Smartest villains in WoW.

Story Forum
10/18/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Biraelenn
Dude was outsmarted by Garrosh

It was more like, he didn't really understand Garrosh. He thought Garrosh was in it for nothing but glory, but it turned out that Garrosh valued glory within his ideal version of the Horde. Kairoz showed Garrosh this ideal and then talked about how it would just become one of many copies of the same force. Something that didn't fit Garrosh's ideal or granted much glory. So Garrosh backstabbed him(which isn't really outsmarting him).
Sylvanas. She's got the writers (media) in her pocket, man! Making all the sheeple believe that Jaina is a bigger threat than her.
10/19/2016 02:30 AMPosted by Madelynn
Sylvanas. She's got the writers (media) in her pocket, man! Making all the sheeple believe that Jaina is a bigger threat than her.

She's outplayed Cdev and Players alike. Poor Azeroth don't stand a chance.
10/19/2016 04:48 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
10/19/2016 02:30 AMPosted by Madelynn

She's outplayed Cdev and Players alike. Poor Azeroth don't stand a chance.

She doesnt count. She is not a Villain
10/18/2016 08:04 PMPosted by Biraelenn
Dude was outsmarted by Garrosh
Kairoz's death will forever remain one of the most disappointing as far as what I've seen. Really neuters my idea of dragons in Warcraft when all it apparently takes is stabbing them in the back in human form. Heck, Deathwing should've just had snipers take out the Aspects as they spent so much time in human form on top of Wyrmrest temple.
Whatever random Twilight cultist decided to kill a bunch of druids and blame the Horde for it. Not only did everyone, including the Horde, think that the Horde (or more accurately, Garrosh) actually did it, but they also hold the record for percentage of successful military operations by a wide margin.
10/18/2016 05:56 PMPosted by Biraelenn
So im still going to say Garrosh.

In Wolfheart, He outsmarts Tyrande and Shandris both Veteran Generals while fighting in Ashenvale.

In ToW, He outsmarts the Alliance in Theramore and off the coasts of Kalimdor.

He also outplayed the Sunreavers and Jaina at the same time with the whole Divine Bell heist incident.
10/19/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Kelrexia
Whatever random Twilight cultist decided to kill a bunch of druids and blame the Horde for it. Not only did everyone, including the Horde, think that the Horde (or more accurately, Garrosh) actually did it, but they also hold the record for percentage of successful military operations by a wide margin.

Eh? What are you referring to here, because Garrosh did indirectly kill a bunch of druids with that whole massive bomb thing
10/19/2016 11:10 AMPosted by Gashy
10/19/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Kelrexia

Eh? What are you referring to here, because Garrosh did indirectly kill a bunch of druids with that whole massive bomb thing
Prior to Cataclysm the Night Elves were withholding trade from the Orcs due to the events of Wrathgate. Cultists killed and desecrated a bunch of Elves. This happened right before Garrosh took over, or right after, I think. Everyone assumed he did it and it incited Baine to challenge him to their honor duel. I don't think the elves were noted as being specifically druids. I assume this is what he means.
I've seen Millhouse Manastorm mentioned here, but no mentioned of Venessa Vancleef.

She's definitely more clever than some of the low level bosses for her to survive this long.
10/17/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Phlynch
All of those have been killed and/or thwarted.

The smartest villain is Azshara. Since she's underwater and we can't be she can attack us all she wants and the most we can do is push her back.

And since she only ever strikes while another threat is present we take out the other threat and consider that a victory, even though we haven't done anything to stop her with any permanence.

We have yet to deal with N'Zoth who is signing her paycheck.
10/19/2016 11:16 AMPosted by Irenaus
Everyone assumed he did it and it incited Baine to challenge him to their honor duel. I don't think the elves were noted as being specifically druids. I assume this is what he means.

Actually it was Cairne who challenged Garrosh not Baine.

The Twilight's Hammer tore the Horde apart and alienated them from the Night Elves and had one of their spies(Sauranok the Mystic) in Garrosh's ear since WotLK.

Everything the Old Gods did in Cataclysm and WotLK was intended to bring about either the Hour of Twilight or that failed: the Legion Expansion as Il'gynoth himself confirmed.

Everything the Twilight's Hammer did involving the Horde prior to Sauranok the Mystic's death(I don't think they did anything with the Horde aside from Thrall following that event) was intended to set things up for MoP, WoD and Legion.
Many of the dead villians seemed pretty smart, but we brute force plowed through their plans. C'thun made the most of being mostly dead and has had several good plans. It used being locked behind an invincible barrier by dragons to build up a massive army. It created a giant eye that would mind control any dragon that came near it to trap them when they came at him again. Then when mortals (who it wasn't prepped to MC) "killed" it, it still had followers resurrecting it soon after.
10/19/2016 05:07 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Many of the dead villians seemed pretty smart, but we brute force plowed through their plans. C'thun made the most of being mostly dead and has had several good plans. It used being locked behind an invincible barrier by dragons to build up a massive army. It created a giant eye that would mind control any dragon that came near it to trap them when they came at him again. Then when mortals (who it wasn't prepped to MC) "killed" it, it still had followers resurrecting it soon after.

Well Garrosh only lost because the Horde PC betrayed him.
10/19/2016 11:16 AMPosted by Irenaus
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Prior to Cataclysm the Night Elves were withholding trade from the Orcs due to the events of Wrathgate. Cultists killed and desecrated a bunch of Elves. This happened right before Garrosh took over, or right after, I think. Everyone assumed he did it and it incited Baine to challenge him to their honor duel. I don't think the elves were noted as being specifically druids. I assume this is what he means.

That was part of it, but the killing and skinning of night elves caused the tauren to set up a meeting to discuss things, and all those at the meeting were killed except for Hamuul Runetotem.

And it was Cairne that challenged Garrosh.

This is in the Shattering novel btw