Patch notes are out

Shaman
Shaman

Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits now all have totem timers.
Earthquake Totem has been renamed to Earthquake and no longer summons a totem.
Torrent now provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 40%).

Elemental
Earth Shock damage increased by 15%.
Frost Shock damage increased by 15%.
Stormkeeper now also makes the affected Lightning Bolts and Chain Lightning instant.
Stormkeeper now has a 1.5 second cast time.

Okay, so. We got our Earth Shock buff. Not as much as I hoped but it will at least let me make the Ursoc dps check.
i see the ball park the fire mages are in

one day i play with the big boys. nwo to see how much this really affects us which imo doesnt seem like a lot
Yeah, I'm just rerolling.
ROFL, it's laughable how little elemental is given, but when they nerf mages they drop the 11% pyro nerf to 6% and throw in an aoe buff to compensate them.

Class f-ing favortism. What a joke.
Hopefully... this is just what they could fit in under the wire.
Lol ok I'm done, gonna level my destro lock because clearly ele isn't allowed to be good.
lol these changes are a joke. Elemental still gonna be at the bottom.
So if earth shock is currently contributing between 8 - 15% of our total damage output, we can expect this buff to increase our single target damage output by 1.2 - 2.2%.

If you compare it to the artifact trait, this buff is equivalent to 3.75 artifact traits.

We also got some QoL changes, most notably to earthquake. The artifact ability isn't really any more interesting or interactive than it was before.

I'm sure someone will post the math on icefury at some point, although I doubt it will overtake PE.

I think we'd be happier if blizzard just came out and said they wanted to test some of the many different changes for elemental that have been suggested, but simply didn't have the time. Instead it just looks like they spent a lot of time on mage/warlock balance and gave us a token buff without putting any effort into it.
Thank god !@#$ing EQ is now not a totem, i can't stand it being a totem.
Been telling my elemental brothers and sisters to reroll mage..... The grass IS greener over here.

Or more on fire, or frozen or tingling with arcane energies.

Either way mages have much better grass for ranged dps.

Makes me sad as im AK 10 on the shaman... and 2 on the mage, But i pull better dps as fire and arcane single target than I do on my shaman that out ilevels my mage by 35 lol
I mean think about it they rolled us out at launch missing 27% LB/CL dmg 5%LvB dmg15% ES and 20%FS dmg and we are still going to be weak af. That like saying hey elementals have fun playing with a 20% debuff to your dmg and tbh i believe it to be about a 30% intentional gimp by these devs
Mage has bloodlust, better version of purge, better sheep ( used to have curse dispel) and obviously better dps and mobility. I cant see class favoritism anywhere pls help.
So... a 1 sec discount on Lightning Bolt every minute, and a 1.5% overall damage buff through Earth Shock.

Frost Shock value hasn't change relative to Earth Shock. I doubt it'll be enough to make Icefury more attractive than Primal Elementalist. The buff to Frost Shock simply maintains the balance between two shocks.

In other news, the pet summons get a totem timer and Earthquakes are now more difficult to count.

This is laughable only because I would otherwise cry.
I don't play Ele, but I used to. What would have been a better fix (LB buff)?
10/24/2016 03:07 PMPosted by Tuskini
Shaman

Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits now all have totem timers.
Earthquake Totem has been renamed to Earthquake and no longer summons a totem.
Torrent now provides a 30% bonus to Riptide’s initial heal (was 40%).

Elemental
Earth Shock damage increased by 15%.
Frost Shock damage increased by 15%.
Stormkeeper now also makes the affected Lightning Bolts and Chain Lightning instant.
Stormkeeper now has a 1.5 second cast time.

Okay, so. We got our Earth Shock buff. Not as much as I hoped but it will at least let me make the Ursoc dps check.

The only explanation i can come up with for these buffs, is that they are balancing elemental around 2 legendaries, the boots and shoulders... which no one has, and i think i will never get...
If EQ is not a totem does that mean we can have more than 4 EQ"s out at one time? If that's the case I may spec into aftershock and spam the good spam of EQ
10/24/2016 04:29 PMPosted by Gylisha
I don't play Ele, but I used to. What would have been a better fix (LB buff)?

They want to keep LR and Ascendance close to each other in terms of single target dps. Buffing either LB or LvB alone would make one better than the other and would force players to take one over the other instead of leaving it to preference.

The ES buff was needed, we just wanted a little bit more attention than what we received.
Does this mean Earthbind being back on the PTR is an accident, or just not included in the notes?

Cuz it's really, federally nice having it back. :/
I understand they don't want to over buff. They also need to be careful because elemental has a lot of synergies and a buff could quickly end up overcompensating.

Don't stop giving honest feedback and remember that these bugs are on the context of nerfs to mage single target and hunter single target as well.

I agree these buffs fall short, but it's a move in the right direction. Looks like a 2% single target buff based on this parse from #100 ranked ursoc ele sham
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DLWTGAFkaq2YmyrX#fight=5&type=damage-done&start=3312666&end=3619952&source=10
They could buff LR, LB, and LvB by small amounts to keep the balance fairly equal between them and Ascendance and still not cause us to be overpowered. Someone at Blizzard:
  • Doesn't understand
  • Isn't listening
  • Doesn't care

Pick among the above options. No option excludes another.