WPVP

Hunter
ok I'm having trouble in wpvp any suggestions I would appreciate. any other toon that attacks me just melts me rogues global me warlocks priest just melt me. I'm not a complete noob but wow am I weak right now. but in Bg's I do ok not nearly as squishy? any suggestions?
Your gear is !@#$.

Your stats are normalized in a BG.

Basically the enemy has a stat advantage in world pvp, and the advantage isn't as large in bgs.

Also, other effects such as trinkets and legendaries do not work in bgs.
Being outgeared is a thing in wpvp, and abilities don't have reduced stats, so your getting hit with full pve power abilities.

In instanced pvp most class abilities are tuned down. My sub rogue has hit 1.1 mil evis is pve. That's a huge Chunk of your life.
Are bm hunters good in wpvp when they are equally geared?
so I'm wasting my time gearing up? screw blizzard if I have to pve to pvp
10/06/2016 07:29 PMPosted by Dieyoung

If your end game is instanced pvp, gear makes much less difference there. For instanced pvp every 1 ilvl increase is a .1% increase to your template stats.

The cool thing here is that you don't worry about stackjng according to stat wieghts. An 850 vers trinket > 845 mastery trink for instanced pvp. You just put on w/e has higher ilvl because game doesn't even look at stats, just ilvl.

Pvp is really melee friendly atm, and being stunned is your worst case scenario as hunter. For unrated BG's I keep a stack of living action potions on me, its an old vanilla recipe but still works at 110. It removes stun/snare and makes you immune to those for 3 seconds. 1min cd -> doesn't effect normal potion cooldown. It is nearly another glad trink.

If world pvp is your end game, yes your going to need to pve a lot more to pvp.
screw blizzard if I have to pve to pvp

This.

There's also no way to get decent gear as a solo player anymore. Up till the end of WoD, you could earn the gear you needed to survive in WPVP by persistently doing random BGs. That's over with. There are now two ways to get good gear, and both of them involve working with a group: Do end-game PVE content, or by an exceptional PVPer.

I've been playing this game since BC, and things have generally gotten better or stayed the same from expansion to expansion. This is the first time that I feel completely disenfranchised as a solo WPVP player.

This may sound stupid, but I actually feel sad.

EXACTLY THIS. RIP WOW.
i would just like to add that as a casual player, you need to work hard to get 2k rating in PvP to obtain decent gear, however in PvE, any muppet can get mythic gear and then out in the world doing WQs etc, there is a massive gear advantage.

Blizz have lost the plot. many of us have spent thousands of dollars over the years to fund this crap.
12/16/2016 09:19 PMPosted by Saralonde
i would just like to add that as a casual player, you need to work hard to get 2k rating in PvP to obtain decent gear, however in PvE, any muppet can get mythic gear and then out in the world doing WQs etc, there is a massive gear advantage.

Blizz have lost the plot. many of us have spent thousands of dollars over the years to fund this crap.

I dare you, i double dare you MF, Do mythic ToV ....

THAT is the whole point of WPVP, to be imbalanced AF, thats what makes it fun... if you want "balanced" (in blizz !@#$ed up terms) do 3's... if not? let rogues have fun in wpvp, or hunters or w/e
12/16/2016 11:18 PMPosted by Malkius
12/16/2016 09:19 PMPosted by Saralonde

THAT is the whole point of WPVP, to be imbalanced AF, thats what makes it fun... if you want "balanced" (in blizz !@#$ed up terms) do 3's... if not? let rogues have fun in wpvp, or hunters or w/e

I'll rewrite that for you; let classes with self heals, on demand burst and sustain have fun in wpvp.

Hunter, and Warrior, doesn't fall into that category.
12/16/2016 11:18 PMPosted by Malkius

i would rather watch paint dry