Today is the lowest day for WoW for me

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Well, a swing and a miss. I was wrong in the way I presented this and came across poorly to say the least. The closet door to the skeleton is open in replies if you really want to see what I had said. The prevailing theams from the replies were the ones where I was coming across as a child when I am (years wise anyway) many many years ago though I did act the fool; that I want some kind of hand out, not the case since they don't let you sleep walk to justicar and other PVP titles; that I was off base: correct. We got caught up in the excitement and whiffed on the mythic part.

My son, when he got home from school: "That stinks. Hey, you want to make new leve ones?"
Tl;dr
If I was Alliance, I'd help you guys out :(
I'm not a mythic raider either and I can't tell what the heck you're complaining about.

Is it that Kara is a mythic dungeon or something?

I'm sorry you apparently don't have any friends at all to make your own group with.
Because that's really the only thing I can get from this wall of complaining.
You watched all the hype about it and somehow never noticed that it was mythic only dungeon, something that was made public months ago?

....uh huh
If only there was some way to get gear these days without stepping foot into an intance. . .
10/25/2016 10:21 AMPosted by Huntersson
For weeks my son and I have been planning on doing Kara today. He is young, but he managed to get a DH to 110 and has 820s gear. We have talked about, watched all the hype about it, waited for the big day and BAM we are not good enough.

You see, we are not mythic raiders. Heck we are not mythic anything, but we know what to do in the casual department just fine. Apparently that is not good enough any more. His account has 36 hours on it and guess what, and I know everyone says this, but Blizzard you have absolutely dropped the ball here.

If it was a private party why in the heck did you tell us about how great it was going to be since we were never really invited?

Screw you Blizzard. The only reason we play now is artifact power, ramdon BGs which is very broken in and of itself, I doubt you will have the belly to even step up to plate to field this question.

Oh, and don't hide behind "didn't you read on patch note 12.2.5.23.12 where we said this would be the case?

No, we didn't, but we did buy the mana saber, the game months in advance like I have the last five expansions, the videos (again very enticing), and all the other things one does when they think they are buying something they will get on the date it is being advertised to be available.

On those patch notes, perhaps if you had a better grip all together you would not be in a constant state of repair of your game and perhaps think "hey guys, you know it really looks like we are opening 7.1 next week with all this Kara stuff, do you think we should pull it out of abscurity that it will just be for the better players".

Nope

How about next PVP season we start out with a month of arena only before random BGs appear. You know, like release mythic before LFR. How many PVPers out there would be spending their days in arena as opposed to the ones that already do? Not many.

Lastly, I know I am not an outstanding player. A stoke sidelined be a few years ago from competitive PVP and I was never a raider. I also know that there will be a bunch of people reply to this that I need to L2P. Again, I already know how to play, and that is to have fun, which as of now, I have little hope of seeing return to this game until the mindset allows the vast majority of the people whose pay depends on us "casuals" to clear at the end of the month.

Go ahead Blizzard, I double Dawg dare you to explain how an abstract thing like having to form your own party of fellow best players, a system that is tied to nothing concrete, e.g. ILV, level, or anything other than the fact that they are better than everyone else.

Why would everyone else continue to buy into this system?

Not all content is made for everyone.

If you can't do mythic, then you might not deserve to be in there. If you have a problem with iLevel, I don't know how to help you. I did world quests and got my ilvl to 840. If you do LFR, you can get 835 that procs to potentially 885. If you look for the weekly world boss, you get 860. If you did some timewalking, you got an 860.

Please don't complain just to complain. There were solutions for you have a higher ilvl to participate in Karazhan. Mythic dungeons are not hard, and while your stroke is a situation in which I have empathy, it is possible that the content is not for you.
When Blizzard decided to create most of 7.1 as mythic only, they were trying to create something like this..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6alwm0Sjb08/VTgOKqgxU0I/AAAAAAAAeSc/uKjUrv7dkaQ/s1600/11098580_1563460217236135_928203292_n.jpg
I love mythic dungeons a lot. I can't have enough of them to do.

And I am a mere casual.
Its dungeon, stop blowing it out of proportion. Doing endgame dungeons has always required more than just hitting max level.

You and your son are not special as I'm sure you could find someone with a similar work schedule playing with their children and still doing the dungeon.

So good luck, stop running to the forums every time the game challenges you.
Your son is a noob
10/25/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Shirt
I'm not a mythic raider either and I can't tell what the heck you're complaining about.

Is it that Kara is a mythic dungeon or something?

I'm sorry you apparently don't have any friends at all to make your own group with.
Because that's really the only thing I can get from this wall of complaining.

Exactly, hey im a parent, and I like complaining about stuff until I get my way, not try to show my son with hard work comes rewards. Nope, this "father" wants to show his son how he gets his way, by complaining and whining to someone because its unfair, way to parent brah.
10/25/2016 10:25 AMPosted by Drayzen
For weeks my son and I have been planning on doing Kara today. He is young, but he managed to get a DH to 110 and has 820s gear. We have talked about, watched all the hype about it, waited for the big day and BAM we are not good enough.

You see, we are not mythic raiders. Heck we are not mythic anything, but we know what to do in the casual department just fine. Apparently that is not good enough any more. His account has 36 hours on it and guess what, and I know everyone says this, but Blizzard you have absolutely dropped the ball here.

If it was a private party why in the heck did you tell us about how great it was going to be since we were never really invited?

Screw you Blizzard. The only reason we play now is artifact power, ramdon BGs which is very broken in and of itself, I doubt you will have the belly to even step up to plate to field this question.

