Druid Hidden Artifact - Feral Screeches

Bug Report
1 2 3 6 Next
12 days ago the feral screech event was hotfixed. Since then, I have only gotten one screech. It was on the day of the fix.

Many others are also in this situation. It is incredibly frustrating. It seems like something is wrong.
I just got mine towards the Feralas Gateway but here's the real kicker. I never found the Owlcat stone. And what's worse, the /dump script says its not active! What gives!? This is about two weeks in since I have gotten a screech and I am getting impossible standards of not being able to get this Hidden Artifact appearance?

I know I am sounding irrational or upset but if I have to look at other classes Hidden Appearances and compare to the druid's. This is by far the most tedious I have ever experience, if not calling it outright buggy. If I got a screech, I am expected to find a Owlcat Stone to touch, not to have the game tell me via /dump to say its not active at all.
Maybe it's only bugged for female worgen. Lol. Truly we are cursed.
It would make it so much easier if Blizzard would just come out and tell us what the deal is, at least that way I know they did something wrong and I'll be more polite about accepting it. I know for sure that their Hotfix for this hidden artifact is NOT working as intended and that's what is infuriating. Just waiting a day each time for a screech is dreadfully unfair as it but to not be able to get to the stone is another whole level it being unbelievable.

Neither is me going to accept the typical, "Check wowhead for information". I swear, if I get that again in the near future. Its not gonna make me a happy player...
Druids are always at the end of the list to fix =b remember the bird form glitch where you fell to your death when logging in.
That never happened to me actually, it was funny but also sad at the same time...
10/09/2016 10:30 AMPosted by Shiftia
12 days ago the feral screech event was hotfixed. Since then, I have only gotten one screech. It was on the day of the fix.

Many others are also in this situation. It is incredibly frustrating. It seems like something is wrong.
Same situation here!
Same boat here but not a worgen. I keep thinking my RNG cannot be THAT bad. Since it was bugged before, I also do not see why it cannot be bugged again.
10/09/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Rosemane
I just got mine towards the Feralas Gateway but here's the real kicker. I never found the Owlcat stone. And what's worse, the /dump script says its not active! What gives!? This is about two weeks in since I have gotten a screech and I am getting impossible standards of not being able to get this Hidden Artifact appearance?

I know I am sounding irrational or upset but if I have to look at other classes Hidden Appearances and compare to the druid's. This is by far the most tedious I have ever experience, if not calling it outright buggy. If I got a screech, I am expected to find a Owlcat Stone to touch, not to have the game tell me via /dump to say its not active at all.

SAME THING just happened to me on my Druid and it's so frustrating. I've tried relogging/reloading, entering and exiting, and even just looking for it regardless but when the dump comes back false, even after the screech, I'm guessing there's nothing to be done.
10/09/2016 10:30 AMPosted by Shiftia

Exact same situation is happening to me. It's very frustrating when other classes can at least farm for theirs but I log in every day only to find no event.
Same issue here. Got one screech about 9 days ago, and have had nothing since then. It's annoying seeing people complain about their farming luck when all we can do is check once a day and be disappointed. Would really like to see this fixed soon.
Got a reply from a GM confirming that devs are monitoring this issue.
Same issue here. Got feralas screech 17 days ago and the progress was reset. Did not receive a screech until yesterday when I got the hinterlands screech and stone. I have to go on vacation so I hope that my progress is saved and that it doesn't take another 15 days to receive the other two screeches. It's really frustrated when you put your heart in feral and someone else can get this awesome skin in 3 days and you're stuck waiting for no reason.
GMs are confirming it's bugged with multiple people over the past 2 weeks, but no word from Blue's other than things are "working as intended". This is the most frustrating part. At least acknowledge to people that they're not going crazy, it's actually bugged.
same here, i just got Answered by a GM after i open a ticket

Howdy. This is Game Master Strybur from customer support. The topic doesn't really matter all that much when it comes to any questions or inquiries regarding the hidden appearances in the game. We are unable to confirm, deny, and/or discuss any aspects of the hidden appearances in Legion, regardless of the context or situation. After all, they are designed to be a mystery and left up to the community to discover and figure out on their own. So that's simply one can of worms that we won't be opening up and running the risk of leaking or setting that expectation with the community.

With that being said, I can inform you that at this time, there aren't any known issues with the hidden appearances in our games. That's not to say such reports aren't possible. It just implies that according to our developers and QA team everything is currently working as intended with them.

So if you suspect that you might have stumbled across a bug report, which it sounds like you have, then we need to get it to the developers and QA team so they can investigate. I'll send along what I have from your ticket, but I'd also encourage you to use the "Submit Bug" report as well. Especially if you come up with any other examples or possible test cases for them to look into. Why? Well, because the "Submit Bug" report from in-game actually goes directly to the developers and QA team to begin with so that they can get right to work on it. As compared to going through the main ticket queues like we did in this case, just to have it forwarded on. Not that we mind doing so or anything like that, it's just a more indirect route and we would rather get it fixed as soon as possible if there are any issues taking place. So using the "Submit Bug" report ends up shaving off some extra time on a possible resolution by cutting out the middle man.

Either way, it's all good and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We don't have any updates or workarounds available at this time though. I hope you have a great day though and best of luck in your efforts to pick up that hidden appearance.
got my owlcat skin -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MptV3H1qxO4
Seems to be a large number of players in the same boat.

I had my first screech (Feralas) early last month. After touching the stone, which happened to be right behind the plateau that the portal is built upon, I checked the forums to see what it was leading to, since I hadn't read anything about the hidden appearance.

After finding the early discussions about the potential steps for unlocking the appearance, I assumed I was on the right track. The next week brought a screech for Duskwood, stone interacted with, and a true flag for completed again.

After this the next screech was for Duskwood again, which was a little confusing, but no one had confirmed unlocking the appearance yet so I think took that to mean that I was in the same boat as being well on the way with just a little more favorable RNG to get the last stone flagged aa true.

Then came the first reports of people unlocking their appearance. At the same time, I received the screech for Hinterlands. I was stoked that I had finally reached the end of the little journey, since I'd followed the same steps that were confirmed to result in completing the quest.

I entered the portal, found the stone, and interacted with it. Confirming that I got the true flag, I ran back to the portal to return to where I expected the NPC to spawn.

No such luck. Going back to wowhead, I found new posts relating the same experience. Like many other frustrated players I opened a ticket to get some feedback on what steps needed to be taken to fix things. The response was the same as has been shared here.

I thought it was just going to be a matter of waiting for the next screech to finally complete the Feralas stone a second time and get the new skin.

Around 11 days on now and no emotes have popped up. The flag for Feralas also now reads false despite having been completed as true when I received the first screech.

Since people that have started the quest more recently have been able to complete it, and feedback has indicated that some hot fix or known bug is currently present, I really hope it is addressed soon. We realize that the implementation of these quests is complex, and likely coupled in a way that requires extra care to make sure more bugs don't propagate as a result of individual changes. But that doesn't change the circumstances where people that have completed all the steps required to unlock an artifact appearance are impacted beyond their control. Having to push a bug fix is perfectly acceptable, even expected for any large software system, but it shouldn't penalize the progress made by players that start the quest before that. Appearances might be a superficial feature in the game, but just like mounts they are part of the appeal that motivates some players to continue subscribing to and playing WoW.
Today is day 13 for me with no screech.
Same for me, only feralas touch around 13 days
Me too, touched 3 of them before the "bugfix". Now i only have hinterlands and that was like 13 days ago