Fury Buffs up on mmo champ

Warrior
I am still waiting for the much-needed buff to Self-Healing.

Fury looked so promising for PvP back in Alpha and the early part of Beta, and then got smacked with cumulative heavy-handed Nerfs that totally destroyed its self-healing far beyond what was needed to keep it from being OPed.

For PvP, Fury with strong self-heals could fill the very much needed niche of a Warrior who excels at 1v1, duels, solo-queues and 2s.. yet lacking D-stance and taking increased damage while enraged would balance it out and prevent it from being OPed in 3s. Powerful as hell one on one, but very vulnerable to concentrated teamwork.

Arms excels with a Healer, and (should!!) in 3s - but Fury could be our 'Duel Hero' and solo-queue spec. This seemed like the original intent in Beta, at least, and something I'd really like to see happen.

All that said, if they'd turn Second Wind into something good (MoP's version?) for Arms.. it would provide a viable alternative to Defensive Stance that lets Arms do well without a Healer, but still do better with a Healer + D-stance in 3s.

Honestly, BOTH specs getting improved self-healing (or at least options!) for QoL reasons sounds important to me.
10/12/2016 09:48 AMPosted by Bahgtru
For PvP, Fury with strong self-heals could fill the very much needed niche of a Warrior who excels at 1v1, duels, solo-queues and 2s.. yet lacking D-stance and taking increased damage while enraged would balance it out and prevent it from being OPed in 3s. Powerful as hell one on one, but very vulnerable to concentrated teamwork.

Arms excels with a Healer, and (should!!) in 3s - but Fury could be our 'Duel Hero' and solo-queue spec. This seemed like the original intent in Beta, at least, and something I'd really like to see happen.

Admittedly I haven't done much dueling, but fury's self-healing is actually quite good when using Furious Charge and Double Time. Fury does just melt to focus fire though.
10/12/2016 10:00 AMPosted by Kettlehack
Admittedly I haven't done much dueling, but fury's self-healing is actually quite good when using Furious Charge and Double Time. Fury does just melt to focus fire though.

I've actively sought out Fury Warriors on the opposing team in BGs, just to see - and while it's extremely anecdotal, I haven't been impressed with their ability to self-heal in the slightest.

If a 1v1 against another pure melee (me) they can easily Bloodthirst on is too much for a Fury's self-heals, I can't imagine they are all that good.
Certainly not a factor when facing a strong 1v1 spec like Ret, ya know?

And that's what I'd like to see Fury be - a self-healing pain in the !@# for people to face without help, so long as the Warrior can connect. It would provide a GREAT alternative to the team-oriented Arms spec, and give us a really fun solo-queue option.
still don't like the damage penalty.....
10/12/2016 10:00 AMPosted by Kettlehack

Those aren't viable selections long term, though. At least not in rated arena.

Furious Charge and Double Time, as well as Bloodthirst healing in general, are completely irrelevant if the warrior is CC'd, and on top of that, to take those two talents you're trading a 4 second ranged stun and either a lot of mobility or 10% less damage taken.
Buffs are always good, but them ignoring out artifact golden traits completely is troubling.

If you've ever gone through our standard rotation without using any buffs it's outright terrible. Using our burst every minute is what keeps our dps going.

As well as Odyn's Champion decreasing the CD on our enrage regen. They need to make it reduce cd's by 2 seconds and not 1 second. At least 1.5, but I mean cmon.

We literally handed them the exact changes they needed to make and they come out with a buff totally irrelevant to what we had said.
10/12/2016 06:58 AMPosted by Imacowetc
It's a 6-7% buff.. but this time around, nothing else really got touched. That's a good thing.

Basically, that puts the average fury parse right back in the middle of the pack. Where good parses can shine and bad parses mean you need to play better.

We should not be in middle of the pack, if that is where we should be i want the extra damage taken GONE. If we have to deal with that much liability we should do almost top dps to compensate. I don't understand how all of you can say middle to low tier is ok with that crap mechanic.
As long as we're taking 30% more damage, we need bigger buffs.

Or they could just get rid of that stupid mechanic, but that wouldn't fit their "class fantasy".
So the buffs will move us up into the lower-middle of the pack dps in raids... while still taking 30% extra damage. I think their Fury design philosophy was for us to Enrage irl.

It's too bad they can't hotfix us as fast and drastically as they did with Prot!
Increased damage taken in raids/world content (non-PVP) is a non-factor. Too much discussion focused on that and not enough about actual, constructive feedback about mechanical issues.
10/12/2016 01:46 PMPosted by Ødïn
Increased damage taken in raids/world content (non-PVP) is a non-factor. Too much discussion focused on that and not enough about actual, constructive feedback about mechanical issues.

It's not a "non-factor", even if you consider it to not be the most important factor right now. Don't get the two mixed up.

I guess our detailed discussion about gold weapon traits, RB doing more damage than a 90 rage spender, furious slash being garbage, pitiful self healing, and cookie cutter talent choices in a forum post (that's now at the post limit) with a blue response wasn't enough "constructive feedback"!
10/12/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Corundum
10/12/2016 01:46 PMPosted by Ødïn

It's not a "non-factor", even if you consider it to not be the most important factor right now. Don't get the two mixed up.

I guess our detailed discussion about gold weapon traits, RB doing more damage than a 90 rage spender, furious slash being garbage, pitiful self healing, and cookie cutter talent choices in a forum post (that's now at the post limit) with a blue response wasn't enough "constructive feedback"!