Oh, and don't hide behind "didn't you read on patch note 12.2.5.23.12 where we said this would be the case?

No, we didn't, but we did buy the mana saber, the game months in advance like I have the last five expansions, the videos (again very enticing), and all the other things one does when they think they are buying something they will get on the date it is being advertised to be available.

On those patch notes, perhaps if you had a better grip all together you would not be in a constant state of repair of your game and perhaps think "hey guys, you know it really looks like we are opening 7.1 next week with all this Kara stuff, do you think we should pull it out of abscurity that it will just be for the better players".

Nope

How about next PVP season we start out with a month of arena only before random BGs appear. You know, like release mythic before LFR. How many PVPers out there would be spending their days in arena as opposed to the ones that already do? Not many.

Lastly, I know I am not an outstanding player. A stoke sidelined be a few years ago from competitive PVP and I was never a raider. I also know that there will be a bunch of people reply to this that I need to L2P. Again, I already know how to play, and that is to have fun, which as of now, I have little hope of seeing return to this game until the mindset allows the vast majority of the people whose pay depends on us "casuals" to clear at the end of the month.

Go ahead Blizzard, I double Dawg dare you to explain how an abstract thing like having to form your own party of fellow best players, a system that is tied to nothing concrete, e.g. ILV, level, or anything other than the fact that they are better than everyone else.

Why would everyone else continue to buy into this system?

Not all content is made for everyone.

If you can't do mythic, then you might not deserve to be in there. If you have a problem with iLevel, I don't know how to help you. I did world quests and got my ilvl to 840. If you do LFR, you can get 835 that procs to potentially 885. If you look for the weekly world boss, you get 860. If you did some timewalking, you got an 860.

Please don't complain just to complain. There were solutions for you have a higher ilvl to participate in Karazhan. Mythic dungeons are not hard, and while your stroke is a situation in which I have empathy, it is possible that the content is not for you.

If it's not content for him and players that enjoy the game at his skill level why is he paying a sub to develop it? Every player should get to enjoy the content they pay development for in my opinion.
Sorry Op but you had plenty of time to know about 7.1. It was all over the Forums that, since you know how to post on, you could have read up and known about it. And what is so abstract with the Patch notes? And what is the current state of the game? I think the game is pretty damn good, I am able to play with minimal issues...

As for your post, pretty abstract yourself rambling on about what?

For Grouping, you can make your own group within the Dungeon tool.

Gear is not that hard to get, Run Heroics and WQs.

Edit: To add, he pays for access to the game only. As Blizzard states content etc is subject to change.
This is not you typical stupidity...
This is advanced stupidity!
You have thousands of information sources, months in advance ,and you are the only one to blame for not seeking information.
10/25/2016 10:29 AMPosted by Bagelheaven
Exactly, hey im a parent, and I like complaining about stuff until I get my way, not try to show my son with hard work comes rewards. Nope, this "father" wants to show his son how he gets his way, by complaining and whining to someone because its unfair, way to parent brah.

So you are questioning the parenting skills of others by showing your kids the value of hard work by pouring countless hours into WoW? Seems legit.
It only just come out today, keep playing and I guarantee you'll see it before the expac is over. For perspectiveI think in BC I didn't see original Kara for like 6 months maybe. I played alts, and pvped and did other stuff than dungeons and attunements and raiding.

We all play at our own pace.

As for random bgs, yeah, the queue and the number of bgs makes it not fun for me. I think they need a new way to encourage pvpers to do specific bgs each day. Like you get bonuses for doing each individual bg you do once a day, with the more you do, the bigger the reward. Or you get a guaranteed mark of honor if you do 3 different bgs each day.

Cause as it stands, it's too random to care about the objectives of each map consistently. Too many players just don't like certain maps, so they give up on them, or just play for hks or something.
I'm confused what the issue is. Are you upset that your Ilvl is too low? i see you're 850, the requirement is around 840.

Are you upset that Mythics are required for attunement? Mythics are not much harder than Heroics, and you and your son could easily do them for Kara, which is a mythic dungeon as well...so that's better preparing you for what's to come.

You as a father should me more mature about this; what are you teaching your child and others coming here and complaining like you are? You should know that you need to work hard to reach goals. Work with your son in getting better gear so you two can enjoy doing Kara together. I'm seriously jealous of you; I'd love to have a son that I could teach to play video games like this together with.

Get yourself together, you look really sad.
OP

Mythic dungeons are not that hard. Most casual players avoid it based on perception rather then actual inability to do them. That's to say the barrier of entry is probably not as high as you think it is.

It's not like raids where you have to be willing to dedicate a few hours 1-3 times a week in order to get anywhere.
For weeks my son and I have been planning on doing Kara today. He is young, but he managed to get a DH to 110 and has 820s gear. We have talked about, watched all the hype about it, waited for the big day and BAM we are not good enough..

First of all ilvl 820 is not high enough for Kara.
Second if you read all the hype you would have seen "mythic" over and over.
Third..nothing says you have to do it today or it's shut out.

What I suggest is that you and your son do WQ and LFG and gear up a bit better.
ilvl 840 is what you need for kara since the first few bosses drop 850.

Then, when you both are geared, look in group finder for the "chill groups" or "learning groups" to do the mythic dungeons for attunement.

Kara is NOT unattainable for casuals.

There's also a discord community formed for running mythic dungeons and forming progression groups.

Read this link and join:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749827770

Don't just give up that easy. You made it this far. Put a little effort in now to get into that friendly group.