Return to Karazhan reset on rolling restart

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
A guild group did the first 2 bosses and had just about got hold of the 3rd Soul Fragment in the Fragments of the Past Quest when the announcement was made counting down 15 minutes to Shutdown (which none of us were aware of till that time). We cleared the spiders to grab the 3rd fragment and used the portal to port back to the exit, then hearthed to Dal. After the restart, we grouped back up, went back to Karazhan, but upon entering the instance, we found it had completely reset. Im assuming this means that we will now have to do the first 2 bosses and all associated trash again, for no loot return?

Daemonblight-Jubei'Thos
Monkitup-Gundrak
Advocado-Jubei'Thos
Turpentine-Gundrak
Fezzlock-Jubei'Thos

The Peace Makers
10/27/2016 06:17 AMPosted by Daemonblight
Im assuming this means that we will now have to do the first 2 bosses and all associated trash again, for no loot return?

There's one way to find out! Good luck!
the announcement was made counting down 15 minutes to Shutdown (which none of us were aware of till that time).
It was posted to the Breaking News section of the Battle.Net launcher several hours ago. Last night, in fact.
After the restart, we grouped back up, went back to Karazhan, but upon entering the instance, we found it had completely reset.
That tends to happen during a restart.
It was posted to the Breaking News section of the Battle.Net launcher several hours ago. Last night, in fact.

Most of the group had been on for a few hours beforehand, I, personally, around 6 hours
10/27/2016 06:38 AMPosted by Daemonblight
Most of the group had been on for a few hours beforehand, I, personally, around 6 hours
Last night, in fact.
It was on the Breaking News when I logged in 12 hours ago.
i just zoned in after stopping at curator last night, it took me right to him but he was gone and so was the next frag.
10/27/2016 06:24 AMPosted by Teufelgott
the announcement was made counting down 15 minutes to Shutdown (which none of us were aware of till that time).
After the restart, we grouped back up, went back to Karazhan, but upon entering the instance, we found it had completely reset.
That tends to happen during a restart.

It doesn't happen to raids. 5 man is fine, resetting a long dungeon isn't... sure, let's reclear for 2 hours for zero rewards? Not fun.
One of the guys in the party was given the following work around this morning.

Leader enters first, not in a party. Each person then enters the dungeon BEFORE being invited to the party. For some strange reason, this worked.
does the leader and other party member have to leave the instance after invite? else i dont see how the lockout would change when they are inside.