That's the thing, though, it IS a non-issue. It simply doesn't matter in any appreciable sense. At no point in any heroic or mythic encounter I've had pulls on has the increased damage mattered in any real way. It's just an easy target for people who want to complain.
10/12/2016 02:39 PMPosted by Ødïn

That's the thing, though, it IS a non-issue. It simply doesn't matter in any appreciable sense. At no point in any heroic or mythic encounter I've had pulls on has the increased damage mattered in any real way. It's just an easy target for people who want to complain.

Cool you're good at dodging !@#$ during enrage, doesnt mean %^-* in pvp where that 20-30% is a game changer.

Ok let's try this again. It may not be an issue FOR YOU. That doesn't mean that another Fury warrior pushing mythic+10 with a different group taking +30% damage from unavoidable AoE is a non-factor. Maybe they don't already outgear the content they are trying because of unlucky rng, or they have a healer that can't group heal as efficiently and the Fury warrior is a heal sponge. Increased damage taken, regardless of the warrior's skill and playstyle, could be the difference between surviving and beating the timer, or dying at 20% and not having the dps to finish a boss.

Other dps would not have that issue, and they do more damage than us too!
10/12/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Stompzz

Cool you're good at dodging !@#$ during enrage, doesnt mean %^-* in pvp where that 20-30% is a game changer.

I completely agree that it should be adjusted for PvP, but that's not what the majority of people here complain about.
[quote="207480585063"]Here is how the increases break down on the updated PTR build (since it's a lot to take in):

Bloodthirst: Deals 262% of weapon damage, up from 243%. (7.8% difference)

Execute: Deals 666% of weapon damage, up from 616%. (8.1% difference)

Furious Slash: Deals 307% of off-hand weapon damage, up from 284%. (8.1% difference)

Odyn’s Fury: Deals 540% of weapon damage, up from 500%. (8.0% difference)

Raging Blow: Deals 165% of weapon damage (both weapons), up from 153%. Off-hand still has standard penalty. (7.8% difference)

Rampage: Deals total of 889% of weapon damage, up from 823%. (8.0% difference)

Bladestorm (Arms/Prot): Deals 1,099% total weapon damage, up from 1,015%. (8.3% difference)

Bladestorm (Fury): Deals 2,189% total weapon damage, up from 2,030%. (7.8% difference)

Dragon Roar: Deals 162% of Attack power, up from 150%. (8.0% difference)

Ravager: Deals 1,890% of Attack Power, up from 1,750%. [i](8.0% differenc

Man I just want to live in pvp instances I get my !@# clapped every time I encounter someone , at least remove enrage debuff or give up parry or increase healing how it was at the beginning of beta. Can't believe there missing the big $%^ picture.
Not bad at all. Not a huge buff but that's to be expected - we don't need massive buffs really, just a bit more to be competitive.

I'd still be perfectly okay with the damage I do now if I just didn't take more in return, though.

1 hour ago

10/12/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Stompzz

I completely agree that it should be adjusted for PvP, but that's not what the majority of people here complain about.

Actually there have been many posts throughout several of the forums, not just battle.net requesting that this issue be addressed. Several times I have seen replies on if we are taking the increased damage then maybe we should be justified in dealing increased damage. There is also the thought process on questioning why we take so much increased damage when we wear the toughest armor in the game. These are just some of the posts I've seen but they are quite a few out there, simplicity of the matter is that it does need to be adjusted, at its current state its just too much damage that we take. Maybe 10% or 15% would be a better design idea? I am all for removing it entirely, but I do understand why it is present, just not its current effect/value of 30%. In the past, Fury has always had ways of dealing with having an increased damage taken issue in the form of our different stances and several defensive cool downs such as Die by the Sword. Now we don't have those, we really only have one.

Something I wanted to bring up as well, back in vanilla, warrior tanks were really Fury tanks, in that they tended to spec heavily into Fury as opposed to only putting a few talent choices into Protection. Carrying forward, through both BC and WotLK, Fury warriors have always been a solid choice as an off tank/dps, with the use of a macro you could quickly swap your weapons to a shield and one handed-weapon and go into Defensive stance should the need arise or your main tank die. My point here is that sure Fury took increased damage back then as well, but not to the same scale as we currently do and had a few options in dealing with said increased damage. The key issue here is balance and it currently is not balanced well.
I dont plan on subbing with money ever again, if I can't make enough gold to buy a token then I'm just not going to play

this is the beginning of the expansion, class apathy this early on is unacceptable.
10/12/2016 06:37 AMPosted by Brutekill
Arms started off so promising. But now has become such a pitiful spec that is not even considered viable in Mythic raiding content.

The outrage displayed by the Fury Warrior community is outright sad, and look, it got them back to being the #1 warrior DPS spec (With more Buffs coming in 7.1)

The Focus rage nerf, and the Tactician Nerf has riddled arms to being arguably the most Inconsistent raid DPS in game.

Trying to TOP dps? Add some boss mechanics to that, say poisons that need to be dropped outside the raid on Nythendra and Elerethe Renferal, Or soaking pools while dreaming on Xavius. Your Warrior DPS becomes non-existent, essentially making you a wasted raid slot.

Fury warriors..Eat your heart out.

Fury is top DPS right now? I think you're looking at the charts upside down, bud.