Are we over the honeymoon period yet?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
10/08/2016 04:59 PMPosted by Virus
10/08/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Sèd
Class balance is the worst its been in forever.

This is my main issue because its bleeding into every aspect of the game, can barely get into mythic+ dungeons because of afflictions terrible damage and that's holding me back from gearing up for normal+ raiding, not sure people are taking affliction locks but I actually wanted to give it a go again this expansion :(

I don't understand how they got class/spec balance so wrong, and they actually did a tuning pass and gave us a woefully inadequate 10% buff when even a 20% or 25% would have barely put us into the middle of the pack.

I don't get how they're so terrible at their jobs (the people responsible for tuning), or is it intentional?

Blizzard has ZERO excuse for the huge disparity in class balance. Zero. They have their internal tools (I think that's what we should call Blizzard at this point) and only until warcraftlogs start appearing they are like "oops here's your buffs bros, GL HF!"

Maybe after the first few years that would be forgivable but WoW has been out 14 years and they still can't even get it close
My biggest beef with this expansion is the ilevel bloat. I know some like the fact that you can titanforge on items, but I think it throws off the entire end game progression system. All they had to do is add dungeon currency back into the game and that would have made dungeon content relevant the entire expansion, kind of like you know, the way it has been since wrath lol.
This is exactly right. I came back after 6 years to this... worst decision. Should have left myself with what happy memories i had of this game. This legendary RNG stuff is rather bad.... and i had to farm thunderfury in vanilla which says alot.

I agree with the difficulties too. Why are there 4 different levels for the same raid instance =/ LFR loot is so bad too, i dont know why people would even touch it.
Totally random... but was just watching some random videos on youtube and watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3oZH6Piz4

Pretend the LK is Blizzard right now and the players unsubbing (like me) are the Argent Crusade when you watch for extra fun... it kind of inspires you to try to kill WOW honestly. I feel like what was once good has been turned evil and must be stopped.

I defeated the LK once... I can do it again!!
Wow, I really must be one of the few people actually enjoying this expansion. All the top posts around about quitting WoW and how everything is broken.

Well, best of luck to you all, feel free to downvote because I don't share your seeming hatred for this game.
All I know is that as someone who doesn't do organized group content and doesn't want to PuG mythics, I've run out of stuff to do a lot quicker this expansion than ever before.

A whole lot quicker.
10/08/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Sèd
Class balance is the worst its been in forever.

Laughed and stopped reading here. I'm sure you got some good points buried in there somewhere though.
I liked legion at first. I was having fun doing WQs and leveling my alts waiting to get into raids. Then I found out my class and spec does horrible damage and no matter which alt I think I want to "main" as, they do piss poor dps. Then WQs started repeating the same ones over and over, and the RNG system was finally showing itself on how horrible it is. The LFG system is worthless because heroics aren't worth it and LFR is worthless and boring. I played WoW since its released and I think I'm finally saying good-bye.
10/09/2016 03:16 PMPosted by Vesudeva
Wow, I really must be one of the few people actually enjoying this expansion. All the top posts around about quitting WoW and how everything is broken.

Well, best of luck to you all, feel free to downvote because I don't share your seeming hatred for this game.

It's totally ok to enjoy this game... it's just some people are not empathetic to people who feel like the game has changed and no longer supports their playstyle. It's also frustrating that many of the issues they're having were things that received a lot of negative feedback during alpha and beta, which they ignored.
I don't mind this expansion that much but there's a ton of issues that I notice too.

