine, dispose of it."
If Illidan had been prepared, he would have plenty of pots, flasks, and food. No need to drain the life out of allies.
10/25/2016 10:09 PMPosted by Aederyn
"Okay Xe'ra, you get two minutes to defend Illidan's demon-infested sex palace."

Oh, so now having a demon infested sex palace is a crime?

I have to go do something unrelated to hiding a sex palace.
Xera: "What would you have done differently?"

I wouldn't have done what Illidan did.

The mass murder of your own people, even if seemingly for the greater good, is still mass murder. Would I kill a hundred or several hundred people in order to save the whole world? Nope, I wouldn't, especially not people who are loyal to me and willing to fight with me.

If it came down to something like this and the world hinged on my decision, then g'bye world. See you all on the other side, if there is one.
10/25/2016 10:11 PMPosted by Koro
10/25/2016 10:09 PMPosted by Aederyn

"PSA: Koro's Demon Infested Sex Palace*

*Now with ilvl 900 gear and guaranteed legendaries!"

Have fun keeping it secret now.
Are we still talking about the Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon Guard?

Illy obvs should have looked for another solution, but I don't really think he was wrong. I even think his indignant response to Ravencrest was justified. Really, what was his suggestion going to be? He didn't seem to have one besides going down with the ship, which wouldn't have helped anyone.

The dialogue is terrible, heavy handed, and basically at odds with all of the events, but that's one time when I'm pretty much forced to 80% agree with Illidan.
10/25/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Aederyn
10/25/2016 10:11 PMPosted by Koro

"PSA: Koro's Demon Infested Sex Palace*

*Now with ilvl 900 gear and guaranteed legendaries!"

Have fun keeping it secret now.

You monster.
If Illidan had at least explained what was going on to his Moon Guard, if he'd outlined what had to be done, if the Moon Guard had consented to the sacrifice, we wouldn't be so annoyed about it.

Instead, he murders them all.
10/25/2016 10:39 PMPosted by Alzrian
If Illidan had at least explained what was going on to his Moon Guard, if he'd outlined what had to be done, if the Moon Guard had consented to the sacrifice, we wouldn't be so annoyed about it.

Instead, he murders them all.

^^^This.

If he had shown more grief at what he had done. Then I'd be more understanding. Or even he had at least asked if the Moon Guard were ready to make such a sacrifice.

But no, he took the shortcut and basically threw a temper tantrum when people called him out for it.

And everyone going "well the world would have burned" Um, you don't know that. Like someone else pointed out, maybe if Illidan had taken the time to I dunno, CONSULT with the other heavy hitters at the battle they more then likely could have figured something out.

BUT SHORTCUT!
He took a shortcut to Fast but Short Lived Power.

Gee ... doesn't that sound like the very thing that magicians warn you about? That taking Shortcuts to Power is a Bad Thing because it tends to come back and bite you in the keister?
10/25/2016 09:41 PMPosted by Râlph
They signed up as expendable soldiers to be used tactically, and there is no morality in war.

The comments they made during that scenario kind of imply they did not AGREE to being "walking batteries". He used them Against Their Will, all for a fleeting amount of mana.

So ... yeah, that kind of qualifies as something that belongs in the "Evil Overlords Handbook"

"Never Ask Permission. If they work for you, they have given you permission to consume their souls so that you can live for one more second."
10/25/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Smitenhealz

Gee ... doesn't that sound like the very thing that magicians warn you about? That taking Shortcuts to Power is a Bad Thing because it tends to come back and bite you in the keister?

Don't talk nonsense. Sure, people warned Arthas about Frostmourne, but the Prince knew what he was doing, and everything turned out just fine.

In fact, speaking of Arthas, the moment when Jaina and Uther betrayed him at Stratholme? Few people have endured such rejection. Furthermore...

...oh God, somebody get it out!!!
10/25/2016 10:51 PMPosted by Aederyn
10/25/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Smitenhealz

Don't talk nonsense. Sure, people warned Arthas about Frostmourne, but the Prince knew what he was doing, and everything turned out just fine.

In fact, speaking of Arthas, the moment when Jaina and Uther betrayed him at Stratholme? Few people have endured such rejection. Furthermore...

...oh God, somebody get it out!!!

Nope, you're Xe'ryn now.
10/25/2016 06:45 PMPosted by Patchs
I hope Illidan eats Xe'ra

I'm pretty sure she'd get off on it.
It's pretty clear Xe'ra is Kil'jaedan in disguise

Illidan becaming the choosen one is too good to be true