WHY IS IT WITHERED JIM AGAIN??

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
10/11/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

Something went a bit awry with our World Boss rotation this week, and we're aware that J'im is active again. Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation so we don't have encore situations like this one with our good friend J'im.

We don't have any plans to change anything this time around, but going forward we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.

Awry..

Is that why Jim was announced yesterday on MMO Champion as the boss for the week?
Hey all,

Something went a bit awry with our World Boss rotation this week, and we're aware that J'im is active again. Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation so we don't have encore situations like this one with our good friend J'im.

We don't have any plans to change anything this time around, but going forward we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.

Now that I've killed and looted J'im for the week, I actually think you guys should go ahead and fix it pronto. ;;;;;)))))
Hey all,

thanks for acknowledging this!
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind,
You don't pull the mask of that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with J'im.
10/11/2016 12:02 PMPosted by Galorirn
Hey all,

Awry..

Is that why Jim was announced yesterday on MMO Champion as the boss for the week?

Not sure what your point is, but it was not intended, no.

10/11/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Nixxia
Hey all,

Now that I've killed and looted J'im for the week, I actually think you guys should go ahead and fix it pronto. ;;;;;)))))

Same, tbh. ;)
Hey all,

So in other words, you guys have no actual interest in doing anything about such an obvious problem when you can just go "oops our bad deal with it."
Thanks for showing the community how much you (don't) care about the quality of your product.
Hey all,

More RNG eh?
Hey all,

Any chance US could also get Kosumoth to give up his mount instead of a 5th pet? :(

10/11/2016 12:07 PMPosted by Alfador
So in other words, you guys have no actual interest in doing anything about such an obvious problem when you can just go "oops our bad deal with it."
Thanks for showing the community how much you (don't) care about the quality of your product.

He means to say "we can't do anything about it this week", and it's true. If he did, it would screw over people who didn't already do the boss and give people who did do the boss a nice boost (2 World Boss WQs in a single week).
Same, tbh. ;)

On a more unrelated topic, is it also intended that the Kosumoth World Quest is rewarding the Hungering Claw for yet another two week rotation? I know many, many players would like to obtain the Fathom Dweller mount.
Hey all,

what your programmers dont know how to use a select case code option so that it is random but goes through 1-8 world bosses first before it restarts...
Hey all,

Thanks Ornyx. As always you come through with the info! :D
Hey all,

I'm guessing this "something" also affected other world quests?

When I logged in right after reset, my eye of azshara world quest reward was an awesome tank trinket...

I logged out and went to work. I logged back in (about an hour later) and the same world quest was now giving me worthless boots.

I'm.... kinda annoyed.
Hey all,

This makes me feel a lot better, thank you. Still bitter about the Warmace but I understand there's not much you can do about Jim at this point.
they probably did Jim again because the first time it was a total cluster-f of lag and bugs and horribly implemented CRZ

they want to load test their fixes

that's my guess

but yeah, I was surprised
I love this boss, Marks Hunters can out range his debuff so he dies really fast.

What do you propose they do to 'fix' it?

The cat is out of the bag. You aren't getting the cat back in the bag. Not without a lot of scratches, anyhow.

10/11/2016 12:09 PMPosted by Greyvax
I think it's because a bunch of people already killed it and got loot and they'd get to double dip in world boss loot for the week as opposed to all of the rest of folks stuck at work.

Exactly. It's too late.

I think it's because a bunch of people already killed it and got loot and they'd get to double dip in world boss loot for the week as opposed to all of the rest of folks stuck at work.
Can you go ahead and make sure the legendary drop chance/code is working as intended?
Hey all,

In my mind fixing it now that it's live would be a bad experience for people who have already killed him, or an even worse experience for those that didn't kill J'im while he was up (if they got to kill two bosses in a week).