-World quests are just dailies. People sit and say, "No they aren't." Yeah, they are. I've gotten the same RNG wq like 3 days in a row now (By 3 days I mean every day reset quests. I'm aware there are the ones that actually reset every 3 days. Cuz, you know, I just love that stupid squirrel quest.)
-AP Grind is terrible. I've pretty much stopped doing lower AP WQ. Building up my AK then doing some.
-Profession Quests are awful. They take an obnoxious amount of time to do, and they are super long and drawn out. I completely stopped mine.
-Welfare Epics. I run a guild and 20 man raid team with 3 friends. Sometimes, it sucks, cuz they just hand out purples now, it doesn't even matter how well you do.
-RNG Legendaries 'You get a legendary! You get a legendary! You get a legendary! But not you cuz the guy with 4 hours of play time got his even though you have 20 days played' But don't worry! You can equip 2 in about two days.
-Class Balancing 'as a shadow priest i support this message. as a person who has to use surrender to madness, dear god'
-Garrisons 2.0. Don't deny it, they're garrisons 2.0. 'But you get a quest that takes you into the world!' Yeah, bull, you get one of those about once a week, or week and a half. The others are just the same gold/follower gear/rep. 'But, there's people running around!' People that I don't talk to at all? People that are only there for the reason I am: To check my missions once-twice a day, and grab their AK every 3 days.
-Alts. Don't bother leveling one. You can barely keep up with everything on one character, let alone two, unless you plan on switching mains. Hopefully 7.1 is gonna fix some of this.

The only thing keeping me here is my guild, or else I'd just play ESO
At least there's content :)

It's just not any good
Hmmm.. People have raised valid points about legion
both good and bad.I agree the class balancing is poor,but apart from that I like the expansion.
Yes some gear looks drab on its own,yes there are irritating bugs in the game etc,but there is plenty to keep me interested and entertained for now.
TL DR: A few bugs and class balance are minuses
but I like the xpac.
Its further troubling that 7.1 still seems devoid of a lot of much needed balancing.

I guess they'll just wait until the last minute so we can all grab our pitch forks and scramble to try to talk sense into them after they **** stuff up even more.
10/08/2016 04:59 PMPosted by Virus
This is my main issue because its bleeding into every aspect of the game, can barely get into mythic+ dungeons because of afflictions terrible damage and that's holding me back from gearing up for normal+ raiding, not sure people are taking affliction locks but I actually wanted to give it a go again this expansion :(

I don't understand how they got class/spec balance so wrong, and they actually did a tuning pass and gave us a woefully inadequate 10% buff when even a 20% or 25% would have barely put us into the middle of the pack.

I don't get how they're so terrible at their jobs (the people responsible for tuning), or is it intentional?

[/quote]

You have 2 viable specs, you have no right to talk about class balance. DK's are the worst tanks and the worst dps. Warriors are unable to dps due to how !@#$ they are at it. There are so many classes that are so much worse off than warlocks.
Yep, honeymoon is long gone. I'm back to playing LoL at this point. Least they have a semblance of how to balance (I think they're better at it at least).

I'm also giving them my money now instead of blizzard. They don't want to listen to people, pull knee jerk nerfs, force us to live in RNG hell. Fine, no more money for you.

To top that off....what they did to alts is absolutely disgusting. I never thought they could top a WoD failure until we get to talking about alts. Just stupid.
RNG Loot is the worst. I dont have the motivation or the time to farm mythic+ day in and day out to remain competitive with those who do.
10/08/2016 05:02 PMPosted by Deezle
Yep honeymoon over here too. For all of those points you brought up.

Is wow in maintenance mode? I feel like this expansion is super buggy like it was just thrown together.

And they didn't even attempt to hide the terrible subscription lengthening time gates.

This is my biggest problem, everything is gated. They add a bunch of new features like world quests and class halls and reps, but they add gates to literally everything. Nothing feels fun when I can only do so much a day. I get that its for longer sub times but they try to hide that fact and tell us we should think its fun instead.

Everything feels unrewarding too, I can barely bother with world quests anymore, the gear sucks, order resources and gold are worhtless to me. The AP I've just come to the fact that I will get it eventually after gaining knowledge.
Honey moon is over...
The classes them selves seems completely basic....
I've leveled 4 alts right now to 110 trying to find that one spec to click with me but none have ( so far )
When i log in and check out my characters i log in and then tab out... losing interest
The burnout is real, at least in the guild I'm joined in. First 3 weeks of Legion the people are around 60-70 on non-peak hours. Now its back to around 8-10 on non-peak.
Two big aspects of WoW (for me) have been alts, and tradeskills. So you can imagine my "take" on Legion.