Not a fan of Mythics

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I think mythics are okay, as long as you have the at least recommended gear level and eventually learn the mechanics you will likely do fine with it.
maybe you should stop being bad?
Well I did mythic EoA yesterday, I suppose it went alright as we didn't wipe at all, and I didn't die. But I still have very little desire to do more mythic dungeons, as it's more trouble than it's even worth getting a group together. Which is why I hadn't tried mythics until then in the first place.
10/08/2016 04:12 PMPosted by Lilladin
WoD heroics = legion mythics in difficulty

This is arguably true... but there's one big difference....

No auto-queue system.

Without it, there are people who just plain don't get to do this content.
10/08/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Xuraien

No auto-queue system.

This is the dealbreaker for me. I'm fine with harder dungeon content - I've been complaining since Mists about dungeons being reduced to faceroll zergfests - but I'm not willing to waste my time micromanaging the manual group finder in hopes that just maybe I'll actually get accepted to one despite not being 30 ilevels above what the dungeon drops.

I beat Heroic Halls of Reflection through the queue. I beat Cataclysm heroics through the queue. I beat Zandalari heroics through the queue. Why are mythics alone "too hard" for the queue?
10/08/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Lokka
I beat Heroic Halls of Reflection through the queue. I beat Cataclysm heroics through the queue. I beat Zandalari heroics through the queue. Why are mythics alone "too hard" for the queue?

http://podbay.fm/show/446258670/e/1348528500?autostart=1

28:55

We heard from a lot of players at the start of Cataclysm that... y'know, there was a very very direct range of reactions to the dungeons in 4-0. We heard from guild players, particularly raiders, that they loved it - that this is really fun hard content, was interesting, had a blast doing it.
We heard from a lot of other people that were doing it through the Looking for Dungeon system that it was really frustrating.
And, ultimately, that kind of led to our philosophy approaching dungeons in Mists of Pandaria, which is just recognizing that the majority of players who are doing our normal and heroic dungeons - really, at level 90 there are only heroic dungeons, we don't have normal versions - most people who are doing them are doing them through Looking for Dungeon group system, with randomly matchmade party members who they've probably never played with before and probably never going to play with again. And that's a very different target audience tuning-wise. So we're designing our dungeons in Mists of Pandaria for that group.
I hate how the new dungeon is mythic only, I want queable content not something you need to organize yourself. It is really a drag that I can't que into 3 dungeons now. I'd rather have mythic ques unlockable and mythic plus only requiring organizing the group.
10/08/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Xuraien

No auto-queue system.

This is the dealbreaker for me. I'm fine with harder dungeon content - I've been complaining since Mists about dungeons being reduced to faceroll zergfests - but I'm not willing to waste my time micromanaging the manual group finder in hopes that just maybe I'll actually get accepted to one despite not being 30 ilevels above what the dungeon drops.

This when we asked for dungeons I wanted something like halls of reflection, or the cata dungoens with there own que, or the troll dungeons. These feel like little raids which is good to run in the guild but not something I want to apply to with the disruptive qualifications the community imposes to have a lazy run, or bum rush content with ilvl bypassing mechanics.
In my opinion about different aspects of the game... Dungeons are an MMO thing and the end zone content like Suramar and Karazhan being mythic only because no one doesn't want end zone or returned dungeons and raids to be huge facerolls.

Heroics have been a Joke in WoD and when Mythic Dungeons were announced in 6.2 and making dungeons relevant in legion is a good step.

Mythic Only content seems to be good to my standards. Its an aspect of the game and if you don't like it then why are you complaining that making content mythic only is a bad thing? its not really the end of the world, Blizzard just want make endgame or endzone content more relevant then being a OMG FACEROLL LOL.

With Karazhan being a next dungeon in the next patch... I honestly don't want it to be a faceroll /cough Heroic and Normal cough.
10/08/2016 05:00 PMPosted by Rukaji
I hate how the new dungeon is mythic only, I want queable content not something you need to organize yourself. It is really a drag that I can't que into 3 dungeons now. I'd rather have mythic ques unlockable and mythic plus only requiring organizing the group.

Yeah, and then having people leave after the first boss for seemingly no reason(or at least not stating one), and then waiting another 30 minutes for replacements.

I mean maybe I would put up with it if I loved doing dungeons, but currently I don't feel like mythics are even worth the effort.

[quote]We heard from a lot of players at the start of Cataclysm that... y'know, there was a very very direct range of reactions to the dungeons in 4-0. We heard from guild players, particularly raiders, that they loved it - that this is really fun hard content, was interesting, had a blast doing it.
We heard from a lot of other people that were doing it through the Looking for Dungeon system that it was really frustrating.
And, ultimately, that kind of led to our philosophy approaching dungeons in Mists of Pandaria, which is just recognizing that the majority of players who are doing our normal and heroic dungeons - really, at level 90 there are only heroic dungeons, we don't have normal versions - most people who are doing them are doing them through Looking for Dungeon group system, with randomly matchmade party members who they've probably never played with before and probably never going to play with again. And that's a very different target audience tuning-wise. So we're designing our dungeons in Mists of Pandaria for that group.

Why not have a proving grounds for mythic dungeons? Prove you can handle content like the queable catacysm heroics. Those were amazingly fun to finish, the use of cc and one shot mechanics could get annoying when people refused to do it, or were plain bad to not be able to so the proving grounds could help.
10/08/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Dèan
maybe you should stop being bad?

