Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus 7.1 patch note

General Discussion
I got my legendary last week... and it was this neck.

Was I excited? Not really. It's still the #1 rated legendary for Holy Priests over at Icy Veins... having both primary stats (Mastery/Crit) and adding to our survivability with the shield.

Could have been worse... like the Sephuz's Secret ring.
Just got this... glad it's getting a buff soon
10/17/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Lacey

Was I excited? Not really. It's still the #1 rated legendary for Holy Priests over at Icy Veins... having both primary stats (Mastery/Crit) and adding to our survivability with the shield.

Yeah. I'd be a bit relieved to get this instead of Norgannon's or Sephuz. The stats are good, and it would help a bit with the fact that our defenses are in a weird place right now. Thinking Holy Priest is a bit of an anomaly as far as this neck, though.

Frankly, I'd rather see it redesigned to be useful to more specs, as well as our own defenses redesigned. Our only active defense in competition with our only mobility, focused will requiring being meleed which just does not happen in raids, our mobility weapon trait requiring focused will. The only healing spec which cannot move during our raid CD - even Druids can move during tranq. We're just sort of a mess atm in this regard.

The neck is a damn bandaid for us, and it's fairly awful for everyone else.
10/17/2016 09:18 AMPosted by Jirallis
As a side note: WHY CAN THIS GARBAGE LEGENDARY DROP FOR DPS. IT IS SO GOD DAMN USELESS.
'

Because a lot of you guys stand in crap, and as a healer its amazing to have people wearing this thing.

Even I make mistakes, and anything to lighten my load is immensely helpful.
I'm a MAGE DPS and so far BOTH of my Legendaries are shield defensives....

Chest and Neck...

Not a very well designed system.
I just got this yesterday, if I had not heard that it would be buffed I would have disenchanted it.

I don't need help with wq, I can solo anything short of a world boss as it is.

This does nothing for me as a tank in raids.

I wouldn't mind it except it reset my chance to get a legendary I'd actually want back to baseline (right?).

Having it go B-o.n.g (apparently a blocked word for some reason?) every 30 seconds while idle is also sub awesome... at least I don't ever hear it while I'm doing actual content because it will never proc.
I have been giving some serious thought into this legendary, and im pretty sure that I will Disenchant mine. It doesnt give vers, so its a dps downgrade from my 865 necklace, and I want to know what I get from disenchanting a legendary. Worst legendary in game.
As a side note: WHY CAN THIS GARBAGE LEGENDARY DROP FOR DPS. IT IS SO GOD DAMN USELESS.

My mage loves it for soloing things. Its the First line of defense. Then comes my boosted Ice Barrier. By the time that is usually gone, the Legendary's shield kicks in. By then the thing is usually nearly if not dead.
10/17/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Lacey

Holy Priest friend just got that one today. To say he was disappointed is...a severe understatement.
Just making it so that every X seconds you obtain the shield would be better, as not taking damage isn't always going to happen even for the most skilled DPS/Healers, let alone tanks. If you fixed this then it'd be a little more viable as far as bringing additional survivability.
The 300k shield this potentially gives you every 35 seconds is nothing compared to missing out on 40-60k damage increase of other legendary items for dps specs.

They should change how this works so that it is good for tanks and remove it from heal/dps loot pools. And for any healer or dps that already got one just let use reroll it into another random legendary.

I got prydaz and sephuz btw. Cry with me.
Not to piggyback on this thread, but Sephuz's Secret too? :c
10/17/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Jirallis
if heals, every 30 seconds your next heal with a cast time is instant cast

Yeah.. thats not OP at all

10/17/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Jirallis
if dps, every 30 seconds your next damaging spell with a cast time is instant cast.

There is already one that does that.
10/22/2016 03:35 PMPosted by Stealth
I got prydaz and sephuz btw. Cry with me.

Yeah you poor baby, "i got 2 legendaries- whaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Any updates on this? Finally got a Legendary and it was this... as a main tank it rarely ever procs... pretty upset didnt even get excited when I saw what I had gotten.
10/17/2016 11:55 AMPosted by Lárisa
'

Because a lot of you guys stand in crap, and as a healer its amazing to have people wearing this thing.

Even I make mistakes, and anything to lighten my load is immensely helpful.

Lol well have fun cause I refuse to equip it.

If the healer wants help, I hand out lock cookies, I use them, I pop unending resolve. I do everything in my power to make the healer's job easier. But I'm not equipping a garbage legendary that gives me 1400 mastery (my worst stat fyi) for a shield that might activate on me if I happen to not take damage lol.
I think the best thing they could do for this item is simply to remove it from the game. For all those who got it, give them a new legendary at random for their spec.
I see it only as a stat boost and an annoying halo around me that keeps refreshing. Really, really annoying halo.