Old War VS Prolonged Power

Demon Hunter
Which is better and why, with source/proof please.
Old war because you can buy the mats from the blood vendor as any class, or farm it as an herbalist, or buy them off the AH.

Prolonged power requires bloods just to create - which are soulbound. So, either the alchemist is supplying you with the potion out of the goodness of his heart, or you're paying a boatload of gold for each one.

I use old war now for everything because they are so cheap (for me). I have hundreds of bloods, so getting the mats to make them are easy and free. Heck, I pre-potted on a heroic boss today with old war because I have so many of them now.
10/29/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Emerita
Old war because you can buy the mats from the blood vendor as any class, or farm it as an herbalist, or buy them off the AH.

Prolonged power requires bloods just to create - which are soulbound. So, either the alchemist is supplying you with the potion out of the goodness of his heart, or you're paying a boatload of gold for each one.

I use old war now for everything because they are so cheap (for me). I have hundreds of bloods, so getting the mats to make them are easy and free. Heck, I pre-potted on a heroic boss today with old war because I have so many of them now.

Your knowledge of economics is severely lacking.
Prolonged Power is substantially better for DPS. For me, the secondary stat increase is equivalent to 7395 worth of agility.
Min/maxers have said that prolonged powere parses under normal pots, but only slightly, like 5%. Basically the normal player won't see a difference in total dps because of lag and mistakes
Old War is better, but Prolonged Power is easier to get and works well for farm content. Saves me gold by crafting pots that are decent and easy to get, resulting in a very minimal DPS loss over Old War, and then I use Old War for progression content or bosses that we've downed but still have some difficulty with (like Xavius).
prolonged is 10-20 time cheaper
10/29/2016 07:28 PMPosted by Morphoenix
Prolonged Power is substantially better for DPS. For me, the secondary stat increase is equivalent to 7395 worth of agility.

It doesn't increase secondary stats...