You remind me of the Shadow Priest that was in the group telling me that if I used dispel, I wouldn't have to heal so much.

As he's saying that, I'm looking down to see both my single target and mass dispel are both still on cooldown. And the frustrating beat down of 3 members of the group getting debuffed, you use mass dispel to clear those 3 and immediately 2 more get dispelled, you clear one and the other person complains that you aren't dispelling fast enough!

/wrists

WTF am I supposed to do, ignore cooldowns? Magically make all the bad go away with the snap of my fingers?

Oh, wait... I'm supposed to "git gud" right? Ok, maybe next time I'll stop healing the group to tell the next shadow priest to dispel his own damn debuffs!
10/08/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Mildríðr

Yeah, and then having people leave after the first boss for seemingly no reason(or at least not stating one), and then waiting another 30 minutes for replacements.

I mean maybe I would put up with it if I loved doing dungeons, but currently I don't feel like mythics are even worth the effort.

That still happens now in raids and some mythic modes, if someone leaves a mythic + group you already screwed. But those heroics I found fun to run, fun to catch up gear instead of recycling old content thats harder like in WoD. Idk I personally don't like to use the groupfinder, Ive only done it to finish some quests as the party leader as a tank so things go fast. Can't imagine doing it as a dps.
Casuals beware, this is OUR game now.

Didn't work in Cata.
Didn't work in Wildstar.

Won't work now.

[quote]We heard from a lot of players at the start of Cataclysm that... y'know, there was a very very direct range of reactions to the dungeons in 4-0. We heard from guild players, particularly raiders, that they loved it - that this is really fun hard content, was interesting, had a blast doing it.

That faceroll crap they started giving us in Pandaria is exactly what I want away from. The Pandaria 5 mans were decently challenging at the start of the expansion, but by the time people were starting to overgear them they became jokes, and only got worse as the expansion went on and ilevels got higher and higher above the tuning point. Then they did the same thing with non-Mythic WoD dungeons, and now apparently we're doing it again with non-Mythic Legion dungeons.

It's crap. I want a challenge, Blizzard, but I can't access it without a queue unless I'm willing to gamble my entire playtime for the night on micromanaging the manual group finder on the chance that I might actually find a group without absurd ilevel requirements. Manual group building turns just entering the dungeon into a bigger challenge than actually beating the dungeon itself, and that's not the challenge I'm looking for.

Not everyone is either a faceroller or a hardcore raider, Blizzard. Stop ditching those of us in the middle.

Trust me when it comes to the new mythic kara, you do not by any means want to group with the type of people to instantly leave if anything goes wrong in a dungeon that is going to take 1-2 hours minimum to complete.
10/08/2016 04:23 PMPosted by Annastasi
it's ok for there to be things in the game that you don't enjoy doing.

it's ok for the game to give you quests that you choose not to do.

it's not ok to demand the game fundamentally change to suit your (rather narrow) definition of what you will do.

That faceroll crap they started giving us in Pandaria is exactly what I want away from. The Pandaria 5 mans were decently challenging at the start of the expansion, but by the time people were starting to overgear them they became jokes, and only got worse as the expansion went on and ilevels got higher and higher above the tuning point. Then they did the same thing with non-Mythic WoD dungeons, and now apparently we're doing it again with non-Mythic Legion dungeons.

It's crap. I want a challenge, Blizzard, but I can't access it without a queue unless I'm willing to gamble my entire playtime for the night on micromanaging the manual group finder on the chance that I might actually find a group without absurd ilevel requirements. Manual group building turns just entering the dungeon into a bigger challenge than actually beating the dungeon itself, and that's not the challenge I'm looking for.

Not everyone is either a faceroller or a hardcore raider, Blizzard. Stop ditching those of us in the middle.

if you look you can find groups without an absurd ilvl requirement, I personally only set it at 825 when I decide to post up a group for mythics (although it's not often that I do since I find myself doing other things usually)
10/08/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Gald

Trust me when it comes to the new mythic kara, you do not by any means want to group with the type of people to instantly leave if anything goes wrong in a dungeon that is going to take 1-2 hours minimum to complete.

Its more of a mini raid, and people will leave those anyway, meaning you'd have to wait for people and wait for them to get in since the summoning stone is outside. Instead of other queing in it. When it came to dungeons the design was a 20m thing you can do in a lunch break after WoD, these are more akin to mini raids or possibly a redesign of dungeoning. It would be lovely to at least have a queble heroic mode. The forming of groups can get rather boring and annoying. If not then I don't see myself doing them often, maybe something Ill do once over or if the guild asks.

I also need some clarification on somethings like if you are saved to a lockout, able to run the same mythic although downing a boss. With this new style of dungeon it would take a new sort of time commitment that could be offset by having a queable version, maybe a heroic version. Its not cool to have the only queable content being the same old, it was a disaster in MoP and will be in Legion.

For example in Overwatch wouldnt it suck if they realized a new map but could only use it with your friends or random people you have to select compared to just using quick play. Or if competitive was locked behind groups only?
10/08/2016 04:12 PMPosted by Lilladin
WoD heroics = legion mythics in difficulty
i don't see how posts like this get downvoted so much. People really hate the truth it seems.