shock baton

Mage
is this thing even still in the game/receivable? the world quest for it has been AP, gold, and order resources after about 8 rerolls now. getting frustrated =(
10/20/2016 05:09 AMPosted by Requited
is this thing even still in the game/receivable? the world quest for it has been AP, gold, and order resources after about 8 rerolls now. getting frustrated =(

Same. I've seen people get the shock baton, but it is frustrating to see "Life Finds A Way" cycle through all of its rewards except for the trinket.
Ditto. Very annoying. I'm to the point now where I have two EN trinkets, but I'm still not convinced they're better. I suck with Sinew and Plaguehive doesn't have crit.
Agreed. I think they must have either removed it or severely reduced the chance it will pop up. Very frustrating because some people who were more hardcore in the first week had it roll around every few days and many got war/titanforged versions and those of us who had things to do elsewhere appear to have missed out.

I personally have done the quest every time its appeared for me (about 8-10 times and it is almost exclusively gold or order resources with 1 time being AP).

I wouldn't hold out hope anymore, there will probably be new BiS with 7.1 next week. Still, given I'll be way too busy for much game time at the 7.1 drop I'll probably suffer the same consequences and miss out on the next BiS bug wave. #feelsbadman.
10/20/2016 05:29 AMPosted by Krindis
Ditto. Very annoying. I'm to the point now where I have two EN trinkets, but I'm still not convinced they're better. I suck with Sinew and Plaguehive doesn't have crit.

A fun fact with Plaguehive is if you use Cinderstorm, each cinder has a chance to proc it
it been nearly 2months since it last pop up.

the downvotes for speakin the truth?

my mage is 3 weeks old and i havent seen it since a month and a week ago on my first 110

what ever then lol
10/20/2016 08:05 AMPosted by Jessdabést

What? The game came out less than 2 months ago and it's shown up several times since then.
Quest has been up 9 times I believe in the last 2 weeks. Gold and order resources each time. Every day I log on and see that it's up and not the baton, I die just a little bit.
I made the mistake of getting rid of mine for two 865 EN trinkets, turns out an 830 trinket is better than a trinket 35 ilvls higher Feelsbadman
10/20/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Gríz
I made the mistake of getting rid of mine for two 865 EN trinkets, turns out an 830 trinket is better than a trinket 35 ilvls higher Feelsbadman
Item Recovery

Im sure your not the only one who regrets vendering it for a higher ilvl item, to find out it was a dps loss.

common mentality is always go for the higher ilvl. But that is not true. Hopefully youll get it again :)
hope they nerfed its chances to show up, the stupid thing is so much more powerful than like every trinket in EN. blizz really dropped the ball with these trinkets. so gross that my 835 baton sims higher than my 865 trinkets from EN
10/20/2016 08:00 AMPosted by Telasar
10/20/2016 05:29 AMPosted by Krindis

A fun fact with Plaguehive is if you use Cinderstorm, each cinder has a chance to proc it

Ugh, more reason to use Cinderstorm, but I am SO TERRIBLE at aiming it...
10/20/2016 08:11 AMPosted by Mägistrate
10/20/2016 08:05 AMPosted by Jessdabést

What? The game came out less than 2 months ago and it's shown up several times since then.

Its been ''nearly'' 2months

near·ly
ˈnirlē/
adverb
very close to; almost.
"David was nearly asleep"
synonyms: almost, just about, about, more or less, practically, virtually, all but, as good as, not far off, to all intents and purposes; More
10/20/2016 09:08 AMPosted by Krindis

I'm just gonna come out and say it. If you suck with Sinew an suck with cinderstorm, your trinkets don't matter for min/maxing and you should work on your skill level.
10/20/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Jessdabést
10/20/2016 08:11 AMPosted by Mägistrate

Its been ''nearly'' 2months

near·ly
ˈnirlē/
adverb
very close to; almost.
"David was nearly asleep"
synonyms: almost, just about, about, more or less, practically, virtually, all but, as good as, not far off, to all intents and purposes; More

Hold on, I'll grab you a ladder for all that reaching.
Random number generators sure are random

Anecdotally I've seen it fewer times since it was more or less discovered by the mage community as being an incredibly good. It still pops up - just check every day

Item Restoration, available every 15 days now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration
Plaguehive is better than it at 865, unless you have an obscenely titanforged/socketed one.

Sinew is also better for the stats and the opening burst (hitting 700-800k burst now with it rofl). 2.5mil every 2 minutes isn't bad at all.

Cinderstorm is very easy to hit, either stand next to them and put them at your 2 o clock, or stand exactly 30m away from them and aim dead on.

It takes a small amount of time to get used to.

Also, big thing: you may -think- you are missing, but you aren't. The numbers don't pop up right, sometimes I see 3 numbers but recount will show 6 hits. So don't fret. If it looks like the cinders passed through the melee circle, chances are you hit all 6.

Go and do world quests and practice with it then.....stop avoiding it.